Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

1 hour ago, BLIKNS said:

Saw Stu tweeted we have offered Brock Vice .. I am interested and intrigued by him..

Have no idea how good he is or will be,but he belongs in the cool name category,  same level with Roman Gabriel, Jack Del Rio and Joe Montana

Oooooh.

It has a Brock Landers/Chest Rockwell-kinda vibe to it.  I approve.

Stamp of approval Pictures, Stamp of approval Stock Photos & Images |  Depositphotos®

brianstl likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

PG Fred Payne, yet another Texas recruit we've been following for some time, thinks we're close to offering.  Payne is a 6-2 scoring point guard, who is a threat from all three levels.

https://www.on3.com/news/23-fred-payne-gets-acc-offer-talks-visit-and-other-schools/

-from the article - “I want to play in a fast offense,” Payne said. “A program that allows their guards to make decisions and play through mistakes. That is it, really - does that sound like us?

6 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-from the article - “I want to play in a fast offense,” Payne said. “A program that allows their guards to make decisions and play through mistakes. That is it, really - does that sound like us?

If he changes his name to Yuri Collins!

For those of you who are tied in or follow it closely (folks like @seanwest @3star_recruit @Coach314 @Pistol), do you have an idea who will be playing for the various regional AAU programs this spring/summer? I saw a couple of posts on the trio playing with the Jets and a kid playing for Michael Porter Jr. Elite, so that hit some of them. Thanks for a lot of good info in this thread, I will hang up and listen.

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those of you who are tied in or follow it closely (folks like @seanwest @3star_recruit @Coach314 @Pistol), do you have an idea who will be playing for the various regional AAU programs this spring/summer? I saw a couple of posts on the trio playing with the Jets and a kid playing for Michael Porter Jr. Elite, so that hit some of them. Thanks for a lot of good info in this thread, I will hang up and listen.

I'm behind yet again, but am hoping to do a big recruiting refresh soon. That will include where guys are saying they'll play AAU.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I'm behind yet again, but am hoping to do a big recruiting refresh soon. That will include where guys are saying they'll play AAU.

Thank you Pistol.

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Don’t sweat being behind.  The time and research you put into everything is greatly appreciated.  When I lurk on opponents boards message boards I realize how fortunate we are here.  There is a lot of content on here about the team that most message boards don’t get about their team.  Thanks for all you do.

CBFan, slufanskip, Zink and 2 others like this

• 4 weeks later...

Onyekachi (Kachi) Nzeh - PF, 6-8, 210 - Upper Darby, PA (George School) - AAU: NY Renaissance (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @KachiNzeh
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, La Salle, Creighton, Seton Hall, Miami, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, TCU, Temple, Siena, Hofstra, New Mexico State, Bryant.

Interest: Loyola-Chicago, St. Joseph's, Connecticut, Xavier, Butler, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Notre Dame, Boston College, Minnesota, Michigan, Oklahoma, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Stanford, Boise State, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Rice, Ball State, Robert Morris, Louisiana-Monroe, Towson, William & Mary, Iona, Saint Peter's, NJIT, UNC-Asheville.

Latest News: Nzeh received an offer from SLU. (3/31/22)

Scouting Report: Nzeh is a hardworking, athletic frontcourt player with an imposing physical presence. He's tough to establish position against and has great hands and touch around the rim. He has a steady mid-range jumper and is working on extending his range out to the perimeter. He has good bounce and length (7-3 wingspan) and moves well laterally, giving him the ability to defend multiple positions. He transferred from Upper Darby HS to the George School after his sophomore year.

Yes, I leaned heavily on the City of Basketball Love synopsis for the initial scouting report. I generally start by grabbing lines from a few different places and forming something short and coherent. Then I'll watch some video and add some other details about the player that I find. These bios constantly evolve and the first one is usually a pretty rough draft just so people have something quickly available when a new offer goes out.

Added some names to the 2023 interest list:

Chris Loofe - 6-11 center taking a postgrad year at Link Year Prep after finishing at Leander HS (TX) and reclassifying.

Cole Gingeleski - Another 6-11 kid, he's from Alonso HS in Tampa. Late bloomer.

Wesley Tubbs, III - Top-10 2023 recruit from NC, he's a super athletic wing and the highest profile name on this short list.

Ashton Williamson - Explosive scoring guard from Gary. No offers yet but a lot of high-level interest.

Darrion Sutton - Intriguing player from the STL metro - he's homeschooled and plays for Gateway City Elite, a program for homeschooled kids, and Southern Illinois Select AAU. He's up to about 6-9 and plays the wing. Long, lean, and raw but definitely worth monitoring.

CBFan and BuiltFordBills like this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Bizjack in action last night

I really want Bizjack to sign with team blue.

On 4/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, Pistol said:

Added some names to the 2023 interest list:

Chris Loofe - 6-11 center taking a postgrad year at Link Year Prep after finishing at Leander HS (TX) and reclassifying.

Cole Gingeleski - Another 6-11 kid, he's from Alonso HS in Tampa. Late bloomer.

Wesley Tubbs, III - Top-10 2023 recruit from NC, he's a super athletic wing and the highest profile name on this short list.

Ashton Williamson - Explosive scoring guard from Gary. No offers yet but a lot of high-level interest.

Darrion Sutton - Intriguing player from the STL metro - he's homeschooled and plays for Gateway City Elite, a program for homeschooled kids, and Southern Illinois Select AAU. He's up to about 6-9 and plays the wing. Long, lean, and raw but definitely worth monitoring.

Chris was playing with me at MPJ Elite. However, he hasn't been a resident of Missouri for a year so he had to go back to Texas. He's an elite shooter at 6'11, unique player. I think he ends up MM to MM+.

Darrion Sutton is with We All Can Go on the Adidas Circuit. He's got a long ways to go but is 6'9 with a good handle. If he gets the right development, he's got a chance to be LM to MM.

Pistol likes this