ISU Scrimmage

gobillsgo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still hard to believe that no info is leaking out about this. Stu tweeted about it a week or so ago, so we know he knew it took place, at least. 

Other scrimmages have info leaking all the time. I don't really care about final score, but it would be nice to know if everyone played/ how we looked. 

54 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

It's still hard to believe that no info is leaking out about this. Stu tweeted about it a week or so ago, so we know he knew it took place, at least. 

Other scrimmages have info leaking all the time. I don't really care about final score, but it would be nice to know if everyone played/ how we looked. 

Look, ISU got whipped, and the are rigorously enforcing the Confidentiality clause in the Agreement between the schools.  Even saying this is a material breach of the terms.  Luckily, I am completely making this up.

5 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

A scrimmage is practice.  The score is totally meaningless.  Hopefully  it was a controlled scrimmage so that it could be stopped for teaching moments. You don't play anyone 30 minutes, you try different combinations,  etc.

Thank you!  Seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word "scrimmage" means on here. 

11 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I've exhausted all my Pantagraph sources, too. Withholding info like this isn't Normal for them. Had a friend who was an assistant at ISU under Porter and even he won't dig for us. 

20 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

A scrimmage is practice.  The score is totally meaningless.  Hopefully  it was a controlled scrimmage so that it could be stopped for teaching moments. You don't play anyone 30 minutes, you try different combinations,  etc.

By the way, next Summer would be a great time for a foreign trip with the squad SLU is expected to have.   Extra practice, extra games.  It has been awhile.  Seems the NCAA allows a trip about every 4 years?

Exactly who cares.  This is probably less relevant than preseason football which has zero relevance.  Only thing I care about is that no one got hurt.  If some one had we would have heard about it.  So all good.  

28 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Interesting and sounds good. I think if Roby were to play it would helped SLU’s D....he may not star like he did last year but he’s a solid, reliable glue guy.

Does anyone know if Graves was able to suit up since a scrimmage is practice? I assume he is fully eligible to practice with the team then play starting after first semester is over.

And does anyone know if he can play immediately after the first semester is over or must he wait until second semester classes start?  There are 9 games after fall semester ends on 12/11/17 and spring semester starts 1/15/18.  So it is a big deal for Graves and the team.

25 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Does anyone know if Graves was able to suit up since a scrimmage is practice? I assume he is fully eligible to practice with the team then play starting after first semester is over.

And does anyone know if he can play immediately after the first semester is over or must he wait until second semester classes start?  There are 9 games after fall semester ends on 12/11/17 and spring semester starts 1/15/18.  So it is a big deal for Graves and the team.

-typically players in this circumstance are eligible after first semester classes end

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

Not too much in there, but if you read between the lines, Ford is saying Bishop got his triple-double.   

Spoon-Balls, thetorch and wgstl like this

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

These little insights into the scrimmage have me all fired up. The last few years we weren't aggressive or athletic enough to pull in 14 offensive rebounds against a .500 CYC team. To hear we pulled in 14 offensive boards against a legitimate D-1 squad with a 7 footer in the middle (even in a scrimmage) is exciting.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Not too much in there, but if you read between the lines, Ford is saying Bishop got his triple-double.   

Lol

I'm loathe to give practice reports because  I'll get jumped on by not talking favorably about the Crews returnees.

12 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Lol

I'm loathe to give practice reports because  I'll get jumped on by not talking favorably about the Crews returnees.

Come on, torch, give us some intel.  So you’re saying Roby is underperforming?  Cause I know you ain’t talkin’ ‘bout Bishop!