Bills by 24 over Wofford

The Wiz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extreme long shot to be ranked after winning out our non-con sched.

Michigan is hanging on to #25 in the coaches poll with a 6-3 record including losses to Illinois State and Charlotte. They have no "signature" wins that I'm aware of. Obviously they had help starting at #9 in the preseason rankings, but if that resume can get you to #25, then I'd say a 13-2 team with only losses to #'s 10 and 12 has better than an "extreme long shot" at being ranked.

Michigan is hanging on to #25 in the coaches poll with a 6-3 record including losses to Illinois State and Charlotte. They have no "signature" wins that I'm aware of. Obviously they had help starting at #9 in the preseason rankings, but if that resume can get you to #25, then I'd say a 13-2 team with only losses to #'s 10 and 12 has better than an "extreme long shot" at being ranked.

Would hope you're right, but it seems the name 'Saint Louis' is our biggest deterrent, not the record. The voters disrespect/ignorance knows no bounds. We won't have any signature W's to speak of, ourselves.

The ISU (B+ ) game will get us some votes if we win but not enough to get ranked. After that the Vandy (B- maybe B by the time they play us) game is worth some additional votes. ....Don't know if that will be enough though to be in the poll. So it is possible, if we win the next 4 games, we could be ranked. If we fall short we may have to win the next 7 to get into the top 25.

Just win.

Would hope you're right, but it seems the name 'Saint Louis' is our biggest deterrent, not the record. The voters disrespect/ignorance knows no bounds. We won't have any signature W's to speak of, ourselves.

Agreed. I'm not saying we will be ranked for sure. I'm just thinking if we aren't, we should be pretty damn close (26-30), and if we expect to be 26-30 at worst than we have better than a long shot.

Just win, baby.

Random thoughts:

The Terriers (Wofford) mark the beginning of SLU playing 3 dog mascots in the next 5 games (along with the NC A&T and Yale Bulldogs). SLU had a run of bird mascots to begin the year (SEMO Redhawks, Oral Roberts Eagles, Bowling Green Falcons, Rockhurst Hawks).

No one on Wofford's roster is listed as being taller than 6-8 (and neither of the 6-8 guys gets a ton of PT). I would assume we won't be worrying about rebounding like we were after the Valpo game.

Random thoughts:

The Terriers (Wofford) mark the beginning of SLU playing 3 dog mascots in the next 5 games (along with the NC A&T and Yale Bulldogs). SLU had a run of bird mascots to begin the year (SEMO Redhawks, Oral Roberts Eagles, Bowling Green Falcons, Rockhurst Hawks).

No one on Wofford's roster is listed as being taller than 6-8 (and neither of the 6-8 guys gets a ton of PT). I would assume we won't be worrying about rebounding like we were after the Valpo game.

A blood doner with no size.

I see Grandy going for 16 and 12.

Wofford is terrible. Bills 82 Wofford 47 They do have a pretty campus. I visited after a baseball showcase at Clemson when in high school and their coach offered me a scholarship. Oh what could have been, I proabably wouldn't be a message board moron.

Rather be a MBM than a terror.

Like i said .... no way this Billiken team should ever be favored by such a margin. Maybe in the future, if they get things fixed, but not now. There isn't a guy on this team who can shoot right now save Jett and we all know what I think of his mid-range game. What ever became of Mike McCall, jump shooter??? Sad when manning makes just as many threes as Loe.

But a win is a win.