GDT: Some blue team vs The Spaaahhhdurz

jimbofive

The problem with this year is that some actually thought that Crews would have this team playing better. Well, obviously that is not true. His overall recruiting failures leaves us with a walk on getting a schollie since he could not find anybody worth giving it to. Now. I applaud Hine's effort but when you have a right handed guard trying to score a layup on the left side of the basket with his right hand you are in trouble. That shot is going to be blocked and if you can not shoot it with your left hand then you should not be on the court but we do not have anybody else. That one play has been emblematic of our entire season. We make poor executions and we keep doing it. Something else has been bothering me about this year - we seem to lose the 50/50 balls and you can not win if you cede those. The good news is I will be out of the country for the rest of the season and will not have to watch this train wreck anymore.

Yes. In addition to losing the 50/50 balls, we also lose the rebounding battles... That is, the rebounding battles we actually try to contest in that most of the time we are trained to cut and run back on defense after we take our shot. Then again, why should we be surprised in that we are trained to concede missed FT's.

Seriously, we are wasting our breath talking about our talent, our players, their development, etc. Crews is soooo bad that he would soon make Steph Curry and the Warriors look like don't know how to play the game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing about this game: it was boring. I was looking at things on my computer way more than I was looking up at the TV screen. It couldn't hold my attention for more than a couple minutes at a time, which is rare. It just wasn't good basketball - not sound at either end, not smooth. Devoid of highlights. Dull.

I'm not sure whether people stayed home due to weather or the anticipation of such a game, but they were right to do so. This program is fostering an environment of apathy, which is the worst possible thing that can happen to a fan base.

I have season tickets but did not use them - again. No interest. Even without the 1 inch of snow (roads are clear) , I still would have not gone to the game. The snow is no excuse because I did got out in the snow to bring dinner home. I won't watch Crews basketball any more. If this clown is retained, no more season tickets for me. And I have had season tickets since graduation in 1993.

He kept referring to it in the post game with Earl ...we were tired. Maybe they are tired of him and his ineptitude as a coach . 2 games in the past 11 days does not equate into a "tired" team

They didn't have a day off last week despite not having a game for 8 days.

I have season tickets but did not use them - again. No interest. Even without the 1 inch of snow (roads are clear) , I still would have not gone to the game. The snow is no excuse because I did got out in the snow to bring dinner home. I won't watch Crews basketball any more. If this clown is retained, no more season tickets for me. And I have had season tickets since graduation in 1993.

I'm in the same boat. I cannot GIVE my seats away. I have stopped asking people if they want them as doing so only puts people in the position of having to say "no thanks"

-the team is tired? they just had a week off from games and travel and you run them into the ground? oh my

-if Crews was being honest, I appreciate the honesty

-if this tired crap is the case, what are the other 6 suits on the bench doing? contributing to this death spiral

-what is beyond apathy? that is either where we are now or we are headed there very quickly......and how does it get reversed?

-the team is tired? they just had a week off from games and travel and you run them into the ground? oh my

-if Crews was being honest, I appreciate the honesty

-if this tired crap is the case, what are the other 6 suits on the bench doing? contributing to this death spiral

-what is beyond apathy? that is either where we are now or we are headed there very quickly......and how does it get reversed?

The program is in real trouble --- f*** this seaaon we are in real existential 1983 trouble. Was unthinkable but here we are. Only firing Jim Crews can help. If we keep Crews we should also apply for d2 or naia status.

This season is and has been a wash-- two years in which the games mean nothing. Only getting a new staff matters currently

I am now firmly convinced that Jim Crews is the anti-Christ. I watched him smirk as he walked off the court at the end of the game, as if he thought what he's done to this program was funny.

Do think the smirk was his kind of acknowledgment that he knows he will be fired so he has just resigned himself to play the season out.

Just going to drop this here....

Every subsequent game or story reinforces how out of touch Crews and his staff - namely Platt - are. I've never been a fan of the old school run-them-all-day method from a tough love, hard-ass coach, but he seems like an extreme example of that today. It just doesn't work anymore.

Say what you will about this generation; I don't think it's an indictment on a general lack of toughness. It's because the game has evolved, gotten more sophisticated, and players are more experienced and more athletic than ever before.

This kind of coaching is obsolete.

Good coaches adapt. Bad coaches blame the players for not understanding their system. What worked in 1976 doesn't mean much 40 years later.

Read what I wrote - I said the problem with this year not with this team.

I read it. I don't see the problem if some posters on a message board thought the team/year/whatever would be improved. I'm one of these posters who expected improvement so I'm curious.

I read it. I don't see the problem if some posters on a message board thought the team/year/whatever would be improved. I'm one of these posters who expected improvement so I'm curious.

Clearly you misread it but in your mind you are trying to justify your misread - but it is not a big deal - whatever.