GDT: Some blue team vs The Spaaahhhdurz

jimbofive

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was some improvement with this team but I am wrong. You can never lose to Richmond like this at home. I feel bad for the fans that show up on a cold snowy night. What is worth more, the empty seats at the Fetz or the buyout of the coaches contract.

I was optimistic about this one; Richmond's defense is terrible.

67-53 is the final.

I was too, I thought the team had improved and played the Bonnies well and I thought coming home the team would rally and make a statement. Wrong statement.

The problem with this year is that some actually thought that Crews would have this team playing better. Well, obviously that is not true. His overall recruiting failures leaves us with a walk on getting a schollie since he could not find anybody worth giving it to. Now. I applaud Hine's effort but when you have a right handed guard trying to score a layup on the left side of the basket with his right hand you are in trouble. That shot is going to be blocked and if you can not shoot it with your left hand then you should not be on the court but we do not have anybody else. That one play has been emblematic of our entire season. We make poor executions and we keep doing it. Something else has been bothering me about this year - we seem to lose the 50/50 balls and you can not win if you cede those. The good news is I will be out of the country for the rest of the season and will not have to watch this train wreck anymore.

The problem with this year is that some actually thought that Crews would have this team playing better. Well, obviously that is not true. His overall recruiting failures leaves us with a walk on getting a schollie since he could not find anybody worth giving it to. Now. I applaud Hine's effort but when you have a right handed guard trying to score a layup on the left side of the basket with his right hand you are in trouble. That shot is going to be blocked and if you can not shoot it with your left hand then you should not be on the court but we do not have anybody else. That one play has been emblematic of our entire season. We make poor executions and we keep doing it. Something else has been bothering me about this year - we seem to lose the 50/50 balls and you can not win if you cede those. The good news is I will be out of the country for the rest of the season and will not have to watch this train wreck anymore.

The problem with the team is that some people on a message board thought the team would be improved?

The worst thing about this game: it was boring. I was looking at things on my computer way more than I was looking up at the TV screen. It couldn't hold my attention for more than a couple minutes at a time, which is rare. It just wasn't good basketball - not sound at either end, not smooth. Devoid of highlights. Dull.

I'm not sure whether people stayed home due to weather or the anticipation of such a game, but they were right to do so. This program is fostering an environment of apathy, which is the worst possible thing that can happen to a fan base.