Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Im not sure if they could.... But even if they could I think the issue is they wouldnt want to waist any eligibility on this crap season? 

The only one I think that would be worried about protecting eligibility would be Graves.  The other two have cases it is not clear cut they would get it back and how long do they want to actually play basketball for free?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Most of these women could care less about black males.  The lives of black males are lot like other causes they claim to care about. They are nothing more than fashion accessories meant to make them look hip and to fit in.  The only thing they really care about is their self and will vigorously defend the cause that allows them to accept no personal responsibility for anything bad that happens to them. They will defend it while sacrificing every other cause they claim to care about.  These people claim to be woke, but are really just self absorbed narcissists.

I find this topic very intriguing. Kinda along the lines of the whole Aziz Ansari saga where she basically wasn’t cool with some of the stuff but made no effort in making it clear and just assumed he knew. And then we he apologized, she still wanted to take it public. It really sucks for those who have suffered through legit cases of sexual assault, less likely for people to accept/believe.

Spoon-Balls likes this

12 minutes ago, KCBills said:

I find this topic very intriguing. Kinda along the lines of the whole Aziz Ansari saga where she basically wasn’t cool with some of the stuff but made no effort in making it clear and just assumed he knew. And then we he apologized, she still wanted to take it public. It really sucks for those who have suffered through legit cases of sexual assault, less likely for people to accept/believe.

Except that case was one woman and one man.  This is 3 women and 4 men.  From what has been intimated, 2 of the 3 refrained from pursuing anything in he Title IX process.  It doesn’t add up at all.

4 hours ago, LindellWest said:

Man, some people  are becoming a parody of themselves, impossible to determine if someone is trolling or actually believes this level of crazy.Image result for your rights end where my feelings begin

The best post in all 235 pages. + a million. The pic should also have added, and my feelings ain't none of your business, until I accuse you of assault.

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

235 pages of guessing, hope, anger, and despair. Nothing you (plural) can do except to stop your donations, and rant. The issue I am talking about is how to develop a way to channel all of this anger into a useful purpose. For example, helping out with the suspended students expenses during their suspension. Just saying, that would be a purposeful way to channel the anger in a constructive way. Let's try hard to stay away from destructive activities, let's try to help the kids out somehow. Any thoughts about how this could be done?

I want to apologize for the quote above, I really had no idea that providing funds to the suspended players would destroy their eligibility under NCAA rules. Live and learn. I made this proposal in in good faith to help the kids in this dark hour of their lives. I am disappointed we cannot help them directly and sincerely hope that things turn out OK for them. 

That said, I am still interested in exploring how the kids might be helped out without messing them up in regards to the NCAA rules, any ideas anyone?

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I want to apologize for the quote above, I really had no idea that providing funds to the suspended players would destroy their eligibility under NCAA rules. Live and learn. I made this proposal in in good faith to help the kids in this dark hour of their lives. I am disappointed we cannot help them directly and sincerely hope that things turn out OK for them. 

That said, I am still interested in exploring how the kids might be helped out without messing them up in regards to the NCAA rules, any ideas anyone?

What about their parents vis-a-vis a Go Fund Me account? Good thoughts, OG. Very "Man for Others" of you! 

J Good A10 player of the week. 2nd time. Boy, if he gets away from SLU over this s&^t storm of a mess, that is borderline criminal and definitely insane. Then again no one ever accused of SLU being sane when it comes to hoops.

14 minutes ago, slu72 said:

J Good A10 player of the week. 2nd time. Boy, if he gets away from SLU over this s&^t storm of a mess, that is borderline criminal and definitely insane. Then again no one ever accused of SLU being sane when it comes to hoops.

Will be tough if we have to watch him play somewhere else. Can't remember who else was in the running when he committed?

7 minutes ago, almaman said:

Will be tough if we have to watch him play somewhere else. Can't remember who else was in the running when he committed?

Northwestern was 2. Illinois was 3 but with Groce. 

11 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

And we have a Goodwin sighting! 

What train did you see him on, him being railroaded and everything?

Just now, gobillsgo said:

Goodwin playing tonight per Stu. 

Did I read right that he's with us through possibly the 7th when the appeals process comes to an end?

17 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Did I read right that he's with us through possibly the 7th when the appeals process comes to an end?

Heck, if the initial investigation was so complex that it required extra time, why not say the appeals process required extra time? Then we get him for the whole season.

21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

its never John Manning or Brett Jolly having the sex.... always our studs

The old Vienna Sausage move wasn’t just on the low post for Brett Thompson, either :)

27 minutes ago, almaman said:

not seeing either of those. He could go to SIUE I'll follow him over. 

If he transfers I'd be cool with Northwestern.  Good academic school on a recent hoops upswing.  Plus, being Northwestern his highlights wouldn't be shoved down my throat, I'd need to actively seek them out.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If he transfers I'd be cool with Northwestern.  Good academic school on a recent hoops upswing.  Plus, being Northwestern his highlights wouldn't be shoved down my throat, I'd need to actively seek them out.

We are SLU fans, you know he will end up st mizzou