West Virginia - 125

Wichita St - 17

@Valpo - 68

Wofford - 256

Indiana St - 106

NC A&T - 221

@Vanderbilt - 85

Yale - 192

Really solid schedule. Seems like a limited amount of RPI anchors. Not the best schedule in the country but better than some of the clunkers Majerus gave us. We should be favored in all but maybe 3 games during the season. Certainly a solid chance at running the table in the non con.

Rockhurst again?!?! Ar least we only get 1 exhibition game.

Lots of easy roadtrips with SIUE, SIUC, and Valpo on the schedule. I hope to make all 3 plus Dayton.

Conference schedule may be a little more challenging than it could be but favorable road trips abound. Save for the last Umass date then heading to the Barclay's center. Tough turnaround for the defending champs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record and in my defense, I never used the "O" word. POTUS has nothing to do with the governments of the District and the state of Maryland.

But you heard it here first: if the name Marty O'Malley appears anywhere on a national ballot, my new island country home better have a cable provider with a dish package.

Her's a smattering of Marty's Greatest Hits as MD's two-term gov (all done by "executive order"/no ballot vote):

Legalized gay marriage.

Redistricting of voting regions.

In-state tuition for illegal immigrants.

Gun control.

Wind farms off the resort coast of Ocean City.

100% increase of vehicle tolls in the state.

Building of the nation's most expensive and shortest (and least used) toll road (suburban DC).

Legalized gambling (only mentioned because he was against that when he ran for gov).

Fired entire Public Service Commission from old gov, then put his campaign managers in charge with a pay raise.

Instituted "rain tax." (Look that up, you get taxed per square for the rain on your impermeable surfaces, like your house's roof).

Instituted "flush tax." (there's money down the toilet!).

Raised gas tax (ran on a "No New Taxes/Fees platform).

thicks/ABF can now delete/this or lock it. My rant is clearing.

I don't believe anyone has commented on this but this is the first time I can remember that we've had a 31 game regular season if you include Rockhurst.

Since people are so concerned about the Rockhurst game maybe they could just consider that an exhibition game, then we will have 2 exhibitions, like always.

Regarding regular-season games against non-Div.-I opponents, the biggest insult was the time SLU played a game — I think it was against UMSL — which counted towards SLU's record but not against the other team's. It was an exhibition for D-II team but a regular-season game for the D-I team. Sheesh!

I'm not sure it's the liberal governments that are to blame for all the traffic but all these people that keep insisting on producing other people. I'm getting tired of it. They're really messing it up for the rest of us. I've recently stopped using a bike because it was requiring petroleum products to grease the chain. Also I wasn't sure if the metals were sourced from a sustainable mine that provided fair wages not knowing was affecting my conscience.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be in town around Christmas for that huge game against NC A&T.

Better start walking now then!

Also, pretty sure it is ValpAraiso not ValpOraiso. I'm willing to let this one slide though because they call themselvse ValpO and the typo probably pisses bbtds off.

Actually when I was growing up in south St Louis my dad told me he went to college at Valpo I thought he had learned to make dog food. I didn't know at the time what he did all day.

It's actually named after the battle of Valparaiso, Chile during the War of 1812. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valparaiso

The captain of the USS Essex was one David Porter who was from the area of NW Indiana. That battle, despite Captain Porter losing his entire crew unnecessarily, came to be known for thumbing your nose at the British. When the area established it's own county, the county was called Porter and the county seat was Porterville. But after the popularity of the battle the name was changed to Valparaiso. As is typical in Indiana the pronunciation was changed to differentiate it from that Chilean city. Chilean City=Val-par-I-zo. Indiana city=Val-par-A-so.

It means vale of paradise in spanish.

Actually when I was growing up in south St Louis my dad told me he went to college at Valpo I thought he had learned to make dog food. I didn't know at the time what he did all day.

It's actually named after the battle of Valparaiso, Chile during the War of 1812. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valparaiso

The captain of the USS Essex was one David Porter who was from the area of NW Indiana. That battle, despite Captain Porter losing his entire crew unnecessarily, came to be known for thumbing your nose at the British. When the area established it's own county, the county was called Porter and the county seat was Porterville. But after the popularity of the battle the name was changed to Valparaiso. As is typical in Indiana the pronunciation was changed to differentiate it from that Chilean city. Chilean City=Val-par-I-zo. Indiana city=Val-par-A-so.

It means vale of paradise in spanish.

lookatallthesidontgivet-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As someone with little kids, that sucks. Halloween night is a big night...

Yeah, I don't get the logic of putting it on Halloween night. I know it is only an exhibition game, but I would expect attendance to be very poor. There are too many other things going on (kids trick-or-treating, folks staying home to pass out candy, various other halloween related parties, etc.)

I wonder why they aren't playing on Saturday, 11/2. Seems like a lot of other programs are playing exhibitions that night; looking locally, Xavier hosts Quincy and Cincinnati hosts Bellarmine. Fontbonne doesn't have anything on the schedule other than the SLU game until 11/16. Chaifetz has "Florida Georgia Line," whatever that is, on 11/1 but appears to be dark on 11/2. I don't get it.

I'd expect student turnout on Halloween to be weak.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI:

Thanks for the interest in Cougar Athletics. The public on sale for single game tickets will be October 21 at 9 a.m.

Go Cougars!

Lets crash their server that morning

Thanks for looking into this. I was curious about when single game tickets went on sale.

Assuming it is a "premium game" here is the pricing:

Premium Game Pricing

Cougar Reserved: $20

Red Zone: $18

General Admission: $14

For diehards that want to guarantee a tickets you could buy a season ticket package for $99 or a pick 7 for $70.

http://www.siuecougars.com/tickets/1314SeasonTixBrochure.pdf

It looks like if Wacha isn't up to snuff the season will be over a whole lot sooner. A lot is riding on this rookie. God, I really hope he comes through. I hate watching without the Cardinals in the playoffs.