Marketing department

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

05 - I get your complaints.  The AD leaves a lot to be desired.  I have no idea what you do outside of the board, so if you already do what I'm suggesting below, then kudos.

Everyone on the board who complains about the AD (including 05) - Complaining on this board is easy and you may get others to commiserate with you regarding the failings of the AD.  However, it does absolutely nothing to fix any perceived/actual problems.  I would advise reaching out to the athletics office with constructive criticism.  Constructive meaning rather than just saying, "your photoshops suck" you'd say "I noticed some issues with this graphic.  Here they are...  Here is how it can be done better."  (huge caveat regarding Situation 2.0 I'm highly doubtful that any of us are objective enough or know enough to offer anything constructive there)

Back to 05 - sometimes it just seems like you have a bone to pick with the AD, so you nitpick everything they do.  It is often deserved, but if you're not offering suggestions directly to them, then what's the point?

I'm out of good post ratings for the day, but you'd get another for this.

05's act is tiresome. He pestered everyone in the AD for years - basically his entire life - until the past few, after he graduated and wasn't given a job within the AD. Since then, he's been criticizing literally everything, no matter how big or small.

No organization is above criticism, and certainly we all have our pet issues with SLU and its athletic department. But you're 100% on point here - there's nothing useful, fresh, interesting, or constructive with his points. He's just hurling rocks because he's bitter.

And honestly, they wouldn't even want his constructive criticism (if he actually had any). They're sick of him.

billikens747 likes this

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

05's act is tiresome. He pestered everyone in the AD for years - basically his entire life - until the past few, after he graduated and wasn't given a job within the AD. Since then, he's been criticizing literally everything, no matter how big or small.

No organization is above criticism, and certainly we all have our pet issues with SLU and its athletic department. But you're 100% on point here - there's nothing useful, fresh, interesting, or constructive with his points. He's just hurling rocks because he's bitter.

And honestly, they wouldn't even want his constructive criticism (if he actually had any). They're sick of him.

Wonderful stuff from you Pistol

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

tbh there’s nothing useful, fresh, interesting, or constructive about the above, either. You just took RU’s sentiments and made it.. mean.. lol 

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

tbh there’s nothing useful, fresh, interesting, or constructive about the above, either. You just took RU’s sentiments and made it.. mean.. lol 

Fair.

I'm not worried about being nice to 05 anymore, though. I'm completely tired of his act. I know I'm not alone.

Is this where we come to complain about SLU stuff?

Good cause I ordered a sweet SLU Under Armour zipper neck pullover from the online program that sends me emails a few times a week.  I was pumped until it never came.  I hit them up via email asking where it was.  No response.  Email again.  Response this time was that they sent me an email stating it wasn't available.  What the hell?  Why did it let me purchase?  I guess I didn't notice their email cause I get so many.  They didn't charge me.

5 minutes ago, TRN said:

They managed to use Santos’s image for tonight’s game on Twitter.  Come see the player sitting out the year on the end of the bench!

https://twitter.com/slu_billikens/status/943218192163528711

Nothing wrong with that he's part of the team.  Throw em' a bone.  Looks friendly.

7 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Sounds like the Airing of the Grievances has come early this year!

It never ends.

I know I'm not the only one that is miffed at the Bookstore.  

On 12/19/2017 at 2:20 PM, Pistol said:

They should put him on "ignore"

Kudos to whoever was in charge of how to distribute the free tickets tonight. Not only did they have a really good crowd, but it was filled with families.  The concession stands were packed.  The line for Dipping Dots was crazy when I walked by it at halftime.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Kudos to whoever was in charge of how to distribute the free tickets tonight. Not only did they have a really good crowd, but it was filled with families.  The concession stands were packed.  The line for Dipping Dots was crazy when I walked by it at halftime.

I think it was a CYC thing.  Anyone who has a kid who participates in CYC athletics could get free tickets for their family.

brianstl likes this

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Well done. Hopefully we can get repeat customers 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Interesting app about to launch. Perhaps it brings an uptick in athletics support prior to the realization this team is good. 

Definitely a nice idea. They did something like this for students, I think it was my first year at SLU where it was attached to your Student ID. I'll try it out tonight at the Men's soccer game. Looking through the prizes, I really like what I see. A lot of Nike stuff which don't seem to be available for purchase. It seems like a lot of the games are only 10 points. A billiken replica jersey is 380 points. Seems like it could be reasonably accomplished by the Joe Billikenfan, easily by a student.