GDT: SLU v. George Mason

4 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Might not be ironic that CTF’s most success here has been with Isabel going on a tear (iso basketball) and with bully ball (throw up shots and get offensive rebounds).  Not a lot of offensive scheming needed for those approaches.

We almost went 9 years without a single tourney appearance if Isabell didn’t go nuts like he did 

Bizziken likes this

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

The question is will a late-season run be enough to save Coach Ford's job?  Will the BOT be willing to kick the can down the road?  

Dear Lord let’s hope not 

12 minutes ago, GoSluBills said:

Dear Lord let’s hope not 

That's the worst thing about this season. Ford needs to GO!!!

I also want TJ Hargrove to have a good senior season.

How do those goals get reconciled?

Also fire Travis Ford.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Ok.  I haven't been able to catch a lot of games this year but can someone give me some insight on the the thought process of starting Dalger + Hargrove alongside a freshman pg??

There are not many other options.

Our two pgs are at best A10 level backups.

Hargrove has become a solid starter level player.

Dalger is a bottom of the rotation player at the A10 level.

Doesn't make for much of a team. This is the talent Ford brought in. He has to play them.

9 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Ok.  I haven't been able to catch a lot of games this year but can someone give me some insight on the the thought process of starting Dalger + Hargrove alongside a freshman pg??

Meadows has been injured with a bad back then didn’t make the trip to Mason d/t a possible concussion which occurred in the Loyola game. I say “Possible concussion” because Rammer and Earl said something about it on the pre-game show which was all I got to see or hear of the game. From what I gather not listening or watching was a fortunate circumstance.

Just now getting to watch the replay. Leaving any discussion of coaching out of it, the officiating in this game was horrendous. EZ’s 3rd foul call was ridiculous, Medley gets pushed out of bounds, no foul, ball to Mason, one mystifying call after another.

Thought Bruce looked really good in the first half. Seems to be gradually expanding his post game. Still a long way to go but definitely some potential there.

12 hours ago, GoSluBills said:

Dear Lord let’s hope not 

If he makes the Dance then keeping him around is OK for now if only that it saves some buy money.  We all know that making the Dance will be an aberration so he will go back to who he is.  I would just hope the school doesn't read anything into it.

56 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Just now getting to watch the replay. Leaving any discussion of coaching out of it, the officiating in this game was horrendous. EZ’s 3rd foul call was ridiculous, Medley gets pushed out of bounds, no foul, ball to Mason, one mystifying call after another.

Thought Bruce looked really good in the first half. Seems to be gradually expanding his post game. Still a long way to go but definitely some potential there.

Bruce will eventually have to actually jump so until then he will never be the answer.  He is not playing against height challenged high school kids.  6'5" kids at the D1 level can jump over him with no problem - heck even smaller kids can.

27 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Bruce will eventually have to actually jump so until then he will never be the answer.  He is not playing against height challenged high school kids.  6'5" kids at the D1 level can jump over him with no problem - heck even smaller kids can.

Granted all that, just noting that he’s showing some improvement and has some skills that can be developed.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

If he makes the Dance then keeping him around is OK for now if only that it saves some buy money.  We all know that making the Dance will be an aberration so he will go back to who he is.  I would just hope the school doesn't read anything into it.

Make the dance? Can u send me a bottle of whatever you’re drinking, Cheese? 

25 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-would like to know if late in the game CFord was having an interaction with a fan, sure looked like it on tv

Maybe we’re talking about two difference situations. But I recall at one point ford talking to a slu staffer but they were like 2 rows deep.  I remember this standing out because the person was sitting as far back as they were and looked strange 

OK guys, I have been watching a lot of basketball lately. Today I watched a fair amount taking place as part of the Missouri Valley Conference. I can tell you without the slightest doubt that SLU at if present level cannot compete against Bradley or Memphis, period.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

OK guys, I have been watching a lot of basketball lately. Today I watched a fair amount taking place as part of the Missouri Valley Conference. I can tell you without the slightest doubt that SLU at if present level cannot compete against Bradley or Memphis, period.

Uhhhhhhhhh

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Uhhhhhhhhh

He didn't say he was watching current MVC hoops. Memphis was in that conference from 67-73 and they were playing some high level ball, the 73 team with Kenon and Finch lost in the national title game. No way this SLU team could hang with them.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

He didn't say he was watching current MVC hoops. Memphis was in that conference from 67-73 and they were playing some high level ball, the 73 team with Kenon and Finch lost in the national title game. No way this SLU team could hang with them.

Funny, that year I was at both SLU-Memphis games.

Jan 13th '73 game at the Mid-South Coliseum, Bill "Bumper" Parodowski got us tickets. They were hottest tickets in Memphis. We lost 60-72. We were in it most of the game but the Bills keyed on Finch and left Laurie open and he killed us. 

March 3rd '73 we blew them out 70-56 in the Old Kiel. Harry Rogers went ballistic on them.

the 72-3 Billikens was probably one of the most under-rated teams ever. A shame no NCAA or NIT.

brianstl likes this

28 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

Funny, that year I was at both SLU-Memphis games.

Jan 13th '73 game at the Mid-South Coliseum, Bill "Bumper" Parodowski got us tickets. They were hottest tickets in Memphis. We lost 60-72. We were in it most of the game but the Bills keyed on Finch and left Laurie open and he killed us. 

March 3rd '73 we blew them out 70-56 in the Old Kiel. Harry Rogers went ballistic on them.

the 72-3 Billikens was probably one of the most under-rated teams ever. A shame no NCAA or NIT.

That team would have been a 6 or 7 seed with an expanded tournament format.

11 hours ago, wgstl said:

Maybe we’re talking about two difference situations. But I recall at one point ford talking to a slu staffer but they were like 2 rows deep.  I remember this standing out because the person was sitting as far back as they were and looked strange 

-I didn't think the person CFord was addressing was shown but this could have been what I saw, it looked out of the normal, even for him