BBQ Discussion (formerly Welcome to SLU KC Hankton!)

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

It’s funny you say that, I was just telling the wife how I was craving a fountain soda but just didn’t feel right stopping at a gas station and I never do that. It’s one of those things I really want because I know I can’t have it.

I do a lot of fruit infused waters. I think they are great. Super refreshing and just enough flavor to stop the boredom.

I have a pitcher of strawberry/lime right now. I also use lemons, raspberries, blackberries, oranges, and grapefruits. 

is this home made or a product pray tell

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

cool so you get about 3 pints maybe more?

I think it’s 80 ounces. I finish the first batch then fill it again. Each time you refill it it gets a little weaker but they say you can keep the same fruit in there for 7-10 days.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Best Burger in town is in my neighborhood, F&B's eatery.  Hole in the wall, 1 guy making the food, crazy hours.  I thought Mac made the best burgers until I went to F&Bs.

Is that on Hampton just north of Chippewa? I used to live right by there, definitely miss that neighborhood.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Is that on Hampton just north of Chippewa? I used to live right by there, definitely miss that neighborhood.

Yes across from the south end of Tilles park.

7 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I’ve heard a lot about Olive + Oak burgers, but haven’t made it there yet. If I’m not mistaken, they don’t open til 4 and I work nights. I’ll have to make it a priority. I love a great burger.

I believe that Olive and Oak tried take out orders for a while and gave them up. They are currently closed until they can reopen.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

I believe that Olive and Oak tried take out orders for a while and gave them up. They are currently closed until they can reopen.

Yep 

6 hours ago, almaman said:

They can concentrate on t finishing the new place

And take their time. They were supposed to launch late March early April, but it seemed like it was going to be a rush to do so. 

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

Pappy's tried carry out to keep his people working but John could not even cover his day meat costs so he closed down.

I think for carry out only to work it has to have the ability to order online versus call in.

15 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I currently live close to Dalie’s. I believe they’re under the Pappy’s umbrella. Dalie’s is very good.

Yes it is owned by the same person along with Bogart's and Southern.

14 hours ago, dlarry said:

Home made.8159tG9s7uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is the pitcher I have. Just cut up fruit put it in the thing in the middle and let it sit over night.

This is really cool @dlarry. I’m gonna have to get one. Thanks for showing it to me!

Just now, Reinert310 said:

This is really cool @dlarry. I’m gonna have to get one. Thanks for showing it to me!

Do you know what it’s called? Should I just google “fruit water pitcher”?