Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old guy: I am making my statement on any 19-year-old kid who is a first round draft pick in his first year in the NBA. The bad choices he makes after that are all his.

Crews Control: nope.....always going to be FBJT. I have my reasons.

I'd wager that most of the local bball fans here have not seen Zeke Moore play. He plays for a really bad high school team. He transferred to Riverview Gardens because his dad got the head coaching job there. The good thing about playing for a bad team is it forces you to round out your game. Zeke no longer had the luxury of being a stand still jumpshooter, like he was at McCluer North.

Moore is 6'6 with decent quickness, a point guard handle and a legit jump shot. Average leaper. Good passer. Moves well enough laterally to develop into an above average defender. I posted back in March that of the next tier of local recruits (Ferguson, Gooch, Moore, Barnes) the last three all seemed like 10 min a game freshmen. Not because of their abilty but because they are so damned skinny. I also said that I would take Moore over the other Plan Bs + Sneed based on his basketball ability.

Edit:correcting link

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26450

I'd wager that most of the local bball fans here have not seen Zeke Moore play. He plays for a really bad high school team. He transferred to Riverview Gardens because his dad got the head coaching job there. The good thing about playing for a bad team is it forces you to round out your game. Zeke no longer had the luxury of being a stand still jumpshooter, like he was at McCluer North.

Moore is 6'6 with decent quickness, a point guard handle and a legit jump shot. Average leaper. Good passer. Moves well enough laterally to develop into an above average defender. I posted back in March that of the next tier of local recruits (Ferguson, Gooch, Moore, Barnes) the last three all seemed like 10 min a game freshmen. Not because of their abilty but because they are so damned skinny. I also said that I would take Moore over the other Plan Bs + Sneed based on his basketball ability.

Edit:correcting link

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26450

Moore over Sneed? You have my attention.

Maybe I put too much attention on player rankings and who schools have offered a player, but I do believe those 2 things tell us something. I'm not too high on Zeke Moore. He has his strengths, as does any other player with enough talent to make it to D1 ball, but he isn't anything extraordinary. I would take him as a last resort, and definitely not as an earlier signing. I admittedly have not seen him play, but he is

-A lowly ranked player

-A player on a bad team

-A player with offers only from not very good teams

Am I wrong for not being excited about him when we want Billiken basketball to GROW and not just get what they can get?

I will support any player who puts on a Bills jersey, and will hope for the best, there is a tendency on this forum to make superstars out of every potential recruit.

Guess we know where Crews is. Who would be the main target?

Yahoo shows us having interest in Zeke Moore who is on team Ramey.

Trevor Andershock@INBBallSource 21m21 minutes ago

Marty Simmons, Jim Crews, Greg Lansing, Porter Moser, Phil Martelli are all watching Team Ramey vs. Pumas Basketball. #NY2LASummerJam2K15

I bet Crews is psyched he doesn't have to hang with douches Cal, Roy, and K anymore.. Back with the old gang

I imagine I've seen Zeke Moore more than the rest of the board combined. I've played pickup with him at North.

He's a fallback. Very similar to Bartley. Long, lean, and a + shooter from deep. His other skills are at best average. I'm not as high on him as 3 star. He is 6'5 or 6'6 and is longer than that. He can score, that is his best skill right now. Sneed is a better player than him, I've seen it first hand.

I think Moore is underrated in the area. He gets no pub whatsoever. He's worth taking a flyer on, but so are the kids on Althoff or the kid on O'Fallon. We don't have a scorer on the roster, besides maybe Yarbrough, and we don't have a scorer who is also a shooter. He fits a role but I'm not sure if his other skills translate to an A-10 level starter.

Per his twitter feed, we offered him yesterday. He, Gooch and Ferguson are all mid major+ recruits in my opinion.

Who did we offer yesterday? It would be helpful to id players when they are being referred to.

Thanks.

Considering that Justin Tatum played at CBC, which, last time I looked, was not in Illinois, you've lost me.

Since he was talking about SIU-E, I assume he was talking about JT's time playing for the college in Ill, not his high school. Didn't JT play for McKendree?

New offer:

Zeke Moore: SG, 6-6, 175, Florissant, MO (Riverview Gardens)Offers: SLU, Evansville, Indiana State, Illinois State, Drake, Northern Illinois, UMKC, Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Jacksonville State. Interest: Mizzou, Illinois, St. Joe’s, Purdue, West Virginia, Tulsa, Northern Iowa, SIUC, Missouri State. Latest News: Moore picked up a SLU offer after Crews watched him on Team Ramey this summer. Scouting Report: Moore is a long, lean combo guard who can shoot the three. He has decent quickness and good handles. He needs to develop his frame, athleticism, passing, and defense. Twitter: @zeke_moore24

Considering that Justin Tatum played at CBC, which, last time I looked, was not in Illinois, you've lost me.

Yeah, not to mention there are some other players who have come from the Metro East since then with names like Roosevelt Jones, Kevin Lisch, Tommie Liddell, and Darius Miles, just to name a few.

Really interesting opinions on Moore. It seems like most of you think he's a stretch at this point, but he's definitely drawing interest from some good programs lately - Purdue, West Virginia, St. Joe's. Mizzou and Illinois are keeping an eye on him, as are some other schools. We're definitely his best offer at this point. He definitely scores a ton, but he's not on a good team. He's also incredibly skinny. Not much video available on him at this point.

He's flown way under the radar. I knew nothing about him to this point except his name and school. He'll be interesting to track.