Bills by 24 over Wofford

The Wiz

Wofford......where the school motto is.........Wo is me

This game marks the return of the cupcake. Wo checks in as a D- rated team. No analysis for this one. The only thing positive I have on them is that they are better than SIU-E.

Just win.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious ---- does anyone believe this team will ever win a game by 24 right now? How bad must Wofford be?

I think you're looking at the Billikens through your own myopic dark glasses right now. Going to Valpo is a tough game that no team that could avoid it would take. I'm very happy to get out of there with a victory. The two games we have lost have been to excellent competition. I'm not pleased about losing those two, nor am I wild about our centers our outside shooting, but we can get a lot better than we are right now.

I would think if we could get double digit wins against Wofford and Ind State we receive some votes in next week's polls.

Wofford is worth nothing....if we beat them by 24 ...we were supposed to....if we beat them by 44 the numbers stay pretty much the same and the voters don't care.

Ind St ( B+ ) would be a sweet win for a number of reasons which I will go into once I post the Ind St spread next week.

Curious ---- does anyone believe this team will ever win a game by 24 right now? How bad must Wofford be?

That's the negative taj view that we all know and love. Never mind that 4 of our 8 wins have been by 23 or more points!

Taj, any chance we can get a 7-9 conference prediction out of you? :)

yes Bowling green by 27, ORU by 17, SEMO by 23, and SIUE by 24 with second string getting huge minutes away........

Come one half empty crowd this team has some decent wins under their belt, and I think some of those decent wins may actually become good wins. Valpo, ORU are the first candidates, but ODU and BG have a chance to do well in their conferences. BG almost beat Xavier.

Yes I know we have not played that well against the zone, but we will continue to improve....valpo predominantly played zone in the second half and we snuck out of their with a win.

That's two dares on me, mr. kshoe. I'm keeping count. Just jump to the triple-dog-dare on the next one.

Just so you know, the first projection won't come until I have enough evidence based on the OOC schedule/results. Right now, I project a few teams well ahead of us right now. For example, GeeDub beats Maryland on a neutral floor. Heady.

That's two dares on me, mr. kshoe. I'm keeping count. Just jump to the triple-dog-dare on the next one.

Just so you know, the first projection won't come until I have enough evidence based on the OOC schedule/results. Right now, I project a few teams well ahead of us right now. For example, GeeDub beats Maryland on a neutral floor. Heady.

That's cool. Take your time. Typically your most notorious predictions/projections come after the third game of the conference schedule so we can all wait for the 7-9 to pop out about then.

If you want a little computer knowledge in determining your picks, Pomeroy's computer program predicts SLU by 8 over GW. That was before today's game which was a mild surprise as GW was expected to lose by 3 but won by 2. Maybe that spread moves to 7 now.

Pomeroy predicts the following conference records of top teams:

UMass 12-4

SLU 11-5

VCU 11-5

Dayton 10-6

GW 9-7

Richmond 9-7

That's cool. Take your time. Typically your most notorious predictions/projections come after the third game of the conference schedule so we can all wait for the 7-9 to pop out about then.

If you want a little computer knowledge in determining your picks, Pomeroy's computer program predicts SLU by 8 over GW. That was before today's game which was a mild surprise as GW was expected to lose by 3 but won by 2. Maybe that spread moves to 7 now.

Pomeroy predicts the following conference records of top teams:

UMass 12-4

SLU 11-5

VCU 11-5

Dayton 10-6

GW 9-7

Richmond 9-7

If ends up like this, conference tourney will be wide open. Also maybe 4 in.

Billikens trump the fighting Terriers. I understand where Taj Mahal 79 is coming from, ie no conference games are very easy and this year they could be downright difficult given some of the surprise teams that have suddenly come out of nowhere like GWU, UD, and GM. UMass was expected to be good, but not as good as they appear right now. If you get the chance, watch them, they're scary good. Could be a mover in the dance.

Billikens trump the fighting Terriers. I understand where Taj Mahal 79 is coming from, ie no conference games are very easy and this year they could be downright difficult given some of the surprise teams that have suddenly come out of nowhere like GWU, UD, and GM. UMass was expected to be good, but not as good as they appear right now. If you get the chance, watch them, they're scary good. Could be a mover in the dance.

If Wofford is really the "Fighting Terriers" and we don't neuter them, I will return my diplomas... Any team that loses to a terrier is a collection of feline losers.

Tough to see us beating anybody by 20 at this point

I don't see why. We just beat Valpo on the road, right? Valpo beat James Madison by 32 at home and Ball State by 19 on the road.

Wofford can't be any better than either of those teams. So if Valpo can do it, and we just beat Valpo, why couldn't we again?

Our average margins of victory this year is 17 points. That includes our recent 2 point win, as well as 9 and 10 point wins. If you include our two defeats, our average margin of victory is still 13.

We're a good team. Last year we were 5-3 on December 9th. This year we are 8-2. Last year our average margin of victory was 4.25 on December 9th (including defeats). This year it is 12.6. People need to chill the out.

Tough to see us beating anybody by 20 at this point

Wins by 20+ so far this season:

11/8 vs SEMO 87 - 64 (+23)

11/13 at SIUE 82 - 58 (+24)

11/23 vs Bowling Green 74 - 47 (+27)

12/3 vs Rockhurst 68 - 43 (+25)

SLU has played 10 games so far and won 4 of them by 20+ (also they beat Oral Roberts by 17 on 11/21), but somehow it is tough to see them beating Wofford (kenpom rating 249) by 20+.

Wins by 20+ so far this season:

11/8 vs SEMO 87 - 64 (+23)

11/13 at SIUE 82 - 58 (+24)

11/23 vs Bowling Green 74 - 47 (+27)

12/3 vs Rockhurst 68 - 43 (+25)

SLU has played 10 games so far and won 4 of them by 20+ (also they beat Oral Roberts by 17 on 11/21), but somehow it is tough to see them beating Wofford (kenpom rating 249) by 20+.

Kenpom rankings of previous 20+ victories:

SEMO - 162

SIUE - 313

BG - 227

Rockhurst - N/A

Average (excluding Rockhurst): 234

As RUBillsFan said, Wofford is 249. So if anything, we should be expecting a 20+ point victory (as The Wiz says).

NBTW.