Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

Most other teams that season managed to do it and avoid the super spreaders.

Well that’s not quite right.   Many teams lost players/games/etc for positive tests, symptomatic or otherwise.   I think NC State lost a national championship in baseball because of it.    I promise this isn’t a defense of Travis.   He probably needs to go.   If they fire him tomorrow, I’m fine with it.  As long as we have a freaking plan.  

40 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Uh huh.  Shutting down schools and the economy was great.   I recommend a monthly booster.    It’s good for the heart.  

I hear ya. I'm not advocating for the lock downs. But it was a big deal at SLU. To publicly flaunt the rules of your employer is bad. Bad Decision to break rules + Bad On Court Results = (should) get fired without buy out.

Also we've been told if only they didn't get sick that would've been the year. It was all bad luck.

Ford Scooby.png

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I hear ya. I'm not advocating for the lock downs. But it was a big deal at SLU. To publicly flaunt the rules of your employer is bad. Bad Decision to break rules + Bad On Court Results = (should) get fired without buy out.

Also we've been told if only they didn't get sick that would've been the year. It was all bad luck.

Ford Scooby.png

I don’t necessarily disagree.  I just don’t know that you can legally tie the event to the outbreak and if what happened is as you described, they should have fired him or at least suspended him then.   If they did nothing then, I don’t see them taking action now.  I’m afraid if they want him out, they gotta pay the man.  

3 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

I don’t necessarily disagree.  I just don’t know that you can legally tie the event to the outbreak and if what happened is as you described, they should have fired him or at least suspended him then.   If they did nothing then, I don’t see them taking action now.  I’m afraid if they want him out, they gotta pay the man.  

You're probably right. If they did try to fire for cause these things usually go to a settlement.

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I thought they played well. To me that's different than being happy they played hard. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here 

I was just happy I didn’t want to turn it off at halftime. 
I look forward to these games all week long and it kills me to be an angry mess by Halftime. Being the glutton for punishment I am I can’t bring myself to turn it off.

I want May and Ford gone but I’m going to try and enjoy any small victory I can this year. 

We are officially at rock bottom.

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Ford’s recruiting post-NIL is very comparable to Sodie.  He was a far superior recruiter pre-NIL, which makes you wonder what he was doing to stand out that he can’t do now. 

I believe only the top tier players were getting paid before NiL.   Now they all got their hand out his recruiting line is obsolete 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

LOL if you don't believe Ford was paying players here, I've got a condo in Florida to sell you.

Ive always wanted a condo in Florida

17 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Well that’s not quite right.   Many teams lost players/games/etc for positive tests, symptomatic or otherwise.   I think NC State lost a national championship in baseball because of it.    I promise this isn’t a defense of Travis.   He probably needs to go.   If they fire him tomorrow, I’m fine with it.  As long as we have a freaking plan.  

What I said is absolutely right: "Most other teams that season managed to do it and avoid the super spreaders."

SLU had one of the longest pauses in college basketball, as it ran through most of the team and several players having lingering respiratory effects for quite a while.

You said this earlier "I have a hard time criticizing anyone who tried to get around Covid restrictions "

Well, that's exactly the approach that was taken and it didn't turn out so well. 

Besides, this is not about getting "around restrictions," this should not be some culture warrior BS, this was a health issue. Imagine there were no "restrictions" at the time, most reasonable people (not the lunatic fringe) should have recognized that there were increased chances of getting sick around that time, and to not take reasonable precautions was... well, quite foolish.

SLUMS81 and slufan13 like this

1 hour ago, ACE said:

What I said is absolutely right: "Most other teams that season managed to do it and avoid the super spreaders."

SLU had one of the longest pauses in college basketball, as it ran through most of the team and several players having lingering respiratory effects for quite a while.

You said this earlier "I have a hard time criticizing anyone who tried to get around Covid restrictions "

Well, that's exactly the approach that was taken and it didn't turn out so well. 

Besides, this is not about getting "around restrictions," this should not be some culture warrior BS, this was a health issue. Imagine there were no "restrictions" at the time, most reasonable people (not the lunatic fringe) should have recognized that there were increased chances of getting sick around that time, and to not take reasonable precautions was... well, quite foolish.

Completely disagree.    Teams all over the country dealt with loss of players and cancellation of games.   There was a D1 school near me that cancelled their entire athletic year, all sports.  We probably should have done that to be safe.  

2 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Completely disagree.    Teams all over the country dealt with loss of players and cancellation of games.   There was a D1 school near me that cancelled their entire athletic year, all sports.  We probably should have done that to be safe.  

When you knowingly violate your employers guidelines, you are being insubordinate. That’s the issue.

2 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

When you knowingly violate your employers guidelines, you are being insubordinate. That’s the issue.

Agree but even if not true he's still gotta go.

9 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

You can "disagree" all you want, but it doesn't make it true.  FACT: In D1 hoops, "Most other teams that season managed to do it and avoid the super spreaders."

You don't have to "cancel the season" to be safe, just take some basic precaution. We saw the result of not doing so.

slufan13 likes this

On 12/7/2023 at 7:48 PM, willie said:

I am not sure where you got the Biondi story. Never heard anything like this. Crews was national coach of the year. How do you not hire him? May had no choice. You don’t essentially fire the national coach of the year. 

May had a choice.  He made the wrong one.  You don’t get a pass because you were unwilling to make an unpopular decision with the local media.  That is why you hire an AD in the first place.  There were plenty on here who were not happy with the decision at the time.

cheeseman and TheA_Bomb like this

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Maybe the fact that the head coach knowingly flaunted the rules put in place resulted in other more severe restrictions being placed on the program and that had a direct effect on the season being a failure.  Just saying.

slufan13 and TheA_Bomb like this

16 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

LOL if you don't believe Ford was paying players here, I've got a condo in Florida to sell you.

It’s easy to be a “recruiter” when you’re part of the 15-20% with a bag. Now the bag is legal and everyone has one.