Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read into this whole thing that his interaction with the media is being staged by someone who wants him to go to Mizzou. Couple this with the fact that SLU doesn't want to/doesn't know how to play that game and you get all of the indicators pointing at SPUMAC, perhaps with no real substance behind them.

I've read into this whole thing that his interaction with the media is being staged by someone who wants him to go to Mizzou. Couple this with the fact that SLU doesn't want to/doesn't know how to play that game and you get all of the indicators pointing at SPUMAC, perhaps with no real substance behind them.

Bingo

I think that's pessimistic. It hard to travel right now. Rather I'm focusing on the fact that its been quiet on the Mizzou front. Think positive. Positive.

The thing that is confusing to me is the timing of when he plans to visit SLU if he indeed plans to visit (which I've heard he does). We are leaving today and won't be back until Saturday after the Dayton game.

Maybe he plans to wait until Sunday for a visit. I suppose a couple of our coaches could fly home and host him for a day mid-week. That being said, why not have done the visit earlier when everyone was around?

Of course maybe its already a done deal as the Mizzou people and the naysayers on this site will tell you but to me the longer it goes without him committing to Mizzou after his visit there, the better it is for us.

I think that is true with regards to the articles written by Mizzou beat writers and those that cover Mizzou for recruiting sites, but the slant in those articles should be expected by us since they are catering to a Mizzou audience. I wish we had similar articles to those written by Dave Matter from a SLU beat writer or someone that covers SLU recruiting for a recruiting site. I have also seen tweets from Frank C most notably this one:

Cameron Biedsheid's Mizzou visit described from a close source as "great, but hasn't committed but leaning that way." #MIZZOUtigers

I think Frank tends to be a SLU guy, so I doubt he would be knowingly slanting what he is hearing.

At this point I will just be happy that he visited Mizzou and came back without committing, so I like to believe our chances are still the same as we thought when he initially announced he was transferring.

And over on tigerboard I found this nugget.

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=11462218

What a ******. In the thread he says he doesn't follow this board but I'm 99% sure he's the same guy that used to post over here under the same name.

Notice who's been over there keeping him honest.

Here is my take on the Biedscheid situation. Sorry for any redundancies with other posters:

1) With Ben W. being in Israel and Tom T. not covering this type of story for whatever reason, all the info being leaked has a clear Mizzou lean. That means that the people (perhaps even the "sources") who are covering this story are all getting their information from most likely Mizzou people and reporting it through a Mizzou lens. I am not blaming Cusamano, Matter, DeArmand or anyone else for doing their job, just saying that is how this info is being presented.

2) That Cam hasn't committed to Mizzou is a good thing. He visited, he presumably has an offer and there was momentum for him to commit. The only other school we know for sure he is considering is SLU, so it would seem he wants to at least check the Billikens out now.

3) I guess Cam probably hasn't visited, but who knows for sure. If he were to have visited SLU, who would have even reported that? It's in his home city so it would've made sense for him to do it over the weekend.

My gut tells me he is leaning Tigers, but I definitely still think there is a shot that Cam winds up at SLU.

Without any word of a SLU visit so far, any idea when he would visit? Mid-next week? Starting with two road games is unfortunate timing.

When is the deadline for him in order to be enrolled this semester, and therefore eligible in the middle of next season?

Without any word of a SLU visit so far, any idea when he would visit? Mid-next week? Starting with two road games is unfortunate timing.

When is the deadline for him in order to be enrolled this semester, and therefore eligible in the middle of next season?

The spring semester starts the beginning of next week. I would think that he needs to be enrolled prior to then.

I would think you could go a little bit past that date.

You can, I pretty sure Cody Ellis didnt arrive until after the second semester started. That being said, if the staff feels the Cam is a big priority(which they do), a staff member or two can fly back in between RI and Dayton to show Cameron around the school and facilities

Horrible format. I'd probably spend a little more time there if the format were more like it is here. (But don't worry, this is and would still be my #1 place to talk hoops!)

Not being drunk, I realize railing against Mizzou is just going to make our fanbase look silly.

I still don't like them, but it is what it is here.

Here is my take on the Biedscheid situation. Sorry for any redundancies with other posters:

1) With Ben W. being in Israel and Tom T. not covering this type of story for whatever reason, all the info being leaked has a clear Mizzou lean. That means that the people (perhaps even the "sources") who are covering this story are all getting their information from most likely Mizzou people and reporting it through a Mizzou lens. I am not blaming Cusamano, Matter, DeArmand or anyone else for doing their job, just saying that is how this info is being presented.

2) That Cam hasn't committed to Mizzou is a good thing. He visited, he presumably has an offer and there was momentum for him to commit. The only other school we know for sure he is considering is SLU, so it would seem he wants to at least check the Billikens out now.

3) I guess Cam probably hasn't visited, but who knows for sure. If he were to have visited SLU, who would have even reported that? It's in his home city so it would've made sense for him to do it over the weekend.

My gut tells me he is leaning Tigers, but I definitely still think there is a shot that Cam winds up at SLU.

Pretty much agree with everything you're saying. I think it's a house divided (SLU/Mizzou) and it'll end up falling Mizzou's way. So be it.

Also - anyone know much about his H.S. coach? It seems to me he would be the likely "source" many are citing.