CJ Noland Decommits

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

Amen to that. How Ford has continuously received a pass for the minutes Perkins played against perennial Great Lakes Valley Conference stalwart Rockhurst is mind boggling. Did anyone from the post dispatch question his logic post-game? 
Did anyone in STL learn from Trent Green 1999? 

So what if Okoro or Jimerson or Collins or Pickett had been hurt in the Exhibition?  I think what you are suggesting is that exhibitions should not be played. Don’t agree. 

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

So what if Okoro or Jimerson or Collins or Pickett had been hurt in the Exhibition?  I think what you are suggesting is that exhibitions should not be played. Don’t agree. 

That could have happened too, and I would have been just as frustrated. It didn’t happen to them, though. It happened to a guy who could cut, slash, take a guy off the dribble and had a solid perimeter game. You took away an average of 17 PPG and 32 points against a team from the Southeastern Conference. That talent was taken away from us by sheer player mismanagement. I appreciate your take and when any starter goes down in an exhibition, it would be a lot of moaning and groaning, but somehow Ford has been getting a pass on this. 

14 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

It could just as easily happen in practice or an early regular season game…or just wile goofing off….plastic bubble?

It could have, but the game didn’t mean anything. We were cruising and Ford could have given some guys who haven’t seen the court an opportunity. Again, this wasn’t the VCU game. I get what you are saying, but it was an exhibition game. 

1 hour ago, thatskablamo said:

That could have happened too, and I would have been just as frustrated. It didn’t happen to them, though. It happened to a guy who could cut, slash, take a guy off the dribble and had a solid perimeter game. You took away an average of 17 PPG and 32 points against a team from the Southeastern Conference. That talent was taken away from us by sheer player mismanagement. I appreciate your take and when any starter goes down in an exhibition, it would be a lot of moaning and groaning, but somehow Ford has been getting a pass on this. 

You can disagree with Travis on many things, but he should get a pass on this.  You are Monday morning quarterbacking in the worst way to blame what could be a career destroying injury on Travis.

2 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

This isn’t the NFL. Even in the NBA, starters can get 30 mins of run during exhibitions. You are super off-base here 

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It was only a matter of time before billikenmetz got back to his old ways. Somebody link the deadspin article..

Why, because he has a dumb opinion on playing Perkins late in an exhibition game? Jesus, let it go. Metz did something extremely stupid a decade ago.  I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was younger.  You did the same.  I don’t think either of us want people threatening to bring those thing up every time someone disagrees with us. 

You don’t have to like the guy.  I don’t blame anyone that doesn’t want to like him.  That said don’t be a complete jerk and display a little self awareness.

SLU_Lax and billiken_roy like this

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Why, because he has a dumb opinion on playing Perkins late in an exhibition game? Jesus, let it go. Metz did something extremely stupid a decade ago.  I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was younger.  You did the same.  I don’t think either of us want people threatening to bring those thing up every time someone disagrees with us. 

You don’t have to like the guy.  I don’t blame anyone that doesn’t want to like him.  That said don’t be a complete jerk and display a little self awareness.

Comparing any of my stupid sh!t to his is a wild comparison. You could have probably stopped at, let it go and made a good point.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, thatskablamo said:

A game Javonte Perkins didn’t need to be playing in with 4:44 left in the first half. I’m sorry, but that is indefensible. If he’s not in shape that’s on Ford as well. He doesn’t need an exhibition game to get his legs under him. If Perkins goes down at the jump ball in a game against Dayton, ok, that’s different. You can’t lose a guy like him in an exhibition game. That’s why you’ve got a 12 man roster. 

Sorry, that's just not the way it works.  Every college basketball team plays their stars in the exhibition games to get them ready for the season.  That's the purpose of those games.  We don't need to get the bench players ready for the season, we need to get the starters ready for the season.  If college teams should sit their starters in exhibition games, then why have them.

Adman likes this

23 minutes ago, almaman said:

24:44 till end of regulation is late in the game? Practice, exhibition games etc always a chance of injury.

Don’t you think practice should be outlawed?  Players could get hurt in practice. Wrap them in bubble wrap between games and don’t let them go out of the gym. Thames got hurt outside of basketball.  Shame on Ford for that one too. 

On 6/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, HoosierPal said:

Don’t you think practice should be outlawed?  Players could get hurt in practice. Wrap them in bubble wrap between games and don’t let them go out of the gym. Thames got hurt outside of basketball.  Shame on Ford for that one too. 

then tether them. solve poaching in one fell swoop