GDT: Sign Guy Spectacular (UMass Minutepeople vs. SLU)

kwyjibo

GMU (one of the worst teams in the A10) figured out how stop this new offense. Shut down the guards (JB, AH, MR & MB) were 10 of 34 for a 29%. For the Davidson games the same four players shot 15/24 for a sizzling 62%.

Another positive I am seeing are the T/O totals. If we can maintain it in the single digits, that's great.

Can we maintain this? No. We don't have that type talent. The season is a lost cause, so let the offense cut loose. On particular nights it will be very entertaining.

Another thing is recruiting. 3 and 4 star players love high scoring fast offense.

What I love to see is a coach, who can recruit and play this type offense.

I think this is where college basketball wants to go with all these rule changes to some how speed up the game & discourage this lock-down defense some teams (ala Majerus teams, didn't mind it when he employed it :) ) so successfully employ.

Mason didn't stop the offense. We averaged over a point per procession in that game. It wasn't a power house offense that game, but it was good enough. That is saying a lot for what we have seen most of this season. We were just God awful defensively.

That said, I just don't think we match up well with Dayton at all. I think that game is going to be ugly.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not complicated, Bishop makes everyone on the team better. Not saying he won't have rough days, but he is a true PG. He sees the

floor, get's us into an offense much quicker than Reynolds, Barkley or Roby. He knows how to enter the ball to the post. His brain movesfaster than his feet. Really important for a PG. We're making more shots, because players are in a better position to score, free throw shooting is better and the TO's are enormously reduced. A good recipe for more scoring. His defense has already improved. It will only

get better.

He let's everyone else on the team concentrate on what they can do. Round pegs in round holes!

Are we good, no, I don't think so. But, we are much better and it shows that the sophomore class does have some skills. By the way,

Crawford is really struggling and I wouldn't be surprised to see him not play Wednesday.