GDT: SLU v. VCU

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disgraceful evening.   Don’t think this can be spun any other way.   What would a potential recruit think if they saw this on television?  This feels like the SIU game.  I’ve never really wanted a season to end like I want this one to.  

TheChosenOne likes this

Watched it on dvr and fast forwarded through the last 8 mins.  

There is really nothing good to take away from this.  It’s truly the worst defense ever.  Brad sort of seems like he is over it too, his body language today was scary bad.  

The players are just completely unprepared to play and outside of Jimerson are largely untalented. 

I don’t understand why we wont fire him mid season. 

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Enjoy the blowout or even if we come from behind, so what? Switching over to the Chicago State game and the show Wesley Cardet Jr. will be putting on.

I’m done with this team and I’m jumping on the Chicago State bandwagon!! Wow, did the Cougars put on a show tonight, a 131-55 dismantling of rising cage power, East-West University. The 1-2 punch of Wesley Cardet and Jahsean Corbett combined for 53 points, 25 rebounds, and 11 assists and it was the Corbett show with a triple double of 27, 19, and 11!!

The Cougars now have a shot at becoming only their second team in 36 years to have a non-losing season. BTW, Gerald Gillion coaches this squad. With his Florida recruiting connections, I’m ready for the Bills to sign him up!!

Travis will lay it on the players. They just lack toughness and heart. Nooo, they lack coaching. Unlike last year, I’m not disappointed. I expected ugly this year and it’s exceeded my expectations. The Serbian kid can play… but no let’s trim down the rotation for the tourney.  Like he’s always done. Anyone expecting our late season improvement is gonna be really disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Getting curbstomped in a game on national tv to put you back into last place in a one-bid league in a year when you’re on the hot seat is grounds for a midseason firing.  

Heading to coinstar now to cash in my jug of coins. We may all need to chip in if we want to get this done asap. 

I didn’t realize we were PIG in 1 bid league.

Theres no chance he makes it till next year is there?

I posted this in the Wiz thread for this game but I think it is valid to post it  here again. From the Wiz's thread.

"This game could have gone much better than it did, we could kat least have lost by a lower number. As it was, the way I saw it, there was no intention in the part of our team to risk significant injury in order to win this game. I really have no idea what Ford told them at the halftime, whatever it was, it did not work. I did not stick around to hear what Ford said after the game. We lost by 24 points against VCU, the will/desire to win was just not there against VCU. Again, this is my opinion.

I think the kind words Ford had for the team after losing by 5 points against Dayton at Dayton, may have had a whole lot to do with the outcome tonight. They tried their very best and came very close to win that time, not so at this time.

A Bomb may disagree with me here, but loyalty of the troops (the team in this case) is not gained by berating them after a failed major effort to win. I was never in combat, it may be different when this is the case."

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

So tired of the negativity.

If we just hit our averages and held VCU below their averages we would have won this game.  

EZ in foul trouble all game, Parker stilll working it back.  Glad that EZ got some extended rest this game.  It's going to help him work himself back into shape.

This doesn't change anything for me.  We are still trending up and should be a B+ team by the time the A10 tournament rolls around.

Another good thing in blowouts Rammer gets the opportunity to fill airtime to pump up Humphrey's!!! Spend all your pregame and postgame time at Humphrey's!!! Owned by Billikens Coach Travis Ford!!!

Great Effort boys!!! Go Bills!!!!

You’re lost.  Almost as much as this team. 

No one is berating the players.  Posters are saying the team lacks leadership and development from the highest paid coach in the A10.  This isn’t some charity, college basketball is a big business.  And ours is failing miserably.

johnbj14 likes this

Fire Travis Ford. He is an overpaid rodeo clown on the sidelines. 

Tonight had no effort even. Usually these guys play hard, the second half they did not even try. Throw in the towel.

Fire Ford.

thatskablamo likes this

3 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Fire Travis Ford. He is an overpaid rodeo clown on the sidelines. 

Tonight had no effort even. Usually these guys play hard, the second half they did not even try. Throw in the towel.

Fire Ford.

So, you could say they quit?  We were assured they are all in for the long haul.  It’s funny how poor leadership and limited chances of success change players’ attitudes.  

But, I should stop posting as the negativity could affect the team.  😂 

9 minutes ago, TRN said:

So, you could say they quit?  We were assured they are all in for the long haul.  It’s funny how poor leadership and limited chances of success change players’ attitudes.  

But, I should stop posting as the negativity could affect the team.  😂 

The only negativity is that our coach remains Travis Ford. That's the negativity. Fire him and get rid of the negativity.

Looks like we’ll be fighting it out with LaSalle for the 14th seed in the PIG. This season is officially a disaster.

-from the Post article It’s going to be tough when we’re not scoring,” SLU coach Travis Ford said. “We have way too many deficiencies defensively. A lot of stuff we do offensively they did a great job of stopping. It’s a disappointing performance. We didn’t play well at all and our offense led to poor defense.”

“We just have to find an identity,” Ford said. “We have a lot of inconsistencies and no rhythm whatsoever. We have to figure it out. We’re trying to find combinations at this point, not just starters. Just guys who put together positive production.”

-smh

28 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-from the Post article It’s going to be tough when we’re not scoring,” SLU coach Travis Ford said. “We have way too many deficiencies defensively. A lot of stuff we do offensively they did a great job of stopping. It’s a disappointing performance. We didn’t play well at all and our offense led to poor defense.”

“We just have to find an identity,” Ford said. “We have a lot of inconsistencies and no rhythm whatsoever. We have to figure it out. We’re trying to find combinations at this point, not just starters. Just guys who put together positive production.”

-smh

Good luck with that. I would be shocked if an Odom-coached team ever loses to SLU.