2015 Commit - Jermaine Bishop

slufan13

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that you need a midrange game to open up other pieces, but it still should be off of penetration and should consist of 10' - 15' jumpers ala Jett. Any shot from 15' - 20' is a bad one.

Jett was famous for the 18 foot jumper. I agree with your point but that wasn't the best example

Has there ever been a SLU roster before with everyone listed at 6'1" or taller?

Not sure about that but if even two or three of the big guys come along well on their development and contribute we will have

some big line up options should JC elect to go that way. SLU has never had this kind of length so if say AG, MN or maybe EW

come along it will give us some new options for SLU for sure.

In case any New Yorkers are interested in "seeing the kid play," Jermaine Bishop's team is playing at Baruch College today at 7:30. I will be there and will post a review this evening.

It will be Bishop and NY's Mr. Basketball (Matt Ryan), who is a Notre Dame commit, against Jessie Govan, a G-Town commit, and Desure Buie, a Hofstra commit who has been mentioned on this board.

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1751222

I agree that I would love to see that improvement, but there is a lot of great articles and metrics in recent years indicating that the absolute worst shot in basketball is the midrange jumper because the risk/reward is insufficient. The most efficient offense would include great 3-point shooters, slashers who can get to and finish at the rim, and big men who can rebound and finish in the paint. Dawyne Evans, Mike McCall, Rob Loe, and Jordair Jet were all ideal in an efficient offense because they all brought one or more of these strengths. I would like to see our returning guards work on the strength and explosiveness to get to the rim and finish their drives.

Bo ryans and CRM's defensive game plan.

There's a difference from someone committing in spring, but you've been recruiting them for a long time (Loe, Jett) and someone committing in spring, but you're only going after them because you need to fill scholarships and you either haven't been recruiting or you missed on all your main targets (Lancona, Agbeko)

In case any New Yorkers are interested in "seeing the kid play," Jermaine Bishop's team is playing at Baruch College today at 7:30. I will be there and will post a review this evening.

It will be Bishop and NY's Mr. Basketball (Matt Ryan), who is a Notre Dame commit, against Jessie Govan, a G-Town commit, and Desure Buie, a Hofstra commit who has been mentioned on this board.

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1751222

Did you post a review on this game that I did not see?

He was terrible in the one game i saw him play. Message board opinions matter little, especially for players that i dont watch.

All that aside, the NBA has long had a thing for tall stiffs. He hasnt actually played in the nba yet, and that very article is already implying things by wording like "india's top businesssman".

Remains to be seen if the enormous aggie can do anything. My initial guess is no, but obviously he holds his fate in his own hands. I wouldnt have wanted him on the slu bench, his build was terrible for the college game and dwight evans exposed that. Dont know the guy personally so wish the ogre the best in his efforts to go pro. Rise and grind.

It was an all star game, let's hold the coronation of JB as the next Kwamain, and Neufeld as the next Willie "Applebee's" Reed. Yes, I do understand your sarcasm.

That wasn't sarcasm, these guys sound promising & could give us the kind of back to back recruiting classes that Majerus brought.

That wasn't sarcasm, these guys sound promising & could give us the kind of back to back recruiting classes that Majerus brought.

All recruits sound promising once they are signed and we watch a video clip where they never miss.

You should see the accolades people heap on commits if they may have had an offer from a power 6 school.

Here's hoping bishop is a good player but it's really just hope at this point...