Jump to content

Recruiting - 2021


Pistol
 Share

Recommended Posts

His actual first name is Dumonde. I don't know what his younger brother's name is, but their dad nicknamed them Slam and Air. Air apparently does play basketball, at least at the high school level. (Does that make him Air Apparent to his father's basketball legacy?)  They are of Lenape and Jamaican heritage, according to the interwebs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, courtside said:

 

New 247 rankings are out. Jordan Nesbitt is 100 in 2021.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

He’s top-60 on Rivals. I sure hope he comes to SLU. Would be awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other offers on the list:

42. Franck Kepnang
54. Wesley Cardet, Jr.
67. Dallan (Deebo) Coleman
100. Jordan Nesbitt
123. Shane Dezonie
139. Sean Pedulla (Moved up over 100 spots)
145. A.J. Neal

And on their Composite rankings:

26. Franck Kepnang
44. Dallan (Deebo) Coleman
75. Jordan Nesbitt
86. Shane Dezonie
102. Wesley Cardet
137. A.J. Neal
168. Sean Pedulla
170. Yaya Keita
205. P.J. Eason
218. Dominiq Penn
226. Jalen Blackmon
246. Nicholas Kern

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Other offers on the list:

42. Franck Kepnang
54. Wesley Cardet, Jr.
67. Dallan (Deebo) Coleman
100. Jordan Nesbitt
123. Shane Dezonie
139. Sean Pedulla (Moved up over 100 spots)
145. A.J. Neal

And on their Composite rankings:

26. Franck Kepnang
44. Dallan (Deebo) Coleman
75. Jordan Nesbitt
86. Shane Dezonie
102. Wesley Cardet
137. A.J. Neal
168. Sean Pedulla
170. Yaya Keita
205. P.J. Eason
218. Dominiq Penn
226. Jalen Blackmon
246. Nicholas Kern

-can you explain the difference in their lists? was CAG 75 when he signed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-can you explain the difference in their lists? was CAG 75 when he signed?

The 247 composite is a combination of 247Sports' in-house ratings, Rivals.com, ESPN, and Scout.com.  The other three services have Nesbitt ranked in the 60-80 range.  In fact, the next time those services update, Nesbitt will likely receive a slight bump upwards.  Eric Bossi with Rivals loves him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

The 247 composite is a combination of 247Sports' in-house ratings, Rivals.com, ESPN, and Scout.com.  The other three services have Nesbitt ranked in the 60-80 range.  In fact, the next time those services update, Nesbitt will likely receive a slight bump upwards.  Eric Bossi with Rivals loves him.

-got it, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Littlebill said:

You’re speaking as if Phil Russell wouldn’t be one of the better players in that team

Haha I’m not speaking as if he wouldn’t at all.  Just figured it was easier to make the point that way rather than saying “our 10-13 scholarship guys plus our preferred walk on”.   It’s definitely pretty clear to everyone that Phil would undoubtedly be a scholarship player (And probably a top 8 guy)  on almost any other Billiken team in history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Haha I’m not speaking as if he wouldn’t at all.  Just figured it was easier to make the point that way rather than saying “our 10-13 scholarship guys plus our preferred walk on”.   It’s definitely pretty clear to everyone that Phil is puke undoubtedly be a scholarship player (And probably a top 8 guy)  on almost any other Billiken team in history. 

I’m beginning to wonder if the Swede won’t make it here given the virus, and Phil gets his scholie. The Swede then can be added next year. Just a thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Lorentsson's already enrolled and on scholarship.  So are you suggesting that he take a redshirt?

Not sure. Doesn’t a redshirt still count as a scholarship? I think what I was suggesting was that he can complete this semester on line, get dropped, Phil takes it. Lorentsson is told he comes in next year with his scholie. I don’t know if any of that is legal or even the way SLU would go about it. As I see it we have 3 openings for 21-22 class, Lorentsson fills one of them,  and Russel becomes a scholarship player in the second half of this season. You tell me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not sure. Doesn’t a redshirt still count as a scholarship? I think what I was suggesting was that he can complete this semester on line, get dropped, Phil takes it. Lorentsson is told he comes in next year with his scholie. I don’t know if any of that is legal or even the way SLU would go about it. As I see it we have 3 openings for 21-22 class, Lorentsson fills one of them,  and Russel becomes a scholarship player in the second half of this season. You tell me. 

A kid dropping out just so another kid can access the scholarship only to return the next year with an expectation of four years of eligibility?  That seems like a pretty clear manipulation of the scholarship limit.  I think the NCAA would frown upon it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

A kid dropping out just so another kid can access the scholarship only to return the next year with an expectation of four years of eligibility?  That seems like a pretty clear manipulation of the scholarship limit.  I think the NCAA would frown upon it.

I agree. 

Also if Lorentsson is already enrolled and on scholarship, that scholarship is used for the entire year anyways. Scholarships aren't based on a semester. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i guess i am the only mbm apprehensive about his joining team blue.   i was never a fan of nomads.   hope he proves he wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i guess i am the only mbm apprehensive about his joining team blue.   i was never a fan of nomads.   hope he proves he wrong. 

He’s enrolled. That’s a plus, so put away your worry beads. I do enough of that for the entire board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He’s enrolled. That’s a plus, so put away your worry beads. I do enough of that for the entire board. 

i know he's enrolled.   i am talking about i dont like he seems to not want to find a place he can call HIS future alma mater.   3 programs and still has 2 years of school to go isnt normal.  like i said i hope i am wrong about my concern.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i know he's enrolled.   i am talking about i dont like he seems to not want to find a place he can call HIS future alma mater.   3 programs and still has 2 years of school to go isnt normal.  like i said i hope i am wrong about my concern.  

You're getting Lorentsson and Linssen mixed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You're getting Lorentsson and Linssen mixed up.

whatever, whichever one is on his 3rd school i am not expecting much and just hoping he doesnt f up the team blue chemistry at this point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

whatever, whichever one is on his 3rd school i am not expecting much and just hoping he doesnt f up the team blue chemistry at this point.  

Good Lord. Linssen obviously had multiple options and decided he wanted to spend his last two seasons with Team Blue, despite never visiting campus, and knowing that he is likely coming off the bench in a supporting role both years.   This is a player we should NOT want on our team?  Give me a break

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

whatever, whichever one is on his 3rd school i am not expecting much and just hoping he doesnt f up the team blue chemistry at this point.  

Just looking at Instagram, he looks to be getting along swimmingly with the other guys. He transferred from Wilmington after his coach left. He’s already got his bachelors and is now working on a 2-year masters program. Doesn’t exactly seem like the type of kid who is gonna become a team chemistry problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

A kid dropping out just so another kid can access the scholarship only to return the next year with an expectation of four years of eligibility?  That seems like a pretty clear manipulation of the scholarship limit.  I think the NCAA would frown upon it.

So, what you are saying is that we'd have to be a P5 school to get away with that kind of stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...