GDT: Sign Guy Spectacular (UMass Minutepeople vs. SLU)

kwyjibo

Nice road win, convincing. It has been an impressive transformation in the last several games, credit:

• Bishop and Hines, who would know they would take charge, hit the shots, finally open it up for others?
  • Ash... shows he will finish what he came here to do, he did not fold with the adversity; Reggie, too, and Crawford
  • a new simpler offense, and
  • possibly some other factors, maybe some discipline was needed, maybe some addition by subtraction (benching), but this is speculation, not good to elaborate upon

Those who say we have NO talent are being juvenile, emotional, ridiculous. One genius asked after the Davidson win if the soph class was a recruiting disaster, another says we have 1983 talent; I disagree.

11 more games, a long way to go, but you have to be pleased with the progress and future possibilities.

I must disagree with you MB, Pistols thread was good. No starters from the sophomore class in the resurgence and the good play continues without 1 of the 6 sophomore starting and if you want to win like the Billikens have won with Ricks players the recruiting must be better then a whole class of role players right now. I really enjoy seeing the sophomores play well and I liked the sophomore class that was recruited and signed. Unfortunately they have not been great players like Mike McCall, Cody Ellis, Kwmain Mitchell, those players played well as freshmen.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out-rebounded them 38-35, only 9 turnovers, that's three straight games under 10 turnovers, don't know when I've seen that before, 51% from the floor, 78% from the stripe, we've got a ballteam!!!

Took a quick look at the old gamelogs and looks like this is the first time since 1991 they have scored 79+ points in three straight conference games. Never done it in the A-10 before,

While any road win especially in the conference is a good thing, lets not lose sight of the fact that UMASS was a worse team than us. They are now 1-5 in conference and 8-10 overall. It is not like we beat a top tier A10 team. Glad for the win but lets make sure we don't over inflate it and lose sight of the overall picture of where we are as a program..

It is great that we are having success playing exciting basketball too. So bizarre that the same team that scored 52, 47, 57, and 56 points in games within our last 9 games has scored 96 and 86 in back to back games. Obviously we are aware of the things that have changed, but crazy nonetheless. Lets keep the momentum going.

While any road win especially in the conference is a good thing, lets not lose sight of the fact that UMASS was a worse team than us. They are now 1-5 in conference and 8-10 overall. It is not like we beat a top tier A10 team. Glad for the win but lets make sure we don't over inflate it and lose sight of the overall picture of where we are as a program..

Cheese:

We are all mbms. Would it really matter if we as mbms, g_d forbid, got excited about this team and lost sight of where we are as a program (wherever that may be)? Lets not over inflate our importance and lose sight of who we all really are -- message board nerds who love a mostly mediocre college basketball program. The last 2.5 games have been fun to watch - I want this to continue and I want to completely forget about the middle 3rd of the season. Now on to Dayton and our 3rd top 50 RPI win!!

Cheese:

We are all mbms. Would it really matter if we as mbms, g_d forbid, got excited about this team and lost sight of where we are as a program (wherever that may be)? Lets not over inflate our importance and lose sight of who we all really are -- message board nerds who love a mostly mediocre college basketball program. The last 2.5 games have been fun to watch - I want this to continue and I want to completely forget about the middle 3rd of the season. Now on to Dayton and our 3rd top 50 RPI win!!

Agreed.

Wow crazy turn around. I don't recall a stretch of scoring like this...ever. I mean against anyone good bad or otherwise we don't normally score like this under any coach. Just bizarre. It's exciting to watch.

Can Bishop keep this going and be on the all A10 team? Also can SLU keep this going and just sneak up on some teams that are looking at our record?

I'm so confused by this team.

Yes, it is very confusing. Hines and Bishop have confused us all. Why weren't they playing during the ugly non con losses? But the question that remains, does this team have the potential of Rick's teams? I don't think so, but only time will tell.

I must disagree with you MB, Pistols thread was good. No starters from the sophomore class in the resurgence and the good play continues without 1 of the 6 sophomore starting and if you want to win like the Billikens have won with Ricks players the recruiting must be better then a whole class of role players right now. I really enjoy seeing the sophomores play well and I liked the sophomore class that was recruited and signed. Unfortunately they have not been great players like Mike McCall, Cody Ellis, Kwmain Mitchell, those players played well as freshmen.

The Sophs aren't starting, but they sure provided the difference today. Bartley, Roby and Reynolds all stepped up...Bench scoring was 46-9 for crying out loud. Maybe a little competition was all that was needed to get those guys to be productive. I am afraid when Yarbrough returns, though. The last 7 halves, in which SLU has averaged over 45 points per half, have basically been without Milik. When he recovers from his concussion, does he get in at all?