Parker update

The Wiz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dr Bird said:

Contrary to my moniker, I'm not really a Doctor. 

That said, sometimes a broken bone heals faster than a high ankle sprain. 

Best wishes to Sincere on a speedy recovery.

In middle school I broke one ankle, and had a high ankle sprain on the other ( yes at the exact same time).  The high ankle sprain they put in a hard cast, and took WAY longer to heal.  

Dr Bird likes this

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

There's this Jimerson guy still on the team who will likely be guarded by a guy smaller than he is.

After watching yesterday's game, I'll have to look up his cat and see who he is. 

28 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm surprised we haven't had a conspiracy theory post, with the AD hiding something behind a made up injury.

From what I've heard yesterday around 1:20 SLU was told that Parker was actually ineligible, so they decided to have Parker fake an injury to avoid liability and embarrassment for not handling the eligibility correctly.

57 minutes ago, wgstl said:

After watching yesterday's game, I'll have to look up his cat and see who he is. 

Allegedly, a shooter from what I hear.

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

From what I've heard yesterday around 1:20 SLU was told that Parker was actually ineligible, so they decided to have Parker fake an injury to avoid liability and embarrassment for not handling the eligibility correctly.

And there it is! Congratulations to @wgstl for being first to post! Who can top it? 😀

Getting back to Parker, whether still eligible or not, I have Vermont winning by one. With Parker, I have SLU by three so the algorithm indicates that Parker’s presence adds 4 points to a spread.

Just now, billikenbill said:

Getting back to Parker, whether still eligible or not, I have Vermont winning by one. With Parker, I have SLU by three so the algorithm indicates that Parker’s presence adds 4 points to a spread.

Without an update from @The Wiz‘s computer, I’d say that sounds right: no Parker, we are underdogs

2 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Yeap, I get the same vibe with Thames…it’s like he’s on the verge of taking it to another level of which we’ve only seen glimpses…

Agree, he’ll be in beast mode, most likely, sooner rather than later. He just has the look of someone who can dominate.

9 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Agree, he’ll be in beast mode, most likely, sooner rather than later. He just has the look of someone who can dominate.

Thames had a couple of plays yesterday that were brilliant. I think he's likely the alternative to Parker over a guy like Dalger. It will depend on his fitness and cramping issues as much as it will depend on how much Ford will put that kind of trust in him. 

Gremio14 likes this