Marketing department

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Incredibly inept...seriously it's nearly impossible to screw up mailchimp this bad.

I'm sure someone will come on here and say "that's not the ADs fault, it's ___ company that sends those out."

The total failure of the new logo roll out continues. It is the ADs fault for not getting the word out to all vendors, sponsors, etc and changing these things out. It's not that damn hard. Christ. 

I have never seen a t-shirt giveaway, or any giveaway for that matter, mishandled like the one tonight at the game. Waited to give student items away until halftime on the concourse, then had no organization method for students at all, and finally not even enough shirts for one third of the attendees. It was an absolute cluster. 

18 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

I have never seen a t-shirt giveaway, or any giveaway for that matter, mishandled like the one tonight at the game. Waited to give student items away until halftime on the concourse, then had no organization method for students at all, and finally not even enough shirts for one third of the attendees. It was an absolute cluster. 

This is tangential, but why did half or more of the student section disappear (and never reappear) starting just before halftime? Did they just come for the goodies and then split?

Yes, bonwich that is exactly what happened. The incentive to stay for the game for many students was the giveaway at halftime, and they thought it would make them stay for the whole game. The fact is that if you are a student only going for a giveaway, you will leave once the giveaway is provided. That is precisely what happened last night. 

8 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Not Marketing Department, but Fox Sports Radio 1340 may want to update their Billiken Picture :lol:  They did get the new logo right though

They must have cropped Matt Dickey out of the photo.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Perhaps they are trying to get rid of the old stuff - just a guess.  Honestly, I personally can not get that worked up over this stuff.  I am sure you can get the new stuff if you look at their inventory.

Ya think?

Then run a freakin' once and for all clearance. This ain't brain surgery.

Not to mention: It's not marked as obsolete. I could easily see some grandmother going out there to buy a cool sweatshirt as a present and not know that she's buying outdated merchandise.

But that's just me. I can get worked up over gross incompetence that continues to make our athletic department look two-bit. 

9 hours ago, bonwich said:

Got another Official Online Store email today. Four of the nine featured items have the old logo. Does no one in the athletic department have even the slightest sense of shame? 

It's at least been a year and a half. If you're not gonna sell it by now it's not going to get bought 

50 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Hasahn moved up to 87. I love it. Two kids top 100. Next year is going to be fun. Rise of the Billikens was around 2013 or 2014. Trust me.

Started with Cody Ellis' Batman obsession and the Dark Knight Rises movie.