something good to say

billiken_roy

let's take a run at trying to say something good about last night. i will start.

i thought the billiken club christmas party was nice. thank you billiken club.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are being sarcastic, but here are some stats from the game. The offense was working well last night, the defense not so much. We out shot the Sycamores in FG and 3 Ptr, but lost heavily at the FT line.

Billikens were 26 of 50 FG, (52%), 8 of 16 from 3 (50%), but 8 of 14 from the FT (57%).

Sycamores were 22 of 53 FG (42%), 6 of 23 3 FG (26%) but 26 of 32 FT (82%)

Lost the TO battle 13 to 22. (Maybe the worst stat of the night for the Bills.) Fouls were 18 to 29, with many 6 to 8 fouls committed in the final 2 minutes.

I know you are being sarcastic, but here are some stats from the game. The offense was working well last night, the defense not so much. We out shot the Sycamores in FG and 3 Ptr, but lost heavily at the FT line.

Billikens were 26 of 50 FG, (52%), 8 of 16 from 3 (50%), but 8 of 14 from the FT (57%).

Sycamores were 22 of 53 FG (42%), 6 of 23 3 FG (26%) but 26 of 32 FT (82%)

Lost the TO battle 13 to 22. (Maybe the worst stat of the night for the Bills.) Fouls were 18 to 29, with many 6 to 8 fouls committed in the final 2 minutes.

Not sure if you meant ME or the OP being sarcastic. I was not being sarcastic. I hate the direction things are going as well as anyone, but we did have a good time overall at the game.

Kids also got a kick out of the jugglers and the Yeti and the guy on stilts too.

And I was keeping up with the running stats on the scoreboard all night and noticed that we were beating them in all aspects except turnovers and free throws.

The offense was working well last night, the defense not so much.

I only watched a few stretches of the game (some in the 1st half and early 2nd half when they came back and when they built their lead), but you thought the offense was working well last night? I see the number of TOs and 30 points with 14 minutes to play and question how good the offense was. It seems like our offense is at its best when fighting back from being blown out while looking completely lost in the heart of the game. Also, getting 19 points (15 on 5/6 shooting from 3) from a guy with a jacked shot (have never seen a guy fly open so extremely like that) doesn't seem likely to happen again this year.

Santa was very impressive, plus free picture! The balloons, painters, performers the last few games have been worth coming just for that stuff alone if you have kids or grand kids. The last few games the stuff during the games is better too with lion king, good music, not too loud, it's fun and my grand kids loved it. Now if only team can catch up to game day entertainment/festivities we will be back in business. Kudos to the athletic department for making lemonade out of lemons.

Santa was very impressive, plus free picture! The balloons, painters, performers the last few games have been worth coming just for that stuff alone if you have kids or grand kids. The last few games the stuff during the games is better too with lion king, good music, not too loud, it's fun and my grand kids loved it. Now if only team can catch up to game day entertainment/festivities we will be back in business. Kudos to the athletic department for making lemonade out of lemons.

My son has loved that stuff the last few games.

Obviously there is very little to brag about in terms of on-court performance at this point, however, with the right coach and the right system, I think we can turn this around fairly quickly.

The A-10 doesn't exactly have 'royalty' that can be penciled in at the top of the conference standings every year, especially now that VCU has abdicated the throne (at least for the time being). Even minor changes (inspiring coach, new system, player attitude) can have a significant effect. Finishing .500 in conference usually will get a team into the top half of the standings. This is obviously not our ultimate goal, but would certainly be seen as an improvement. We also have one of the best arenas in the league, and hopefully the commitment of a willing administration.

When I was at SLU, we had to drive down to an empty Savvis Center to watch the Bills suck. It's much better to suck in the empty, yet beautiful confines of Chaifetz Arena.

We have the table set and the liquor poured....we just accidentally burned the sh!t out of the steak.

They were on TV and I got to "enjoy" them from the confines of the friendly couch in Maryland.

Roby a positive? Absolutely. Having said that, the issue is that we have like one positive per game and the rest are on hiatus. Reynolds a positive? I guess so --- we are so short on multiple positives and Miles has shown the most in terms of "comeback player of the year" (he did NOTHING last year), so okay. But Miles got blown by a lot .... as did Roby ... as did Bartley .... as did Bishop. Our bigs don't intimidate so the layups are there for the taking. Crawford was a no-show again and is credited with 6 turnovers.

I read Stu's column today and saw the one question/comment where the poster ended with the question "is Crews coaching for this year or next?" Next year we essentially trade Yacoubou for Moore. Surer, we will add Welmer but given the Gillmann-Jolly-Neufeld progression, I am not impressed. Here's hoping there is hope.

You can quote all the stats you want, but to me the bigger question is why do we do so well, statistically-speaking, yet fail on the final score? And a follow on to that is why do we seem to take the entire middle portion of the game off? We are putting up stats,but they either aren't helping, or they are coming when we are so far down and the other team is just running clock that it doesn't matter.

While it is stunning to see them get 32 fouls shots in our building, with our defense, I am not too surprised. And the tri-headed five of Gillmann/Jolly/Neufeld threw up another zero in the stat line (although Neufeld didn't play).

They were on TV and I got to "enjoy" them from the confines of the friendly couch in Maryland.

Roby a positive? Absolutely. Having said that, the issue is that we have like one positive per game and the rest are on hiatus. Reynolds a positive? I guess so --- we are so short on multiple positives and Miles has shown the most in terms of "comeback player of the year" (he did NOTHING last year), so okay. But Miles got blown by a lot .... as did Roby ... as did Bartley .... as did Bishop. Our bigs don't intimidate so the layups are there for the taking. Crawford was a no-show again and is credited with 6 turnovers.

I read Stu's column today and saw the one question/comment where the poster ended with the question "is Crews coaching for this year or next?" Next year we essentially trade Yacoubou for Moore. Surer, we will add Welmer but given the Gillmann-Jolly-Neufeld progression, I am not impressed. Here's hoping there is hope.

You can quote all the stats you want, but to me the bigger question is why do we do so well, statistically-speaking, yet fail on the final score? And a follow on to that is why do we seem to take the entire middle portion of the game off? We are putting up stats,but they either aren't helping, or they are coming when we are so far down and the other team is just running clock that it doesn't matter.

While it is stunning to see them get 32 fouls shots in our building, with our defense, I am not too surprised. And the tri-headed five of Gillmann/Jolly/Neufeld threw up another zero in the stat line (although Neufeld didn't play).

Right on....when was the last time our team under Majerus allowed 52 points in a half -- at home to a losing team from a lesser conference to boot?

Right on....when was the last time our team under Majerus allowed 52 points in a half -- at home to a losing team from a lesser conference to boot?

Earth to Venice Menace- In between bong loads you may want to consider extinguishing the torch you carry for Rickma. While he was the greatest Billikens coach that you are I may ever see, he's gone. Sure, on a regular basis, I re-watch the Washington game, the Charlotte Miracle, Round 2 with Memphis, and, what is definitely my favorite Billiken's loss of all time, the 3rd round Michigan State game. Both Conklin and I broke down in tears when that one was over.

All that is in the past. It's time to move forward. I don't blame Majerus for bringing in the cancer that is Jim Crews, and Majerus' teams shouldn't be compared to the current team. It's far too painful.