-Ford

brianstl likes this

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's absolutely uncalled for this kinda scoring."

Sounds like he's going to cry. Rammer and Earl verbally step in.

"These guys make 5 threes a game and they make 5 threes in the first half."

1 minute ago, RamJAMTIME said:

I think he said it's absolutely unacceptable they can't guard one on one. 

Yeah that's when he sounded like the was going to cry.

"We'll see you in Chicago"-Rammer

"yeah 3 games close and it doesn't get any easier"-Ford

Gremio14 likes this

1 minute ago, RamJAMTIME said:

"It's just...uh..ah Jesus"

Definitely sounds defeated

It sounded like he was about to cry right? Then Earl and Rammer step in and say 'yeah we've seen a lot of ball and....." to save him

The offensive rebounds was the difference.   Most of those turn into putbacks.  

The lack of fundamentals and consistent effort in this team is horrible.  What exactly do they practice?

thatskablamo likes this

I'm thinking there's still some SERIOUS dissention in the ranks. 

Those of you that didn't watch the broadcast, as they were cutting back in from the crash in the last timeout, they showed the Billiken huddle and one of the guys started punching the side of his head.  Then he looked to get even more pissed, turned around and sat down before the huddle broke, looking supremely pissed off... that player was none other than one Mr. Parker.

This isn't a team... it's a group THINKING they're a team.  I just don't know anymore...

thatskablamo and JMM28 like this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The offensive rebounds was the difference.   Most of those turn into putbacks.  

The lack of fundamentals and consistent effort in this team is horrible.  What exactly do they practice?

Bingo. It’s almost as if this group just started playing basketball and Ford just types in “what’s a good basketball offense?” on his search engine, which is probably Yahoo. We are the most archaic team in any level of intercollegiate basketball, Chicago State included. 

7 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

Those of you that didn't watch the broadcast, as they were cutting back in from the crash in the last timeout, they showed the Billiken huddle and one of the guys started punching the side of his head.  Then he looked to get even more pissed, turned around and sat down before the huddle broke, looking supremely pissed off... that player was none other than one Mr. Parker.

This isn't a team... it's a group THINKING they're a team.  I just don't know anymore...

Parker played limited minutes tonight so if anyone was frustrated, it was him (or Medley). But I just went back to the final media timeout in the broadcast and I didn't see what you're talking about. He's visible behind the huddle sitting down and back up on the bench. Just curious exactly when this happened.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Parker played limited minutes tonight so if anyone was frustrated, it was him (or Medley). But I just went back to the final media timeout in the broadcast and I didn't see what you're talking about. He's visible behind the huddle sitting down and back up on the bench. Just curious exactly when this happened.

For sure, but he looked like he did NOT like the fact he wasn't being put in the game. And it wasn't the final media timeout, I believe it was one of the under one minute timeouts it happened. I can't go back and look currently, so finding it may be tough, but it happened.  I said to myself WTF when it happened. 

14 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

For sure, but he looked like he did NOT like the fact he wasn't being put in the game. And it wasn't the final media timeout, I believe it was one of the under one minute timeouts it happened. I can't go back and look currently, so finding it may be tough, but it happened.  I said to myself WTF when it happened. 

Maybe the one with 35.3 seconds left? He hits his hands together a few times and messes with his hair. Looks frustrated.

Ford talks about how the team can not defend their man and it is up to them to do that.  Well, why can't they defend their man one on one?  Well there are two reasons: 1. they are not athletic enough to do it - whose fault is that maybe the guy who recruited them.  2. have they been coached properly to defend - whose fault is that maybe the guy who is supposed to be teaching them.  If the players are being defiant and not listening to the coaches then whose fault is that - maybe the guy who is not holding them accountable.

I am sorry, he did sound defeated but honestly when will he actually accept responsibility for what is happening instead of blaming the players all the time.  No wonder the team is a mess. 

This game was lost yes as Roy said second chance put backs but also UMass won virtually all the 50/50 balls.  We just couldn't stop them ever and when we did we squandered the opportunity on our offensive side.  I am not sure what he does now but tonight was basically the same thing we have seen all year.  Chaifetz was here and I wonder what he is thinking now?

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Ford talks about how the team can not defend their man and it is up to them to do that.  Well, why can't they defend their man one on one?  Well there are two reasons: 1. they are not athletic enough to do it - whose fault is that maybe the guy who recruited them.  2. have they been coached properly to defend - whose fault is that maybe the guy who is supposed to be teaching them.  If the players are being defiant and not listening to the coaches then whose fault is that - maybe the guy who is not holding them accountable.

I am sorry, he did sound defeated but honestly when will he actually accept responsibility for what is happening instead of blaming the players all the time.  No wonder the team is a mess. 

This game was lost yes as Roy said second chance put backs but also UMass won virtually all the 50/50 balls.  We just couldn't stop them ever and when we did we squandered the opportunity on our offensive side.  I am not sure what he does now but tonight was basically the same thing we have seen all year.  Chaifetz was here and I wonder what he is thinking now?

We’ll, the Major League Pickleball season starts Feb 7th in Los Angeles, that’s probably on the top of Dr Chaifetz’s thoughts…

33 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

This is 100% true, as I see it.

51 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

It sounded like he was about to cry right? Then Earl and Rammer step in and say 'yeah we've seen a lot of ball and....." to save him

Ford is not a stupid man. He's been coaching for 27 years and was a GREAT basketball player before that. He knows what he's watching, he knows what's wrong with this team.

He recruited those soft guys and guys who are out of shape and guys who are too little to play D1 hoops. He brought them here and knew they wouldn't be able to play defense. Where's Goodwin and French on this roster? Hell, where's Okoro?

He's absolutely right that opponents are scoring an "uncalled for" amount of points. This defense is worse than swiss cheese: there is nothing there. His best recruit is Ezewiro and the guy is literally delaying the game laying on the floor to try and get a break because he's exhausted and out of shape. LOST RECRUITING CLASS.