Bills by 24 over Wofford

The Wiz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to the Bills, the Terriers had a great game shooting 55% from the 3 (3 extra 3's=9 pts) and 80% from the FT line (1 extra pt) .....and there is the extra 10 points.

This is why I don't do much analysis on a cupcake game....because even when a cupcake team has a great game and you have a bad game...it doesn't matter...you still win.

Yeah, a win is a win I guess. What's been bugging me is the sloppy play this season. Particularly passes that don't have a prayer of being completed. Unforced errors. I realize we have a new coach with his own ways, but I can't believe Rickma would have put up with the poor ball handling.

Yeah, a win is a win I guess. What's been bugging me is the sloppy play this season. Particularly passes that don't have a prayer of being completed. Unforced errors. I realize we have a new coach with his own ways, but I can't believe Rickma would have put up with the poor ball handling.

My take is that we play as good as our competition. Next game we will be better...why?...because we will be playing a better team.

I am pretty sure if you look at all the cupcake teams we played during Rickma's time, most of the time, you saw what you saw tonight. Rickma teams played up and down to the level of the competition. That is why we are used to seeing this year in and year out. I am getting SO SICK of seeing this level of whining on the board. This team is 9-2 right now...how many times did we see a Rickma team at SLU start the year at least 9-2? (Once, 2011-12, and the first two losses were to LMU and NM.) Every time I see someone say that Majerus wouldn't have dealt with so and so I wonder this: What team were they watching then?

Majerus led exactly ONE team to an NCAA tournament in Saint Louis. Yes, YES, he built this program to what it is today. But, still, we didn't see TONS of awesome play from the teams he coached. We saw many games with tons of turnovers, just like we saw tonight, that still ended in comfortable victories. We saw quite a few ugly games. So can we stop acting like this is an AWFUL level of play that we are seeing from this team. GET A GRIP! This is a perfectly acceptable, NCAA-caliber team we have here. During any of Rickma's years, we would have been VERY HAPPY with this team.

(Not picking on you in particular, White Pelican. More pointing to a general attitude lately on this board.)

I can agree the 18 turnovers last night were horrendous but for the most part this team has been very good at taking care of the ball, they just can't make open shots at this point in time. We had turnovers against Valpo, 8 against WSU, and 8 against Wisconsin. I will take that every game, just have to make shots

I am pretty sure if you look at all the cupcake teams we played during Rickma's time, most of the time, you saw what you saw tonight. Rickma teams played up and down to the level of the competition. That is why we are used to seeing this year in and year out. I am getting SO SICK of seeing this level of whining on the board. This team is 9-2 right now...how many times did we see a Rickma team at SLU start the year at least 9-2? (Once, 2011-12, and the first two losses were to LMU and NM.) Every time I see someone say that Majerus wouldn't have dealt with so and so I wonder this: What team were they watching then?

Majerus led exactly ONE team to an NCAA tournament in Saint Louis. Yes, YES, he built this program to what it is today. But, still, we didn't see TONS of awesome play from the teams he coached. We saw many games with tons of turnovers, just like we saw tonight, that still ended in comfortable victories. We saw quite a few ugly games. So can we stop acting like this is an AWFUL level of play that we are seeing from this team. GET A GRIP! This is a perfectly acceptable, NCAA-caliber team we have here. During alny of Rickma's years, we would have been VERY HAPPY with this team.

(Not picking on you in particular, White Pelican. More pointing to a general attitude lately on this board.)

I agree. Of course we could be playing a lot better especially on the offensive end but we are still off to a good start and have a NCAA caliber team. Another point to bring up jbizzle is that it seems that a lot of people are comparing this years team to last years which I don't think is fair. Last years team was probably the best team in SLU history and got a 4 seed in the tournament which is unheard of for SLU. This team is not as good as last years but I fully expect us to be dancing in March even if it's a 12 seed, god forbid