SLU Has Best Fundraising Year in History

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering the show put on my pesty, stormy, krafty and the BoT, this is actually alarming.   or does it say that the majority of slu benefactors dont have a clue what is going on with the billiken basketball and athletic department, which goes miles towards my statement of why the BoT wont give the athletic department the funds to do improvements and upgrades for the overall department.   

pesty, stormy, krafty and the BoT did a horrible job last year with the whole fiasco of cheerleadergate.   and for that they are rewarded with their greatest fund raising year in history?   like i said, that isnt right.   that is permission for business as usual.  

drkelsey55, AGB91, CBFan and 1 other like this

I don't want to re-hash Sit 2 here, but a few scenarios that could help explain the fundraising.

1. Majority of the SLU donors don't care about the basketball team all that much and weren't even following Sit 2. This is supported by the newslink article quote stating that most of the donations went straight to academic programs, scholarships, etc.
  2. SLU donors supported the university's handling of Sit 2, and Sit 2 didn't negatively affect their desire to donate.
  3. Or, the fundraising isn't all that impressive outside of Chaifetz's $27 million, and nothing really has changed whatsoever in terms of donors. Just a higher blip in the normal noise of donations.

regardless got to hand it to the BoT.  they have obviously done a wonderful job of ignoring and deflecting and distracting the donor base from the work of pesty, stormy and krafty last year.  

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

considering the show put on my pesty, stormy, krafty and the BoT, this is actually alarming.   or does it say that the majority of slu benefactors dont have a clue what is going on with the billiken basketball and athletic department, which goes miles towards my statement of why the BoT wont give the athletic department the funds to do improvements and upgrades for the overall department.   

pesty, stormy, krafty and the BoT did a horrible job last year with the whole fiasco of cheerleadergate.   and for that they are rewarded with their greatest fund raising year in history?   like i said, that isnt right.   that is permission for business as usual.  

BoT?

18 minutes ago, almaman said:

Oh. Just giving u grief on your initial thing  :) bored, less than 3 months. Can’t wait

Initials and abbreviations and acronyms are not the same.   Besides BoT goes better with the nicknames of the 3 amigos

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I kinda thought people would be happy about this.

Happy for the university I love, but Pestello continues to be a disappointment in my eyes. A poor leader, benefiting from the success SLU is seeing in spite of his leadership, not due to it. The Jim Crews of university presidents. Time will tell, and basketball can’t come soon enough. A good SLU basketball team will be good for STL. It may be the right time in history for SLU to finally turn the corner many of us have been waiting for, and if that means putting up with Pestello, then I guess so be it. Doesn’t mean I’ve changed my opinion of him or forgotten how things were handled. 

1 hour ago, GBL_Bills said:

BoT is an acronym if Roy pronounces it “bot” while he’s typing it. It would be an initialism if he pronounces it “Be Oh Tee.” Either way, it’s clearly not showing the board the respect they deserve 

The fact our BoT handled S2 as they did they deserve zero respect

FTN is an acronym used in the Army to refer to the Navy. The Navy has a similar acronym that ends in A and is used to refer to the Army. A common acronym used in the Naval Academy  is BOHICA it stands for "Bend Over Here It Comes Again." Some Admiral is said to have named a USN seagoing tugboat the USS BOHICA. Acronyms are fun. For those of you who work at an office you know that "YCDBSOYA." 

Spoon-Balls likes this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

FTN is an acronym used in the Army to refer to the Navy. The Navy has a similar acronym that ends in A and is used to refer to the Army. A common acronym used in the Naval Academy  is BOHICA it stands for "Bend Over Here It Comes Again." Some Admiral is said to have named a USN seagoing tugboat the USS BOHICA. Acronyms are fun. For those of you who work at an office you know that "YCDBSOYA." 

Technically, other than BOHICA, none of the sets of initials you used in your post is an acronym.