GDT IN JERSEY

Littlebill

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikens747 said:

I'm still pissed about the blatant elbow French got in the face and the subsequent flagrant call.

That made no sense.   The replay plainly showed French taking the blow across the face.   The refs come out if the review and call flagrant on French?

1 minute ago, billikens747 said:

I'm still pissed about the blatant elbow French got in the face and the subsequent flagrant call.

That was baffling. I thought there might be offsetting fouls, with French getting a holding call and the other guy getting a flagrant 1. But nope, all on French, apparently.

And then Gordon basically taking a hockey check at half court.

I know there were bad calls all night, but these were some pretty severe hits that went uncalled.

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

Gordon only credited with 3 blocks. Seems way off. We win next 2 I predict some points in the polls. Next 3 top 25. Saturday cool aide always the sweetest.

That does seem short. The box score also has Thatch with 1, and I swear he had 2.

20 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I feel really bad for French. I know he wants to contribute more but he just keeps getting targeted 

Now that Gordon has arrived, I think French will start seeing more room to operate. However, regardless of his offensive output, French is a major factor when he's on the court due to his presence. He wears the opposing bigs down.

Another thing that stood out to me tonight was Isabell. I was critical of him after last game, but he seemed like a great teammate tonight. Though JGood had a bad game, there were a few plays were you could see them find a bit of chemistry. Once we get them fully on the same page, then we will be very efficient on offense.

1 minute ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Now that Gordon has arrived, I think French will start seeing more room to operate. However, regardless of his offensive output, French is a major factor when he's on the court due to his presence. He wears the opposing bigs down.

Another thing that stood out to me tonight was Isabell. I was critical of him after last game, but he seemed like a great teammate tonight. Though JGood had a bad game, there were a few plays were you could see them find a bit of chemistry. Once we get them fully on the same page, then we will be very efficient on offense.

For what it’s worth they did not double CAG for the most part. Earlier in the season French was being doubled anytime he caught the ball. Can’t double both. I like our chances. 

So that was followed by this:

Which was followed by this in the lineup:

8 minutes ago, philliken said:

did this work?  (I’m a non-techie Guy.)

And taken together, it sure looks like Powell's body check on Gordon at halfcourt was in retaliation for him talking smack after blocking his shot. It was a frustrating night for Powell and he couldn't say anything to Bess or Thatch, who ate his lunch, so he went after a guy he already hit with a cheapshot.

Talking a little trash after blocking a dude's shot is just plain old fashioned gamesmanship.

Talking trash in the handshake line is bush league.

1 minute ago, willie said:

For what it’s worth they did not double CAG for the most part. Earlier in the season French was being doubled anytime he caught the ball. Can’t double both. I like our chances. 

We have too many threats for any player to be double teamed. Teams should hopefully learn that and French will open up 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So that was followed by this:

Which was followed by this in the lineup:

And taken together, it sure looks like Powell's body check on Gordon at halfcourt was in retaliation for him talking smack after blocking his shot. It was a frustrating night for Powell and he couldn't say anything to Bess or Thatch, who ate his lunch, so he went after a guy he already hit with a cheapshot.

Talking a little trash after blocking a dude's shot is just plain old fashioned gamesmanship.

Talking trash in the handshake line is bush league.

Thank you for showing the video clips for what I tried to explain. I’m on the road on my phone so I couldn’t post them. Spot on