Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Could be anticipating another commitment this week and will do them in tandem? Just speculating.

If Jacobs announced his commitment then that is OK but the NCAA does not allow the school to comment on it until the NL signing period and the letter has been received by the school..  

Zink likes this

24 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Could be anticipating another commitment this week and will do them in tandem? Just speculating.

Don't tease us like that.

I want the Icelandic kid more than I've ever wanted a player that I have never seen play, even in highlight videos.  Mostly because his middle name is Thor.  And if he's half as good as his brother, he'd be a damn good player.

51 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Don't tease us like that.

I want the Icelandic kid more than I've ever wanted a player that I have never seen play, even in highlight videos.  Mostly because his middle name is Thor.  And if he's half as good as his brother, he'd be a damn good player.

That's how I felt about Justyn Mutts. :(

7 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Is the Jacob’s dad a current coach, was in the past or has ever seen someone coach?  Then we should bring him aboard.

Franchise you seem to be one of the smartest guys on this board.  That being said please shut up.  He's the next Frank Mason lll. 

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

That's how I felt about Justyn Mutts. :(

A box classic thanks for the laugh.  If we miss out on Thor there is always Kofi Cockburn for 2019.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, Pistol said:

It has to be Ingvi Gudmundsson; there's no trace of Bragi on the national basketball website. He's two years younger than Jon Axel, who will be a junior, so it stands to reason that Ingvi would be immediately eligible as a freshman in the fall, as JAG was two seasons ago.

His numbers for the U20 national team aren't great, but it's really hard to project international guys based on national team statistics.

He starts for Grindavik in the Domino's (yes, that is really the sponsor of Iceland's top league) League. He averaged 10.9, 3.9, and 3.5 this past season. JAG played for the same team before coming to Davidson, so I'm guessing Ingvi would also be eligible without any issues. JAG averaged 15.0, 8.0, and 5.3 in the league during his last season. Given his production at Davidson thus far, if we're recruiting a second-tier version of Jon Axel Gudmundsson, I'm fine with that.

Ingvi is anywhere from 6-3 to 6-7, from what I can find; his brother is about 6-4, 190. Where I can find his height in cm, he measures from about 199 to 201, so about 6-5+. I'm sure the big range has to do with the last time some of these sources were updated.

His middle name is Thor.

Consider it signed, checked and sealed.

He’ll be a Billiken.

15 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Consider it signed, checked and sealed.

He’ll be a Billiken.

TheOne, you have any details to add to Pistol's summary about this guy? I apologize in advance if you've given more detail and I just missed it.

And thanks for your valuable posts on billikens.com! Every time I see that you've posted in a thread I get all excited like JoJo the idiot circus boy!

Image result for jojo the idiot circus boy

RiseAndGrind likes this

2 minutes ago, slulurker said:

Sources in Iceland confirm that he has signed. http://www.grindavik.is/v/21181

Thanks for sharing about a head taller than coach Ford 6’ 4 maybe.