Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Jesus what a train wreak, but I’ll take it over the current duo .  

With this season having gone completely in the tank they have to let Ford go. No doubt that May should go with him, but would they wack both of them? That would not be SLU like. 

39 minutes ago, DOC said:

With this season having gone completely in the tank they have to let Ford go. No doubt that May should go with him, but would they wack both of them? That would not be SLU like. 

Is @DOC getting onboard the #FireFord train? 

It's truly finished. Fire Ford.

Fire him today. "Hire" a guy like Ahearn or Tatum or Mack who is currently not a college coach. Let them tamper with recruits/transfers. Get a leg up on everyone. 

Or hire Schuertz or Porter. 

Either way there is no reason to wait. If it's really about the student athlete, don't waste the last 6 weeks of the season when you know the current guy can't win. 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Fire him today. "Hire" a guy like Ahearn or Tatum or Mack who is currently not a college coach. Let them tamper with recruits/transfers. Get a leg up on everyone. 

Or hire Schuertz or Porter. 

Either way there is no reason to wait. If it's really about the student athlete, don't waste the last 6 weeks of the season when you know the current guy can't win. 

Porter isn’t leaving OU for SLU.  If he did I would have to question his sanity and intelligence.  There’s no way that is happening.

NextYearBill and JMM28 like this

8 minutes ago, TRN said:

Porter isn’t leaving OU for SLU.  If he did I would have to question his sanity and intelligence.  There’s no way that is happening.

Yeah he's got a good team there, though they've recently his a tough patch. But so has every other B12 team it's a brutal schedule.

Just wishful thinking.

I was just hitting refresh hoping Ford was fired last night.  Really need the AD gone first though.

Question for speculation, does Dr. C show up last night if he wasn't called out on X?

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

It is weird that the team has been this dysfunctional since Dalger left the team. If he was a team cancer, then things should look better. Instead, they look apathetic. Parker looks scared or confused.

They were dysfunctional for a long time - Dalger leaving didn't cause it.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah he's got a good team there, though they've recently his a tough patch. But so has every other B12 team it's a brutal schedule.

Just wishful thinking.

I was just hitting refresh hoping Ford was fired last night.  Really need the AD gone first though.

Question for speculation, does Dr. C show up last night if he wasn't called out on X?

I would bet a big amount that May has already abandoned Ford - he is the type who would throw anybody under the bus to save his own skin.   He probably has already removed Ford's number from his auto dial.  I am sure X didn't have anything to do with getting Chafietz to the game - he knew what was going on - I am sure May has him on the auto dial.

SLU_Lax likes this

People tweeting at Chaifetz didn’t cause him to go to a SLU game.  It’s one of the few home conference weekend games this year, he probably had planned on it regardless of how things were going.  I’m sure he’s not pleased with the product happening in the arena named after him.  

All the alums that were honored at halftime had to wonder what the f*ck is going on with their program, too.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

It is weird that the team has been this dysfunctional since Dalger left the team. If he was a team cancer, then things should look better. Instead, they look apathetic. Parker looks scared or confused.

Dalger was one of our better rebounders and hustled for the loose ball.

How many loose balls is Ezewiro diving for?

Losing Dalger, for his numerous and many faults, has made us worse.

He had 15 pts on 5-7 shooting against St Joe's. We do not win that game either without Tim.

18 hours ago, DOC said:

The sooner they name his successor the better for recruiting. Only one fall recruit signed,…surprising if any of the foreign guys Harry recruited return.

DOC likes this

2 hours ago, TRN said:

Porter wants out of Norman, but I agree it wouldn’t be for SLU. He won’t be at OU much longer 

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Porter wants out of Norman, but I agree it wouldn’t be for SLU. He won’t be at OU much longer 

If he wants out of Norman the logical landing spot is DePaul.  He’s from Chicago, they have a new arena, are in the Big East, and are making a commitment to NIL.

6 minutes ago, TRN said:

If he wants out of Norman the logical landing spot is DePaul.  He’s from Chicago, they have a new arena, are in the Big East, and are making a commitment to NIL.

The fit with OU was always a strange one. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him look at DePaul hard. 

TheChosenOne and TRN like this

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Can't  blame him Norman is hurr-eh-bull. But the Land Thieves can pay for a coach and have some history.  If he falters down the conference season he could jump. Steady yourself, this source says he's paid $2.8mil/year.  I would think DePaul could match that (maybe).  If he wants to go back to Chicago and if he feels some heat/is unhappy in Norman (what sane person wouldn't be). Could be a fit. 

I didn't realize he played at Creighton.

https://stormininnorman.com/2023/02/17/oklahoma-basketball-porter-mosers-status-after-this-season-may-be-his-choice/

3 hours ago, TRN said:

Porter wants out of OU.  You are free not to believe, but people know this.

TheChosenOne likes this

37 minutes ago, TRN said:

The logical landing spot is the place that will pay him the most.