GDT GW Colonials vs Billikens

CBFan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Hughes was sitting somewhere behind me surrounded by a large number of kids and their parents, some other coaches brought in kids from their teams as well. There was a photographer with a heavy duty professional camera taking pictures of Larry and the kids. Larry is one very nice guy that really supports SLU and does lots of good work in the community.

A fine win. Ford must be doing it with mirrors.

Two other thoughts. The scoreboard is once again showing 00 for a player wearing just a single 0. I guess the check bounced on the software upgrade.

And I noticed Ford in the second half several times realizing he was on the floor and quickly jumping back over the line. I wonder if he was given a warning. He does seem to walk out on the floor more than most coaches.

A great day at Chaifetz. I saw both wins. Really enjoyed the women's team sending a loud contingent of Dayton fans home disappointed. I'm sure they thought they were gonna run the table. (I didn't see a single sweater vest. Have they gone out of style?)

42 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

A fine win. Ford must be doing it with mirrors.

Two other thoughts. The scoreboard is once again showing 00 for a player wearing just a single 0. I guess the check bounced on the software upgrade.

And I noticed Ford in the second half several times realizing he was on the floor and quickly jumping back over the line. I wonder if he was given a warning. He does seem to walk out on the floor more than most coaches.

A great day at Chaifetz. I saw both wins. Really enjoyed the women's team sending a loud contingent of Dayton fans home disappointed. I'm sure they thought they were gonna run the table. (I didn't see a single sweater vest. Have they gone out of style?)

He did get warned by the refs tonight.

9 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Rewatching the game, Jacobs mom was going crazy.

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing what you are saying.  Yes they clapped when some good things happened in the  first half, but based on your comment I watched them all second half, when the Bills offense was on their end of the court and all I saw was his Mom using a cell phone to video the game.  On a couple of occasions she did a one-hand clap against her leg, but there is no way I would describe her as going crazy as you and "little roy" have posted. 

I just didn't want the Board to be misled about the Jacobs family's reactions.  That doesn't mean that they weren't positive.  They were, just not over the top.  I hope we get him.  He certainly should be aware of how much playing time he will get here as opposed to at ILL.  In addition, he can be sold on the 2018-19 Billikens as a NCAA team while ILL seems to be a long way away from that.  Put a Guard, or two, like him on next years' roster and it is hard to not see us as the top team in the A-10.

Why GW went away from throwing double teams on French in the second half is the $64,000 question. As noted on the broadcast Toro couldn't stay with him and neither could Steeves.  As I said in the other thread, GW may have been the "hot"  team but you have to look at who they played.  How that team busted the century mark against 100 against Richmond I'll never know.  The Duquesne game is now huge.

No matter how you cut it, this last week is not trending to be kind to us.  We have fourth place by one game over VCU but VCU host Mason before going to Fordham.  That has got to be two wins.  Mason then host the sinking Richmond team so they likely split to finish 9 and 9.  A win over Duquesne would practically guarantee us no worse than fifth.  The Joeys should lose at Rhode Island.  Dayton needs to lose at La Salle to take them out of our competition scheme.

14 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

Love it - the band just played the theme from The Magnificent Seven. I wonder how many people knew.

In world of uninteresting posts, I just saw a tweet that has a video of the band playing this, but I cannot find it again.