Recruiting - 2013

Updated:

Offers:

-Hakim Santil, PG: 5-11, 170, Roselle Catholic HS, Roselle, NJ. Offers: SLU and Fairfield. Possible offers: Rhode Island, South Carolina, Cincinnati, and SMU.

-Jordan Strawberry, PG: 6-1, 170, Mater Dei HS, Santa Ana, CA. Offers: SLU, UC-Riverside, and at least 2 others.

-Daishon Knight, PG-SG: 6-1, 170, Odessa CC, Odessa, TX. Offers: SLU. Possible offers: Illinois State, Creighton, Colorado State.

-Randy Onwuasor, PG-SG: 6-3, 190, Inglewood HS. Offers: UC-Irvine, Cal-Fullerton, at least 2 others.

-Ibrahim Djambo, C: 6-10, 240, Three Rivers CC, Poplar Bluff, MO. Offers: SLU, Austin Peay, Clemson, Detroit, Illinois State, Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago, Morehead State, SEMO, SIUC, Southern Miss, and Washington State.

Others:

-Achraf Yacoubou, SG: 6-4, 210, Villanova. Interest from SLU and Pitt

-Brett Jolly, PF-C: 6-10, Carroll HS, Southlake, TX. Offers: Weber State. Interest from SLU, Belmont, Bucknell, Lehigh, Furman, North Texas, Penn, Tulsa, Sam Houston State, Wichita State.

Five offers outstanding with only two to give. Is it first come first serve?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again: whatever happened to Lucas Stivrins? he visited SLU (I believe; could be wrong about that) . . . . and just visited Nevada this past weekend.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20130411/SPORTS06/304110014/Nevada-basketball-6-foot-11-recruit-set-weekend-visit

"Stivrins, who did not immediately return a call to his cellphone, previously took a recruiting trip to Tulsa. He’s also received varied levels of interest from Mercer, Saint Louis, Colorado and Pepperdine. . . . "

I thought we backed off on him. I could be wrong. Anyone else know for sure?

Onwuasor says the schools "on his radar" are St.Louis, Florida State, Seton Hall, Arkansas, UNLV, and Tulane. http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/tnb-interview-randy-onwuasor/

From watching his game videos, he looks like a legit D1 guard. I hope he commits. Add Yacoubou and Djambo into the class, and it would be one heck of a spring.

Five offers outstanding with only two to give. Is it first come first serve?

I guess so. Each staff probably plays that a little differently, so I'm not sure what this staff is saying to each guy.

If I had to pick two at this point, it would be Djambo and Onwuasor. Yes, I know that's not how it works. And yes, I'd be happy with a couple other guys from the list. Jolly isn't high on my list; he seems like a backup plan to Djambo if that one falls through. He also doesn't have an offer yet, to my knowledge. Knight still has too many red flags for me. I'm also curious as to where Santil stands (he's high on SLU but hasn't committed for some reason, has had some other major programs interested, and yet is talking about prep school) and why Strawberry hasn't gotten more offers elsewhere.

Onwuasor says the schools "on his radar" are St.Louis, Florida State, Seton Hall, Arkansas, UNLV, and Tulane. http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/tnb-interview-randy-onwuasor/

From watching his game videos, he looks like a legit D1 guard. I hope he commits. Add Yacoubou and Djambo into the class, and it would be one heck of a spring.

I updated the list. And don't we only have 2 spots left?

TNB: When it comes to music, what artists do you have on your mp3 player right now?
Randy Onwuasor: Lloyd banks, Gucci mane, Ace hood, Cassidy and some Chief Keef.

horrible taste, I don't want him. Next.

TNB: When it comes to music, what artists do you have on your mp3 player right now?

Randy Onwuasor: Lloyd banks, Gucci mane, Ace hood, Cassidy and some Chief Keef.

horrible taste, I don't want him. Next.

Disagree. I really like this kid! :D

jordan strawberry @jstrawberry_034 22h

Next Sunday I will be headed to St Louis for my visit to SLU pretty stoked about it!!

And more importantly:

jordan strawberry @jstrawberry_034 17h

Im going to wear a headband in college

jordan strawberry ‏@jstrawberry_034 22h

Next Sunday I will be headed to St Louis for my visit to SLU pretty stoked about it!!

And more importantly:

jordan strawberry ‏@jstrawberry_034 17h

One day, we're going to have the Billikens.com recruit questionnaire that we can hand out to each guy on their visit. Do you want to wear a headband will be one of the questions.

jordan strawberry ‏@jstrawberry_034 22h

And more importantly:

jordan strawberry ‏@jstrawberry_034 17h

this is killing me. he must have consulted the oracle...

http://www.m8ball.com/index.php?answer=5991933