Jump to content

SLU Women Stop Activities Due to Covid


Recommended Posts

  • HoosierPal changed the title to SLU Women Stop Activities Due to Covid
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet at some point someone in the basketball program will test positive. How they isolate and contain the virus is what counts. Having a deep roster may become extremely important. School is out in about 2 weeks. Players will have a type of a bubble. Even if you stay safe life will not be easy for these players. What can players do for 2 months?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 9:33 PM, willie said:

I would bet at some point someone in the basketball program will test positive. How they isolate and contain the virus is what counts. Having a deep roster may become extremely important. School is out in about 2 weeks. Players will have a type of a bubble. Even if you stay safe life will not be easy for these players. What can players do for 2 months?

Ah, Win basketball games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I hope Stu asked AD May is the person associated with the women's team sick? showing symptoms? and we get that update very soon

That is all private information, unless the affected party gives permission to publish this information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That is all private information, unless the affected party gives permission to publish this information.

-I'm not asking for their name, just if they are sick or sick to what extent. I'm not up on HIPPA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I thought quarantine dropped from 14 to 10

It can even be 7 days if you test negative. The language on the CDC website says it is up to local jurisdictions on whether it is the 7/10 or 14 day guidance. The county still is stuck on 14, but I'm not sure about the city.

The 14 day thing is overkill. Colleges should definitely be moving to 7 days for teams that can test out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Ncaa rules may be slower to change

-don't we know someone on an NCAA Rules Committee? might not be the correct committee 

-and I hate this second shutdown for the Ladies

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, how is the NCAA possibly going to have a tournament at the end of the year if ~15% (about 85% of teams are currently active) of the teams that would otherwise be eligible aren't going to be allowed to play if a single person in their travelling party tests positive? If the tourney is in the final 4 week and one of the assistant coaches tests positive, that team is going to be disqualified from playing in the Final 4 game?

They have got to come up with a better process than forcing a quarantine on an entire team for one positive result and instead let teams test out of it, more akin to what the NFL is doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

In all seriousness, how is the NCAA possibly going to have a tournament at the end of the year if ~15% (about 85% of teams are currently active) of the teams that would otherwise be eligible aren't going to be allowed to play if a single person in their travelling party tests positive? If the tourney is in the final 4 week and one of the assistant coaches tests positive, that team is going to be disqualified from playing in the Final 4 game?

They have got to come up with a better process than forcing a quarantine on an entire team for one positive result and instead let teams test out of it, more akin to what the NFL is doing.

They’re going to put all the teams in a bubble. NBA proved that works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DOC said:

They’re going to put all the teams in a bubble. NBA proved that works. 

They are going to put all the teams in one city, not a bubble.

I don't think they are planning on the near perfect bubble that the NBA did where teams go in, sit in quarantine for 2 weeks before doing anything and only then start to practice and play. The NBA struggled to find space to do that for ~20 teams and did it at incredible cost in Orlando. The NCAA needs space for 68 teams. I'm sure precautions will be taken once they all arrive in Indy but it is inevitable that someone in the ~1,700 or so people involved (25 per team x 68 teams) is going to test positive as they are going to have much looser guidelines than the NBA did at Disney World.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kshoe said:

In all seriousness, how is the NCAA possibly going to have a tournament at the end of the year if ~15% (about 85% of teams are currently active) of the teams that would otherwise be eligible aren't going to be allowed to play if a single person in their travelling party tests positive? If the tourney is in the final 4 week and one of the assistant coaches tests positive, that team is going to be disqualified from playing in the Final 4 game?

They have got to come up with a better process than forcing a quarantine on an entire team for one positive result and instead let teams test out of it, more akin to what the NFL is doing.

I'd expect the quarantine guidelines to be relaxed by then.  We'll be 3 months into the vaccination stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaccination is the only answer.  And I read where 39% of Americans will refuse to take it.  The first round of vaccines is likely starting this week or next. I suspect ample progress will be made by the time March/May rolls around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...