The official Brett Jolly thread - Jolly Verbals to SLU

My hope is that they get Reynolds and sit on the last scholarship for the spring. After seeing how the team develops, they can then assess whether they are better off with a transfer, or with another frosh. Right now, this is how our schollies look (corrections welcome)

leaving in 2014: JB, MM, JJ, DE, RL

leaving in 2015: JM, GG

leaving in 2016: AM, AY

leaving in 2017 (assuming no RS): MC, RA, TL

leaving in in 2018 (assuming no RS): Jolly, Roby, Gillman, Bartley

Gillman and Jolly can't be evaluated as if they were going to play right away as they may not bring great excitement. However, bigs (especially big centers) shouldn't be evaluated like you would a guard or small forward. The question I ask myself is how good will they be in 3 years. I trust the staff that they both have a great upside to them. The better this program gets, the more we will see recruiting players for their junior and senior years. Since we don't recruit McDonald's All Americans we shouldn't be expecting players to contribute right away. Since we often wonder what recruits will make a quick impact pretty much shows the mediocrity of the program for a long time and up until Rickma started building a foundation.

Gillman and Jolly can't be evaluated as if they were going to play right away as they may not bring great excitement. However, bigs (especially big centers) shouldn't be evaluated like you would a guard or small forward. The question I ask myself is how good will they be in 3 years. I trust the staff that they both have a great upside to them. The better this program gets, the more we will see recruiting players for their junior and senior years. Since we don't recruit McDonald's All Americans we shouldn't be expecting players to contribute right away. Since we often wonder what recruits will make a quick impact pretty much shows the mediocrity of the program for a long time and up until Rickma started building a foundation.

+1 Excellent point. I think some of our fans don't grasp this point. As we have gotten better, it amazes me how the 9th, 10th, 11th man on the roster tend to get picked on. These guys are at least as good if not better than some beloved Billiken players from the past who got a LOT of playing time on less talented teams.

My hope is that they get Reynolds and sit on the last scholarship for the spring. After seeing how the team develops, they can then assess whether they are better off with a transfer, or with another frosh. Right now, this is how our schollies look (corrections welcome)

leaving in 2014: JB, MM, JJ, DE, RL

leaving in 2015: JM, GG

leaving in 2016: AM, AY

leaving in 2017 (assuming no RS): MC, RA, TL

leaving in in 2018 (assuming no RS): Jolly, Roby, Gillman, Bartley

I'm excited about a lot of our recruits and think we've been bringing in talented guys, but this scares the out of me. I'm gonna miss that class big time.

I'm excited about a lot of our recruits and think we've been bringing in talented guys, but this scares the ###### out of me. I'm gonna miss that class big time.

at least the staff did a great job of addressing this problem by getting a stud transfer like Ash

Exactly why I've been saying for over a month now that the 3 frosh need to play to gain valuable experience for next year and beyond.

Obviously, that presumes they are as good as their press clippings.

I'm excited about a lot of our recruits and think we've been bringing in talented guys, but this scares the ###### out of me. I'm gonna miss that class big time.

Exactly why I've been saying for over a month now that the 3 frosh need to play to gain valuable experience for next year and beyond.

-if what you mean is the frosh get time this season in blowouts I can see that, but unless they are good enough to be in the rotation I am not sure I am up for using this season as a deposit for future returns, I want to win this year and by win I mean ncaa tourney and advance multiple rounds

the great news is that we have a very, very solid group of seniors who will help us win this year and that is something we had last year and the year before as well -- many teams hope for one year of excellent play and with some luck we will have three in a row. I have seen the frosh in practice and all 3 have real potential, particularly the two young big men. With a little more polish and experience they will be tough rebounders and potentially excellent scorers with one on the inside and one on the outside. Crawford is a big time hustler who needs to hit the weights but he will be a good guy to have on the team. With the young big men and athletic big guards coming in, along with Ash who is a real NBA type body guard, we have the potential to keep things going--and don't forget Grandy and John Manning--they have two years left and I think many people will be surprised how much they contribute over the next two years. Finally, we will have McBroom coming back for two more years after this year so things are looking just fine for the future!

I'm pumped about this one at schools like USC the boosters hook up the parents of the recruits. Jolly's parent live in a much better neighborhood than I do can they hook me up? They live about 4 mi away from me. Come on Jolly parents let me come over and swim in your pool. I'm a fun guy.

Jolly will be solid.

Don't stop the party

I'm pumped about this one at schools like USC the boosters hook up the parents of the recruits. Jolly's parent live in a much better neighborhood than I do can they hook me up? They live about 4 mi away from me. Come on Jolly parents let me come over and swim in your pool. I'm a fun guy.

Jolly will be solid.

Don't stop the party

-pond would be good for you :P