Marketing department

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Deutschkind said:

I don't know guys, what about bringing back #BillikenTime? I loved how it reminded me of Miller

#Hashtags are new, but the Billikens have had a theme for each season going back a long time now.  I can't remember all of them, but recalling them seems as good an offseason topic as any.

#BillikenTime - was this one this past season?  I've blocked a lot out about the last few years off Billikens basketball

#RiseOfTheBillikens - 2013-14 (ironically Ellis started this on twitter the season before and the marketing dept. borrowed it the following season when he was gone)

"Our Town, Our Team, Our Turn" (something like that) - mid/early 2000s under Brad

I know there have been many others, but I can't think of them.  I can almost hear Bob Ramsey saying them on the radio...

Anyone else remember any of them?

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Mine or SLU Marketing's?  And why do you feel that way? -- not that I have strong feelings about it either way.

SLU marketing. It feels "participation trophyish" along the lines of #DoYourBest.  It doesn't excite. #WTM also can stand for What's the Matter. 

48 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

SLU marketing. It feels "participation trophyish" along the lines of #DoYourBest.  It doesn't excite. #WTM also can stand for What's the Matter. 

Yeah.  #WinTheMoment isn't particularly awful to me, but seeing #WTM doesn't make me think of #WinTheMoment at all.  I realize it is sort of a slogan for all athletics.  However, using a slogan with "win" in it, when you kinda know your money making program (men's basketball) will not do much winning seems silly.

• 3 months later...

Well, this is certainly a positive start:

The Billikens value the feedback and support of our fans. We are working to ensure that we are meeting your expectations in every way. Because your continued support is so important to us, we need to hear your voice!

In the spirit of continuous improvement, we invite you to share your thoughts with us by completing the following survey. Once the survey is completed, you will have an opportunity to enter to win a $100 gift card to the Saint Louis University Bookstore! 

Please take a moment to express your opinions on a variety of subjects relating to your Billiken Athletics and gameday experience. Please complete the survey by Monday, August 21.

47 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Well, this is certainly a positive start:

The Billikens value the feedback and support of our fans. We are working to ensure that we are meeting your expectations in every way. Because your continued support is so important to us, we need to hear your voice!

In the spirit of continuous improvement, we invite you to share your thoughts with us by completing the following survey. Once the survey is completed, you will have an opportunity to enter to win a $100 gift card to the Saint Louis University Bookstore! 

Please take a moment to express your opinions on a variety of subjects relating to your Billiken Athletics and gameday experience. Please complete the survey by Monday, August 21.

Too many questions about my gambling habits and halftime entertainment and not nearly enough about how the AD is run. But I did give them a piece of my mind. Seems like it's always about the game day experience but without messy questions about the game itself.

It is amazing difference the sporting experience is compared to my early days late 60's on. My main issue with now vs then is noise level. in between innings now is so noisy it's hard to talk over. Getting business done for tax right off legitimacy impossible unless texting. Even the team intros are all designed to pump us up. When we're 6-12ish coming off 30 pt loss at home to Morehead St. seems a bit ridiculous to fill every silence with noise. mixing metaphors and sports a bit but you old timers no what I mean.

3 months till first game.

24 minutes ago, almaman said:

It is amazing difference the sporting experience is compared to my early days late 60's on. My main issue with now vs then is noise level. in between innings now is so noisy it's hard to talk over. Getting business done for tax right off legitimacy impossible unless texting. Even the team intros are all designed to pump us up. When we're 6-12ish coming off 30 pt loss at home to Morehead St. seems a bit ridiculous to fill every silence with noise. mixing metaphors and sports a bit but you old timers no what I mean.

god dont get me started.  the music (if that's what you call it) for the team intros is beyond horrible.  combining the music along with gus voice over,  what should be one of the highest moments each game imo just flat out sucks.  

37 minutes ago, almaman said:

You're complaining that the building is too loud? At a sporting event? 

25 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

You're complaining that the building is too loud? At a sporting event? 

Yeah, if that winds up being the main takeaway from the survey, we're in trouble.

20 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

god dont get me started.  the music (if that's what you call it) for the team intros is beyond horrible.  combining the music along with gus voice over,  what should be one of the highest moments each game imo just flat out sucks.  

In the music and Gus combo......the music isn't the problem.......

I like the music.  I often download it later because I'd never hear it anywhere else in life.  How old am I?

once we truly have thousands of students packing chaifetz, fine play the crap that the last few intro videos have featured, but honestly we have less than 100 students at the game.   so why are we playing to them to "pump up the crowd"?   there are plenty of music selections that the crowd would respond to that would more than do the job.   find a good bruno mars song, or a beyonce or rihanna or carrie underwood, etc.   heck i'd just as soon listen to the william tell overture than that nonsense that was with the intro video last year.   

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

once we truly have thousands of students packing chaifetz, fine play the crap that the last few intro videos have featured, but honestly we have less than 100 students at the game.   so why are we playing to them to "pump up the crowd"?   there are plenty of music selections that the crowd would respond to that would more than do the job.   find a good bruno mars song, or a beyonce or rihanna or carrie underwood, etc.   heck i'd just as soon listen to the william tell overture than that nonsense that was with the intro video last year.   

Image result for old man yells at cloud