2020 - 2021 SLU on the Radio / TV

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

The first two positives came back from tests taken on Dec 28.  With the incubation period being, somewhere between 2 and 5 days, that puts a possible infection window between Dec 26 and Dec 23.  The KC game was on the 23rd.  Did the game, or the admittance of fans, have any impact?

I have thought the same thing.  The research shows that the incubation period can be 2-14 days, but the most like scenario is that you get exposed 4-7 days prior to symptoms showing up or a positive test.  This puts the exposure that started all this smack dab around the KC game where all the families were allowed to attend.  I doubt it was the families being in Chaifetz, but rather the players being exposed to their families before and after the game.  The families may not have been following the strict protocols that the team was adhering to.

This is not a criticism of any decision to allow the players to see their families.  I don't think that anyone thought of that as a bad idea at the time.  However, looking back.....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach was on the Press Box yesterday.  Just a few new items.  The last practice was Dec 29.  So if next practice is Jan 22, that's a lonnnnnnng time.  Coach described his symptoms, which were fairly severe.

Coach added that a couple of managers also were positive.  So 80% of the players, at least 2 coaches and 2 managers were positive.

Coach talked about the guidelines, which he said are the strictest ones he knows of, which he also said is probably a good thing.  Other programs have allowed negatives to leave quarantine and work out.

Looks like Dayton and then at Richmond.  Tough comeback tour.

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

i'm hoping that the fact the team has had time to heal from bumps, bruises, aches and pains for the nearly one month sit out helps offset some of the rust.   trying to be positive.   

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Looks like Dayton and then at Richmond.  Tough comeback tour.

I'm not sure that Richmond game 1/29 is happening as scheduled.  Spiders are currently on COVID pause themselves.  I'm sure A10 will reschedule SLU will a different opponent if that's the case.  GW is also on pause and they are scheduled to host  Fordham 1/30 so easiest schedule change is SLU hosts Fordham either 1/29 or 1/30 instead of playing at Richmond.  That would be an awful game for SLU's SOS so hopefully A10 does some additional shuffling to get SLU a better opponent if they can't play Richmond.

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm not sure that Richmond game 1/29 is happening as scheduled.  Spiders are currently on COVID pause themselves.  I'm sure A10 will reschedule SLU will a different opponent if that's the case.  GW is also on pause and they are scheduled to host  Fordham 1/30 so easiest schedule change is SLU hosts Fordham either 1/29 or 1/30 instead of playing at Richmond.  That would be an awful game for SLU's SOS so hopefully A10 does some additional shuffling to get SLU a better opponent if they can't play Richmond.

Yeah, you could be right.  I'm glad I'm not the A10 scheduler.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i'm hoping that the fact the team has had time to heal from bumps, bruises, aches and pains for the nearly one month sit out helps offset some of the rust.   trying to be positive.   

Hoping that Jimmy Bell Jr's foot has healed fully and he can come out swinging

26 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

even if his foot is, hes likely to be very out of shape, and the hardest to get back into shape. 

53 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Watching his work ethic since arriving at SLU makes you really want Jimmy to succeed. The problem this year and perhaps next year is that there won't be enough playing time for him. Coach likes playing with one big a lot of the time and maybe that changes next year, but Linsen has been very good and French is French and Okafor in waiting makes minutes in the post hard to come by.

23 minutes ago, DOC said:

Watching his work ethic since arriving at SLU makes you really want Jimmy to succeed. The problem this year and perhaps next year is that there won't be enough playing time for him. Coach likes playing with one big a lot of the time and maybe that changes next year, but Linssen has been very good and French is French and Okoro in waiting makes minutes in the post hard to come by.

Well, we'll see about that last part.  I predict Jimmy Bell will be a key part of the team this season.

21 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Well, we'll see about that last part.  I predict Jimmy Bell will be a key part of the team this season.

Depends on your definition of "key part."  He's not going to be getting as many minutes as French or Linssen.  As DOC pointed out, Ford often likes to play with just one big.  I think Bell will contribute as our third big.  His contribution will be important.  However, I don't know that I believe that what he will give this year will be considered "a key part of the team."

47 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I have to believe Bell was gimpy to start the season.  I don't think Linssen was far ahead of last season Jimmy Bell.  We're going to need some beef to go far in the tournament. 

Disagree. No slight on Bell. I just think Linssen is one of the better bigs in the whole league. Who’s better? Osun at Bona, Mitchell at UMass, golden at Rich and Hughes at Duq. Anyone else? Honestly. Bell a great reserve and has potential but not there yet