Parker update

The Wiz

14 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Didn't Jimerson play ten games his freshman year before getting hurt and then the medical redshirt?

Yes. There’s a difference between redshirt and medical redshirt. Parker could apply for a medical redshirt still 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the rare occasions where lack of transparency makes sense.  You can only use a medical redshirt if it's a season ending injury.  It's too early to make that call.  If I were SLU, I wouldn't give any further details about Parker's situation at all until that decision is made.   

We're not good enough to make a run in the A10 tournament without a legitimate big.  Does it even make sense for Parker to return this season if we're a below .500 team by then and our big man situation hasn't improved substantially?

almaman likes this

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is one of the rare occasions where lack of transparency makes sense.  You can only use a medical redshirt if it's a season ending injury.  It's too early to make that call.  If I were SLU, I wouldn't give any further details about Parker's situation at all until that decision is made.   

We're not good enough to make a run in the A10 tournament without a legitimate big.  Does it even make sense for Parker to return this season if we're a below .500 team by then and our big man situation hasn't improved substantially?

I would think a lot of this would depend on what Parker wants. What’s his degree status? What’s his NIL status? Portal? Professional aspirations? Girlfriend? 

19 minutes ago, willie said:

I would think a lot of this would depend on what Parker wants. What’s his degree status? What’s his NIL status? Portal? Professional aspirations? Girlfriend? 

Totally agree.  Particularly considering he has now shown he's an elite scorer.   Hate to think we saved him a year just so Kansas or Illinois could steal him away and get both years

On 11/20/2023 at 4:08 PM, billikenfan05 said:

Likely he would just be taken to the local hospital if it was really necessary. Only reason to rush would be if they thought surgery would be needed to start the recovery. Care for it is as a worst case break, healing starts regardless. 

Old guy, is that you???

16 hours ago, Aquinas said:

It's a mistake to think Parker will sit out several weeks and return at his level of play at the time of injury. We will be lucky if he gets up to full speed by tournament time 

I expect a Perkins like comeback but hope I’m totally wrong. Good opportunity for guys like Thames and Couric. 

personally i think the key to our season is

1. parker coming back as strong as he showed he was offensively pre-injury.

2. we know the limits and ceiling for seniors hargrove and jimerson.  Meadow appears to be a dependable by the book point guard.   Dalger is alot like hargrove.   He is trying hard, but his size will always keep him from being the inside guy that can really take us places.  if I am wrong and all three have another gear that we havent seen that would be a great surprise.    

3. the keys to this team imo is young hughes and young thames.   they are ones on the team that have shown skills and we dont know their ceilings.   they are the real keys to the team that could open up our billiken hopes and dreams again.

4. Unknowns that I really have little if any expectations for but if one or more emerge that would be awesome, medley, bruce and curcic.   also our two in limbo, ezewiro and magassa.

without all of the above, this is going to be a really long season.  and the fact we really have little hope of any of the above surprising us tends to lean towards a really long season.  

CenHudDude likes this