Jordair Jett

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the comments regarding SLU from the STLToday.com basketball board: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1006736.

The problem is the misinformed arrogance of the Missouri fans. They are talking about things like how SLU plays in the weak A10 conference. Really? Then they talk about this being our only successful year in a long time. Seriously? It is one thing to be biased. It is completely another thing to be just plain ignorant of the facts.

Me and several friends have noticed that all Mizzou fans ignore facts... They just argue with opinion.

Mizzou hasn't really accomplished anything in basketball recently. Yeah, they get some nice recruits but that's about it. We have won more tournament games, conference championships, garnered more national attention, and have achieved higher national rankings on average in the last 3 years. And that says a lot considering that our recruits are not necessarily as highly rated, though that does not really take into consideration that our recruits are more academically competent and motivated to succeed on and off the court. If Mizzou cannot even get a CBI invite with a bench full of 4/5 star recruits, yet SLU can have one of the best teams in the country without a single 4 star recruit on the active roster, then it is undeniably clear which program is superior.

There are some very disturbed folks living in Boone County these days. I think our national ranking really got to 'em. Also, they're probably po'd that JJ will be drafted by the NFL before any of their FB players.

Do you watch any college football? Mizzou's basketball program is ripe for ridicule, but not so much with the football program.

Mizzou hasn't really accomplished anything in basketball recently. Yeah, they get some nice recruits but that's about it. We have won more tournament games, conference championships, garnered more national attention, and have achieved higher national rankings on average in the last 3 years. And that says a lot considering that our recruits are not necessarily as highly rated, though that does not really take into consideration that our recruits are more academically competent and motivated to succeed on and off the court. If Mizzou cannot even get a CBI invite with a bench full of 4/5 star recruits, yet SLU can have one of the best teams in the country without a single 4 star recruit on the active roster, then it is undeniably clear which program is superior.

They did have a pretty awesome team in 2011-2012 despite the pathetic loss to Norfolk State.

The past two seasons have been unwatchable with teams of new players with no concept of team. SLU is such a better team than Mizzou and the Illini this year it is not even debatable. SLU is more talented, tougher, smarter, and better coached than Mizzou. Not sure what Mizzou could boast other than maybe having two guys that could play in the NBA, but that is it. Enjoy what SLU is doing because we have a special core group of players poised to make some more noise this spring.

The end Norfolk St/Mizzou and then all of the SLU/Memphis game 2 years ago, was probably the best 2 1/2 hours of my sports watching life.

Was pretty great getting to the arena and catching the end of that on one of the concourse TVs, before Kwam took his nuts out with the, "HE SHOT THAT ONE FROM THE PARKING LOT" three... take me back...

Was pretty great getting to the arena and catching the end of that on one of the concourse TVs, before Kwam took his nuts out with the, "HE SHOT THAT ONE FROM THE PARKING LOT" three... take me back...

Even better was the pride I could take in my team while the rest of my friends were whining and moaning, and even CRYING because they got upset. And then even better was the game that truly marked the beginning of the rise of the Billikens. Columbus and San Jose were two of the best experiences of my life.

The end Norfolk St/Mizzou and then all of the SLU/Memphis game 2 years ago, was probably the best 2 1/2 hours of my sports watching life.

That was great. Saw the ending of that game amongst a bunch of SLU fans in the arena in Columbus. We were celebrating Mizzou's loss, and I'm sure some people didn't understand why. I then had to try to calm myself down for tip-off of SLU's game.

If you showed me this stat line from last night:

37 minutes, 5-12, 0-0, 0-3, 4 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 0 blocks, 6 turnovers, and 1 foul

And asked me to blindly guess which D-I player it was, I probably would have said Jett.

Jett's 11 assists are tied for 7th all-time for a SLU single-game record.

If you showed me this stat line from last night:

37 minutes, 5-12, 0-0, 0-3, 4 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 0 blocks, 6 turnovers, and 1 foul

And asked me to blindly guess which D-I player it was, I probably would have said Jett.

Jett's 11 assists are tied for 7th all-time for a SLU single-game record.

Lots of sloppy play, but lots of great things too. How sweet was his behind the back dribble off of JB's bad pass/turnover and then JJ hits the runner.

Lots of sloppy play, but lots of great things too. How sweet was his behind the back dribble off of JB's bad pass/turnover and then JJ hits the runner.

That was unreal. And well timed.

• 3 weeks later...