Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

5 minutes ago, BillsNBrews1818 said:

See I think SLU may have ended up with the worst of both sides of this story. Given we don't really know who did what that night, they deemed 3 of 4 students' actions worthy of effective expulsion, yet somehow let them roam about the campus and go about their business while twiddling their thumbs and missing every deadline outlined in their own policies. Then you have Goodwin's apparent drastic reduction in punishment which conveniently salvages the program. Lots of people think the players were punished too harshly and treated unfairly to make a point, then SLU goes and negates that point by reducing Goodwin's punishment significantly. They drag 3 guys through the mud, then end up looking like they're defending their superstar in the end anyway. I really hope the right thing was done and I'm somehow missing details, but man that math is hard to fathom. 

Bingo, well stated 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

The fact that Goodwin(not guaranteed) is coming back, instantly makes him my favorite Billiken of all time. 

-mine is KMitchell for how he handled S1, JGood could join him and I know that is important to JGood

5 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Looked at his tweets and pretty clearly just a regular SLU student, and basketball fan. We actually need those 

Same kid who has held the "Free the Three" whiteboard in the student section this semester during some games. A huge Billikens fan

7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Here is what it will say: "i' m sorry i violated SLU's policies. I let myself down, my teammates down, and the University. I plan to grow from this experience and will use this as a learning experience. I will use this time away to mature as a person and return to the University in May." 

He should take a shot at the Title IX for creating a process that dragged well past every deadline while his name was able to be slimed as a sexual predator.

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

100%. I'm out of good posts today, sorry.

Roby did everything he could and should have for four years, and ultimately he will not be rewarded with any team success. That's a hard pill to swallow.

A lot of it is timing. Think of how much better those last two NCAA Tourney teams would have been if Roby was playing the Jake Barnett role. Barnett seems more deserving of some of the recent sh!t show seasons.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

A lot of it is timing. Think of how much better those last two NCAA Tourney teams would have been if Roby was playing the Jake Barnett role. Barnett seems more deserving of some of the recent sh!t show seasons.

I have a hard time saying any player deserves a bad season unless he's shown to be a bad guy, and not many of our players have done that. And even then, I hate to see good guys spoiled by bad ones.

I think it's safe to say that a better player than Barnett would have been nice to have during his seasons. He just didn't turn out to be the guy we thought he was. If we had a true knock-down shooter in his place, we'd have been even more dangerous. He was replacing Cassity, though, so he was basically a neutral replacement.

23 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Here is what it will say: "i' m sorry i violated SLU's policies. I let myself down, my teammates down, and the University. I plan to grow from this experience and will use this as a learning experience. I will use this time away to mature as a person and return to the University in May." 

I'm assuming you wrote his apology? Blue text

RiseAndGrind likes this

25 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Nailed it.

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Nailed it. 

There can be all kinds of outrage about this final solution but the truth is JG missing the rest of this semester is about the best we could have hoped for.  At this point all of his stats from this year stay in place I assume and he can return next year.  I assume he can take some on line classes at other schools and then attend summer school if necessary.  He will stay because transferring ends up costing him a lot more.  Next year's team stacks up well - Gordon, Thatch, Pearson are good players and will help.  French and JG give us a pretty good core.  Foreman and Bess along with Johnson round out a decent roster plus whoever else we get to play pg.  Ford has no reason to leave - he can easily reboot with who he has now and adds.  While I am not happy about the whole thing the best thing to do is move on - this is not nearly as bad as S1 turned out.  For those who are upset that we now will be out of our chance to make the post season - get real it was not happening anyway once those 3 players were not available.