2013-2014 Schedule

Pistol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would have little to zero interest in playing SMS again. They screwed us a few years back.

Usually I wouldn't mind seeing another MVC team on the schedule, but the reality is we have 3 right now for the next 2 years with Indiana State, Wichita State, and SUCI, assuming the SUCI series is continuing.

With those 3, another ~4 game tournament, and Vandy, that is a lot of the non-con schedule already filled without the usual 3 or 4 cupcakes.

Maybe this is the new non-con strategy since our closest conference opponent is 360 miles away and the next closest is 300 miles from that one.

For anyone considering going to the Vandy game, you could turn the trip into one heck of a sports weekend.

Saturday - Predators vs. Kings in Nashville

Sunday - Titans vs. Texans in Nashville

Monday afternoon - Music City Bowl

Monday night - Billiken Game

And then stay for New Year's Eve.

@Pistol: you ever driven I-95 on the NE corridor ---- say any portion Boston to Richmond? I have taken to going down stoplight laden US 301 in MD to get to daughter in Raleigh. It's shorter but slower but the main thing is mental fatigue and road rage. Factor in MD and DC are some of the most liberal-run governments in the nation, they are handing out driver's licenses to folks who can't speak English, let alone understand road signs like "left lane ends --- 1500 feet." Also "Yield" is a four-letter word to most. Mason is a 7:00 pm start? That's about 100 miles and I will have to budget four hours drive time to ensure I get there for tipoff! GeeDub is better --- there it's the Metro.

As for Duquesne and Rhode Island --- you hit the nail on the head for weeknight games but Kingston could be like trying to drive to the Bahamas ---- they look close on the map but there is an obstacle. Instead of an ocean, it's called New York City. I long for the days of passing through Vandalia and Effingham and even Indy on I-70 west. And there is no rush hour here ---- it's always rush hour here! The worst time I ever had working three years in DC was on I-95 on a SUNDAY at Malfunction Junction in Springfield, VA. My ten-mile commute to work was an hour-and-a-half ---- on a GOOD day.

@HusakAttack --- it's on. I'll buy with my "shoe family beer fund." Seeing as Brooklyn/Barclays hosted the VMA's, wear the Miley outfit.

Taj, I lived in DC for 7 years, traffic is terrible and the same applies to all connections with Baltimore. The closer you get to either city the worst the traffic. Baltimore to Richmond is not an easy or fast drive. Could not agree more with you about the traffic in NYC, the NJ pike or even the Garden State Parkway. I do not think however that they drive they way they drive in the East Coast (Boston to past Richmond) because they are foreign and speak no English, they drive that way because that is the normal way to drive in the East Coast.

You're blaming liberal governments for missing SLU basketball games out east? You're getting soft, Taj.

My wife and I did a 15,360-mile road trip around These United States this past fall. We drove from Somerville to DC one day, with some stops in CT, NJ, and DE.

All I'm saying is no amount of scary foreign-born drivers or traffic or road rage or liberal politicians could keep me from a driveable SLU road game.

I like not driving. I always loved living overseas (Tokyo, Europe) and not having a car for long periods of time; and WALKING every single day.

I live less than 2 miles from my campus office. I bought a car last August 2012 and just turned 7K in 13 months. Actually, more than half of that was on 3 longs road trips. Generally I drive 30-40 miles per WEEK; or even less.

We were in Chicago recently and I literally could not believe what they charge in the Loop to park: like, $40-50 overnight! ouch!

repeat: I like NOT driving.

Thanks Obama?

Seriously - you blame President Obama for Taj's inability to drive a distance that he apparently thinks is offensive. If you want to complain about him at least be reasonable. I think you will find that most Billiken fans have some tracking system to be able to determine what is a reasonable distance to drive to see the Billikens destroy inferior competition.

I like not driving. I always loved living overseas (Tokyo, Europe) and not having a car for long periods of time; and WALKING every single day.

I live less than 2 miles from my campus office. I bought a car last August 2012 and just turned 7K in 13 months. Actually, more than half of that was on 3 longs road trips. Generally I drive 30-40 miles per WEEK; or even less.

We were in Chicago recently and I literally could not believe what they charge in the Loop to park: like, $40-50 overnight! ouch!

repeat: I like NOT driving.

I'm with you, 100%. Nothing gives me more stress than commuting. My wife and I have 1 car between us and I bike to work. The thing I miss most about living in Chicago is the El.

But I love road trips. I'm thinking I can get to at least 3 SLU road games this season, hopefully more. I'm not sure any will match the excitement that was my up-and-back trip to St. Bonaventure last season, though.

By the way, Taj, I'm willing to trade you I-70 through Illinois for some northeastern traffic. I've seen that Effing cross way too many times.

I'm not sure it's the liberal governments that are to blame for all the traffic but all these people that keep insisting on producing other people. I'm getting tired of it. They're really messing it up for the rest of us. I've recently stopped using a bike because it was requiring petroleum products to grease the chain. Also I wasn't sure if the metals were sourced from a sustainable mine that provided fair wages not knowing was affecting my conscience.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be in town around Christmas for that huge game against NC A&T.

never been to methdale, somehow eluding me after 3 years at o'fallon (IL, military brat) and 4 years of undergrad.. expecting big, big, rowdy, things following the Bills drubbing in cdale.

pray they stand all game. sitting was designed for the pre weight explosion Americans.