GDT SLU step on the spiders

CBFan

"We've debated the last two days whether we should start D.J. to help him build his confidence. I'm going to play you early and leave you in there. DJ was not to be taken out of the game. Coaches were too remind me not to take him out. We don't win this one without D.J. He'll be playing a lot more."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikenbill said:

"WE've debate the last two days whether we should start D.J. to help him build his confidence. I'm going to play you early and leave you in there. DJ was not to be taken out of the game. Coaches were too remind me not to take him out. We don't win this one without D.J. He'll be playing a lot more."

If we plays like he did tonight every game than he should switch minutes with Hines

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If we plays like he did tonight every game than he should switch minutes with Hines

Was saying that DJ would start in JJ's place, but yes, more mins. for DJ would mean less for Hines. Funny thing about Hines, he'll drive the lane make a circus shot like he did tonight, hit a jumper to keep a rally going, but he looks for his shot too much, and despite what look like good mechanics just isn't a reliable shooter.

2 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Was saying that DJ would start in JJ's place, but yes, more mins. for DJ would mean less for Hines. Funny thing about Hines, he'll drive the lane make a circus shot like he did tonight, hit a jumper to keep a rally going, but he looks for his shot too much, and despite what look like good mechanics just isn't a reliable shooter.

If we had every player playing he would be our 12th or 13th player in the lineup, which is where he should be. Because of injuries and S2 he's been put in a position he really should not be in. I feel like he'd be a decent #12 guy though

Glad to see Foreman’s stats.  Did not see the game.  He has looked really good on a couple of occasions.  The main thing is that he did not have any turnovers.  Sometimes he is a turnover machine, thinks he is Michael Jackson out there, hopefully that is gone.

One thing to note, our Forwards shot more than any other game. Probably was just the matchup, but maybe it is a sign we are going to go inside more.  Maybe it was because Goodwin was out?

11 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

"We have to be able to play the game" might be the best quote I've heard from Travis ever in a presser. That or the line he uttered 30 seconds later "we have a lot of guys who can go 1 for 10"

I love watching Travis on the floor during the games. He's yelled some pretty tough things at the players during the games and I'm honestly surprised he's no t'ed up more for lighting up the refs as well. He's a genuine showman......

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Glad to see Foreman’s stats.  Did not see the game.  He has looked really good on a couple of occasions.  The main thing is that he did not have any turnovers.  Sometimes he is a turnover machine, thinks he is Michael Jackson out there, hopefully that is gone.

One thing to note, our Forwards shot more than any other game. Probably was just the matchup, but maybe it is a sign we are going to go inside more.  Maybe it was because Goodwin was out?

There was only one Michael Jackson drive and he wasn't called for traveling. Time was running low on the shot clock and somebody had to do something. It was one of the few shots he missed. It almost went in. It would have been a highlife reel play if it did. He looked very good scoring multiple ways at the rim and playing smart within his abilities. It was a good all around performance.

12 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Hines is one of the better free throw shooters though so it would be nice if he could drive the lane and attract fouls.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

And maybe it was because Richmond is so weak up front? They should have been down 20 after the first half, the only saving grace was SLU missing layups.

10 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

After seeing Golden play, I wonder how his coach convinced him to redshirt last year? Was he injured?

Golden had a heart procedure last year (or maybe it was 2016).  He spent the season recovering.  The A10 has a really nice group of freshmen this year.

1. Does anyone know what happened with Ford's technical?  I was at the game and honestly have no idea what happened.  I was told by someone that the ref thought Ford was disrespecting him but figured out that Ford was talking to someone else - is that true?

2. When we were down 10 with about 12 minutes or so left I was starting to lose faith but somehow this team had the most unimpressive ( by that I mean to the eye) comeback - it just sort of happened and you did not realize it until it was done.  I guess that is how 3-11 teams become 3-11.

3. I am not a big fan of Hines but honestly, nobody was shooting and until somebody hit a couple of shots the paint was Death Valley for us with Richmond's sagging.  What is the deal with JJ - he had 9 points but he got those when it counted but honestly why is he not getting open more? - it does not appear that the other teams are double teaming him.

according to the telecast, and by  the look of replays, the grey haired ref, T'd up ford for clapping and saying good call, regarding a traveling call.   He commented at halftime that he got a T for clapping.   An unbelievable call.      

The replay on French's 3rd foul was ridiculous also, the black haired ref was starring at the play, French is on the other side of the key, contests his shot and his hands are straight up in the air, and actually go higher than Golden, they do not come down, the shot goes up golden spins away under his own power, the ball comes of the rims, Foreman rebounds the ball and the whistle blows.  Pathetic call....

The game did look dismal, JJ's three and 1 turned the tide emotionally.  

12 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

According to Rammer there had been some bad calls. A Richmond player was called for a travel and Ford clapped his hands and said "good call." That's when he was Td up.

my mom got t'd up during my grade school game because the ref thought she was being sarcastic.