GDT: @ Iona

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Coach Ford is good recruiter inconsistent results no post season wins.

I'm tired of it.   I don't have a good candidate.  Unless Moser under achieves at OU for 2 more seasons at OU and is looking for a job.

Schasz likes this

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

This is what Coach Ford is good recruiter inconsistent results no post season wins.

I'm tired of it.   I don't have a good candidate.  Unless Moser under achieves at OU for 2 more seasons at OU and is looking for a job.

yeah.  The consistent-inconsistency ain’t it.  Let’s get some new, vibrant energy in this program.  It’s here for the taking, for a coach wanting to take a program to the level everyone knows it can be.

Just now, laker119 said:

yeah.  The consistent-inconsistency ain’t it.  Let’s get some new, vibrant energy in this program.  It’s here for the taking, for a coach wanted to take a program to the level everyone knows it can be.

Can everyone call in their Catholic points for a resurrection of Rick Majerus?

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Thankfully you aren't the athletic director. Penultimate MBM(emphasis on the last M) post.

?? I'm one of the biggest Ford supporters on this board? If you watched this and think everything is fine I think you are crazy. This is supposed to be the year. However long Ford has been here has been building up to this year.... If we lose by 5 in a close game that's fine. You were just handled by Iona by 20+? It's embarrassing being a SLU fan after this. I was at the Maryland game as well. Had to rush back and take off my SLU gear but that one was understandable. This is flat out embarrassing. It's okay to be honest.

They lost to a team ranked 106 and 132, stop it, we suck away from home. This was an embarrassment, and for a team with expectations we had, completely inexcusable. At this point in time, we are an nit until proven otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

another point, I honestly don’t trust Chris May to make a good hire if Ford was let go.  He’s only hit on 2 soccer coaches, and Kalish was probably the biggest slam-dunk, easiest hiring decision you could have.  

Was Hendrickson a May hire?

5 minutes ago, laker119 said:

another point, I honestly don’t trust Chris May to make a good hire if Ford was let go.  He’s only hit on 2 soccer coaches, and Kalish was probably the biggest slam-dunk, easiest hiring decision you could have.  

Fire him too. What has done during his tenure ?

The bad news is this team is lacking talent. This is the Billikens worst front court since the Agbeko/Neufield team.

The good news is the conference is weak and winnable.

The bad news is we are back in Brooklyn for the tourney.

We will see if talent emerges throughout the season. Right now I am not seeing it. Thatch is a great hustle guy but we have been sorely missing French and JGood as leaders. They were our vanguard so no one would push the weaker guys around.

Just now, BigMouthBilliken said:

Also waiting for Perkins return…

I don't think so. He's not gonna be the same as two years ago. He should be able to shoot against unathletic competition we would beat without him anyway.

3 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Was Hendrickson a May hire?

Not 100% sure, my guess is no.  Looks like May was hired Jan. 2008, and Hendrickson’s first season at SLU was 2008.  That would seem to be a quick turnaround to hire a baseball coach for a spring season.

If Ford gets axed, which I doubt will happen, the player turnover would be brutal and we’d be subjecting ourselves to a couple years of bad basketball…that said we’re not going to be all that good next year anyway.  I’d be fine with that if I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a good coach but I’m not convinced that’s the case as I don’t have confidence in May.