Next Coach

GOSLU68

Jensen was making 6 figures at slu he does not in the nba minors. So willie since you talked to him, why did he leave slu and accept less pay if it wasnt because of his distaste for recruiting?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I like about the Stallings option is that if you got stallings is that you wouldn't have to worry about him leaving after a couple of successful seasons. He would come here with this being his final job.

Now, I doubt he has any interest in the job.

Without the college recruiting success on their resume red auerbach and phil jackson wouldnt get a major D1 head coaching job.

Without the college recruiting success on their resume red auerbach and phil jackson wouldnt get a major D1 head coaching job.

Roy, you can't be serious! Their names and success at the NBA level — and that's where all of the players going to a major D1 school think they're headed — would close deals. If Phil Jackson wanted to be a head coach at virtually any D1 school and would accept the salary, that school would hire him immediately, even though he's never gone through the college recruiting process.

Jensen was making 6 figures at slu he does not in the nba minors. So willie since you talked to him, why did he leave slu and accept less pay if it wasnt because of his distaste for recruiting?

I find it hard to believe he is making less then 100k coaching in the development league. I think he left because he thought it was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. If his job only leads to being hired by an NBA team in any position, that's pretty damn good.

Porter Moser

Given the myriad of jokes on this site concerning his greatness, not sure if this is a serious suggestion or not. Anyway, in his first year at Loyola last season, the Ramblers lost a school record 23 games. They went 7-23, with a 1-17 record in the Horizon League.

I liked having Porter at SLU as an assistant. He seemed like a great guy, presented himself well, but given his first season at Loyola, his team would have to make a significant step up this year for me to consider him to be a good possibility. Going into their game today, they're 5-2, with 1 of those wins over Division 2 Rockhurst.

I'm beginning to doubt PM's ability both as a teacher and a recruiter. I'm willing to bet more kids came here solely because they'd heard great things about RM and not due to PM's salesmanship. After one miserable year at Loyola, I'd be disappointed if he was SLU's next HC. My first "reasonable or possibly doable" is to hire Marshall of Wichita. My guess, though, is he's probably the highest paid coach in the MVC. He wouldn't come on the cheap but, no good HC or promising AC will. Biondi's got to face the facts, any HC worth his salt is going to cost a minimum of 3/4 of a mil with some perks tossed in there for good measure.

Given the myriad of jokes on this site concerning his greatness, not sure if this is a serious suggestion or not. Anyway, in his first year at Loyola last season, the Ramblers lost a school record 23 games. They went 7-23, with a 1-17 record in the Horizon League.

I liked having Porter at SLU as an assistant. He seemed like a great guy, presented himself well, but given his first season at Loyola, his team would have to make a significant step up this year for me to consider him to be a good possibility. Going into their game today, they're 5-2, with 1 of those wins over Division 2 Rockhurst.

Understandable. I was semi-serious though. I know the guy can coach and Porter learned a ton from Majerus on taking a team to the next level... Loyola plays MSU next and although they'll lose, it will be interesting to see if a Horizon league team can even play on the same floor.

They most likely can't, and it's unfortunate given the timing, but I think he will be successful in time and in a few years will get a call from a bigger program.

SLU needs to look for coaches willing to take a program that seemingly is close to the top and stay here and not just move on after a couple NCAA runs

I'm beginning to doubt PM's ability both as a teacher and a recruiter. I'm willing to bet more kids came here solely because they'd heard great things about RM and not due to PM's salesmanship. After one miserable year at Loyola, I'd be disappointed if he was SLU's next HC. My first "reasonable or possibly doable" is to hire Marshall of Wichita. My guess, though, is he's probably the highest paid coach in the MVC. He wouldn't come on the cheap but, no good HC or promising AC will. Biondi's got to face the facts, any HC worth his salt is going to cost a minimum of 3/4 of a mil with some perks tossed in there for good measure.

It looks like Marshall is making around 900k right now for WSU.

We have had plenty of discussion over who the next coach should be. For now I think we should all get behind this team and Coach Crews and support them 100%. Crews did not apply or ask to be put in this position and it just got even tougher.

Go Coach Crews and Go Bills! Have a great season for Rick!

We have had plenty of discussion over who the next coach should be. For now I think we should all get behind this team and Coach Crews and support them 100%. Crews did not apply or ask to be put in this position and it just got even tougher.

Go Coach Crews and Go Bills! Have a great season for Rick!

Agree with the sentiment of your post, but Crews did accept the interim HC position.

Valpo gave us to see Crews out coach young Bryce Drew. If your team hits 60% from field and holds other team to 30%

And you inflate your halftime lead everybody comes away warm and fuzzy.

Maybe Jett's resurgence had the same impact.

You can't say anyone else is playing beyond his ability