Jump to content

Recruiting - 2023


Pistol
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody in the St. Louis will want to check out Vashon this tear. They have 4 juniors (2023) who I believe have a chance or will be Division 1 players.

6'6 Kennard Davis, 6'7 Jordan Logan, 6'5 Cam Stovall, 6'4 Jayden Nicholson.

Logan is somewhat of an unknown but will breakout in his first year of varsity basketball. He's a great rebounder, expanding skillset as a 4 man, and has good athletic traits. Younger brother of Davion Bradford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 5:49 PM, seanwest said:

Anybody in the St. Louis will want to check out Vashon this tear. They have 4 juniors (2023) who I believe have a chance or will be Division 1 players.

6'6 Kennard Davis, 6'7 Jordan Logan, 6'5 Cam Stovall, 6'4 Jayden Nicholson.

Logan is somewhat of an unknown but will breakout in his first year of varsity basketball. He's a great rebounder, expanding skillset as a 4 man, and has good athletic traits. Younger brother of Davion Bradford. 

Watched all 4 of these guys at Ramey league.

Davis is a shooter, not much else.  Lacks guard skills, plays more like a big man.  Low D-1 recruit.  Logan is a sleeper as an undersized 5.  Stovall is a poor mans Stacker or Thames, do it all long wing player.  Nicholson has the most talent by far.  Hopefully he breaks out this year.  As a freshman he was one of the top players in the nation.  Puzzles me why he decided to go play for a team that probably won't feature him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vice's dad is the offensive line coach at Virginia Tech. He was at Blacksburg as a freshman and transferred to Houston HS in Germantown, Tennessee for his sophomore year - I think Stu has it backwards. SLU has been recruiting him for a while and went down to see him last month when coaches could start going out to visit players at their schools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Vice's dad is the offensive line coach at Virginia Tech. He was at Blacksburg as a freshman and transferred to Houston HS in Germantown, Tennessee for his sophomore year - I think Stu has it backwards. SLU has been recruiting him for a while and went down to see him last month when coaches could start going out to visit players at their schools.

Ford must know him or of him from his OK St days.

Brock Vice's dad, Vance Vice, an even more bad ass name, played with OK St coach Mike Gundy.  

Vance Vice's O line at Va Tech is known as the Vice Squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

What am I missing with this guy? Only 3 D1 offers and the other 2 are barely D1. A 6’10 PF don’t grow on trees. Project?

It's fairly common for bigs with limited exposure to be lightly recruited going into their junior season.  Connor Turnbull didn't have any offers at the same stage but received multiple high major offers a year later.  It's a judgement call.  If your connections alert you to a skilled 6'10 kid and you're impressed when you see him in person, should you wait to offer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

What am I missing with this guy? Only 3 D1 offers and the other 2 are barely D1. A 6’10 PF don’t grow on trees. Project?

 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's fairly common for bigs with limited exposure to be lightly recruited going into their junior season.  Connor Turnbull didn't have any offers at the same stage but received multiple high major offers a year later.  It's a judgement call.  If your connections alert you to a skilled 6'10 kid and you're impressed when you see him in person, should you wait to offer?

He also moved states and hasn't played a ton of AAU ball yet. And given that his dad is an assistant coach at a big-time football program, schools might also be wondering if he's going to play football. He played as a freshman and sophomore but I haven't seen whether he's playing this fall.

(I'm waaay behind on recruiting stuff due to an unprecedented busy streak for my team at work and hope to be out of it soon, at which point I'll be bombarding this board and twitter and the podcast with recruiting news. I promise.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

What exactly is it. I don’t remember many players tweeting pics like that. Did he just visit?

He also posted these pics from Xavier. Thought it was telling that he limited the SLU tweet to such few characters, but then there was the second SLU tweet that eliminated that thought. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...