Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

That's a great suggestion for the next "annual" Billikens,com message board gathering!

On the past couple of pages we have spent more time on wearing caps then the thread topic, but what's new?

Next comes the always clever 50/50 post.

Nothing really new. Cam went to Columbia and met with the coaches today. Let's hope he visits SLU soon.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing really new. Cam went to Columbia and met with the coaches today. Let's hope he visits SLU soon.

My sources confirmed that his parents are currently out to dinner with the coaching staff and he is currently getting private lap dances from the Mizzou Golden Girls. He's going to be a Tiger.

It's hard for those of us in the 30-45 age bracket - i.e. those of us who spent our formative years watching vintage SportsCenter religiously in the early 90s - to fathom that someone could have followed college basketball in that era and not remember a player like Calbert Cheaney. But if you're old enough that you've been watching college basketball since the 70s or longer, and you view the early 90s as just another era rather than a "golden age" (right before everyone starting going pro early), then you probably forgot every player who wasn't directly tied to the team you followed or went onto celebrated NBA careers.

in regards to the kids too young to remember him - i.e. the recruits - I think people are missing the point in regards to what Calbert Cheaney brings to the table.

This is a guy who went to the Final 4 (beating Shaq's Tigers, the Cassell/Ward/Sura Seminoles, and then top seeded UCLA),. He played for a legendary coach, won the Big 10 when the conference was absolutely stacked with NBA talent (including the Fab 5), and oh yeah was named National POY. His NBA career pales in comparison to his college career, but he played alongside many very good players at different points of his 13 year career and even drew the assignment of guarding Michael Jordan during the 1997 playoffs - sure the Bullets were swept in 3 and Jordan averaged 37 PPG - but the point is that Calbert Cheaney lived that experience.

It's not important that recruits know who Calbert Cheaney is before they meet him. Cheaney's ability to engage and bond with these kids is what really counts.

Agreed. I have not read anything that makes me overly concerned to this point. I think the only reports have been that he has been contacted by Mizzou, is visiting, and is interested in Mizzou along with SLU. I would imagine similar articles could be written with regards to SLU.

Yes similar articles could probably be written in regards to SLU but they are not and one can only wonder why not.

How often have heard that a visit went poorly? - my point is of course the visit went well for CB at Missouri but that does not mean anything one way or the other. Where he will land - who knows.

My best friend always says that Chaifetz is filled with more old men wearing hats than any other place in the world.

Seriously look around next time and the amount of older gentlemen wearing baseball caps is astonishing.

Arms folded throughout the game.

if CB wants to be praised by fellow students and get with multiple hot women, go to mizzou. if CB wants to be looked upon by senior citizen zombies and hardly recognized on campus and not get any from prude religious types, go to SLU

if CB wants to be praised by fellow students and get with multiple hot women, go to mizzou. if CB wants to be looked upon by senior citizen zombies and hardly recognized on campus and not get any from prude religious types, go to SLU

Clearly this is not true - see Mitchell and Reed incident.

Wtf is this post?

NYB, I would think that because it's your alma mater and your favorite basketball team, you would want to figure out how to sell it, rather than tout the competition. That's part of maturing.

Might Cam be a lot more susceptible to picking up an STD at Mizzou than at SLU? That's what you should be saying. I'm as serious as AIDS.

For those who are shocked that some of us didn't know who Calbert Cheaney was, keep in mind that just because we are Billiken fans doesn't mean that we are ardent fans of all basketball. I have followed the Billikens since the early '80s and have had season tickets since around '92, but, other than literally a few NCAA championship games, I have never watched a non-Billiken game from beginning to end. I have never seen Michael Jordan play for more than a few minutes or highlights. This goes for all team sports. They simply do not interest me. Other than for the playoffs, I would pass on any and all Cardinals or Rams tickets 100% of the time, unless I had to go to entertain clients which I have had to do way too many times. I probably would not even go to a World Series game unless the tickets were REALLY good (to be fair, that I have done multiple times with tickets right behind the dugout).

Now, if I told you that Kenneth French was going to be teaching at the Business School, most of you, even business majors, would probably be unimpressed because you wouldn't know or remember who Kenneth French is. Doesn't make you any less of a business person, it's just that it is not where your real interests are. However, those of us who have studied financial economics and are passionate about the subject, know all about Kenneth French and his work and would be very excited that he was teaching at our alma mater.

Simple as that. Oh, and I have about as much interest in watching Sports Center as I do in carving out my eyeballs with rusty spoons, so...