• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiCAN said:

I heard this advertised on 101 after the game last night:

image.thumb.png.c796affcb6a627bf147f89b54354f8c4.png

A Star Wars night is the ole college try of sports marketing. A staple of entry level marketing directors in every minor league baseball stadium in the country. Coming later this season superheroes and princesses night. 

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

A Star Wars night is the ole college try of sports marketing. A staple of entry level marketing directors in every minor league baseball stadium in the country. Coming later this season superheroes and princesses night. 

You’re mad when they don’t try things, mad when the try things. Enough already. Every knows how you feel about the athletic department. 

Littlebill likes this

28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Don’t care, can someone get me one of those shirts plz thx

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's a decent idea for a promo. It's better than any in recent years that I can remember, with the Billikens. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

It's a decent idea for a promo. It's better than any in recent years that I can remember, with the Billikens. 

It’s an effort. But you’re missing cosplayers that can be available for pictures. You could get the band involved to play the score from the movie. The band could play the dark side theme before the away team is announced Have giveaways where you can try to win free tickets to see the movie or a Star Wars prize pack. The shirt is neat it really is but the “theme night” feels half a$$3d

59 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’s an effort. But you’re missing cosplayers that can be available for pictures. You could get the band involved to play the score from the movie. The band could play the dark side theme before the away team is announced Have giveaways where you can try to win free tickets to see the movie or a Star Wars prize pack. The shirt is neat it really is but the “theme night” feels half a$$3d

I assume some of these things will be part of that game night. I have no clue though.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:40 PM, billikenfan05 said:

On 11/29/2017 at 8:41 PM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I assume some of these things will be part of that game night. I have no clue though.

We do have Imperial March in the band's repertoire, and I believe it will be making an appearance that night.

Other than that, we currently do not have any other Star Wars music.  Besides, in order to do Star Wars music justice, you HAVE to have a full orchestra.  It would be sacrilege to John Williams himself if you didn't!

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

someone needs to take photoshop away from whoever is in charge of making these graphics.

05 - I get your complaints.  The AD leaves a lot to be desired.  I have no idea what you do outside of the board, so if you already do what I'm suggesting below, then kudos.

Everyone on the board who complains about the AD (including 05) - Complaining on this board is easy and you may get others to commiserate with you regarding the failings of the AD.  However, it does absolutely nothing to fix any perceived/actual problems.  I would advise reaching out to the athletics office with constructive criticism.  Constructive meaning rather than just saying, "your photoshops suck" you'd say "I noticed some issues with this graphic.  Here they are...  Here is how it can be done better."  (huge caveat regarding Situation 2.0 I'm highly doubtful that any of us are objective enough or know enough to offer anything constructive there)

Back to 05 - sometimes it just seems like you have a bone to pick with the AD, so you nitpick everything they do.  It is often deserved, but if you're not offering suggestions directly to them, then what's the point?

thetorch likes this