Recruiting - 2013

Cannot wait....getting good guards is one thing, but two talented bigs that BCS schools were interested is great. Getting these two recruits, tells me that good times will not end after the seniors graduate next year....I expect more good signings to follow

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason why a transfer might be best for the last spot is that we already have 4 freshmen in this class (Drew, Crawford, Agbeko, Lancona) Maybe it would be nice to have a guy who has 2 years of eligibility left. So he would sit out this season and then be a Junior with McBroom in 2014-2015. Then this class would only be 4 players and McBroom's class would be 2 players. Grandy and Manning would also be 2. Graduating 5 this coming season so it would be nice to somewhat even out the classes.

Class Breakdown for this upcoming season

Freshmen

Jared Drew (RS)

Mike Crawford

Reggie Agbeko

Tanner Lancona

Sophomores

Austin McBroom (RS)

Juniors

Grandy Glaze

John Manning

Seniors

Jake Barnett

Mike McCall

Jordair Jett

Rob Loe

Dwayne Evans

12 scholarships filled. 1 to go.

If Saintil goes prep school, I'd love to see RO and Saintil the following year.

I'm skeptical about the whole Saintil situation. Why is he going prep school? Just how good is he? Until those are answered, I'm not sold.

I'm skeptical about the whole Saintil situation. Why is he going prep school? Just how good is he? Until those are answered, I'm not sold.

It's a weird situation to be sure. He went on a visit to St. Bonaventure, who had their schollies assigned already. I liked his game from what I saw, but it's a really confusing situation to be sure.

If Bennett didn't like his D, which I have no way of knowing, neither will we. As for something not right in Charlottesville, if you've ever been there, you'd have a hard time finding anything wrong with it. Beautiful town, unreal campus, and other amenities.

Agree. Beautiful city. If he's already looking for third school to play for maybe he's the problem?

I must say, on paper, this recruiting season is going better than I expected it would so far, and if these guys pan out correctly, I will be deserving of a healthy helping of crow re: Crews.

I am definitely more excited for the future than I expected, a month ago, that I would be right now.

I must say, on paper, this recruiting season is going better than I expected it would so far, and if these guys pan out correctly, I will be deserving of a healthy helping of crow re: Crews.

I am definitely more excited for the future than I expected, a month ago, that I would be right now.

We all appreciate the approval. You're still not allowed to follow the team past next season. Stick to your guns.

I think he has some people around him, and could be thinking this himself, telling him he needs to be playing at the highest level possible. The thought might be that the level of programs that are recruiting him are not the highest level possible. I guess he thinks that if he goes to prep school and plays well, he'll have the to play at a higher level in college.

One reason why a transfer might be best for the last spot is that we already have 4 freshmen in this class (Drew, Crawford, Agbeko, Lancona) Maybe it would be nice to have a guy who has 2 years of eligibility left. So he would sit out this season and then be a Junior with McBroom in 2014-2015. Then this class would only be 4 players and McBroom's class would be 2 players. Grandy and Manning would also be 2. Graduating 5 this coming season so it would be nice to somewhat even out the classes.

Freshmen

Jared Drew (RS)

Mike Crawford

Reggie Agbeko

Tanner Lancona

Sophomores

Austin McBroom (RS)

Juniors

Grandy Glaze

John Manning

Seniors

Jake Barnett

Mike McCall

Jordair Jett

Rob Loe

Dwayne Evans

If Randy O does not work out maybe look at the transfer possibilities that when becoming eligible be in Austin McBroom's class. Like a proven guard that had lots of minutes and played in a major or high mid major conference that has that desire play in the Dance.

I am sure JC has had phone calls that you keep discreet.

Since we aren't stopping the party and have been targeting alot of Cali kids this spring I think its only fitting that tupac joins our friend pitbull

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uWbXQQG9B6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kind of silly to wear a condom for a 17-year-old song, don'tcha think? still so clean... this'll do ya.

ONe of the pictures that was tweeted when he played with the team, he is in the forefront on the block, Cody looks to have brought a rebound down in the center of the key, and Tanner looks taller. Sure it might be perspective, but even if he is only 6'8" he is more athletic than Cody, based on his highlight film. (ie he jumps and dunks better)

ONe of the pictures that was tweeted when he played with the team, he is in the forefront on the block, Cody looks to have brought a rebound down in the center of the key, and Tanner looks taller. Sure it might be perspective, but even if he is only 6'8" he is more athletic than Cody, based on his highlight film. (ie he jumps and dunks better)

he looks like the best of both worlds between cody and cory as far as 6'8"ish frames go

he looks like the best of both worlds between cody and cory as far as 6'8"ish frames go

In terms of athleticism, I think he's more of a taller Dwayne. Cory never really drove to the basket on the baseline or through the lane. I love the athleticism that Lancona is bringing to the table.

Freshmen

Jared Drew (RS)

Mike Crawford

Reggie Agbeko

Tanner Lancona

Sophomores

Austin McBroom (RS)

Juniors

Grandy Glaze

John Manning

Seniors

Jake Barnett

Mike McCall

Jordair Jett

Rob Loe

Dwayne Evans

How did we get into the position that we only have one sophomore and one guard after next year?