Next Coach

GOSLU68

Present staff comes off like the unemployed willing to take a job if there is good health insurance for a year.

It appears Crews doesn't call timeouts because he doesn't know what to do.

I'll swear KM started the plans for one timeout and it looked like JB almost started another and all Crews had to offer was some hysteria.

We lost Jensen and Harriman and I would have felt either could have played SIUC with a better plan for

offence and defense.

Jett should have sat out to rest for the Washington game. MM and JB could have played guard-even Cody

Has taken the ball over the timeline when necessary. If theses guys want to fire up three pointers let them

Carry the load for awhile so JJ can heal.

Because JJ stood around so much we had no rhythm the entire game.

If Loe is getting the hell beat out of him then let Manning come in I think he or most anyone has more spunk or an idea how to not be a target. Loe has got to go to the basket and keep moving. If he plays back to the basket he is just pushed out and abused. It is supposed to be a motion offense with some

Variations. Loe's high key play and screens are pitiful. He would do better standing up 7 feet tall and

Not looking like he is trying to shadow a defender-yes I am talking about us on offence. He would be more help if he ran up established himself so the guard had a safe side to slide by and peel off to go someplace

Else. He looks like he is setting up a zone defense on the defender.

It is a good thing RL scrambles after a loose ball now and again and hits some threes but I have to say he

Misses KM more than anyone else. In past Cody could also find Rob and made some nifty passes but were just ugly tonight.n

MM and JB are not point guards but if Hinson was any kind of coach he would have denied our passing. The only plan SIUC seemed to have was continue to maul RL as he was beaten the first three minutes of the Kansas game. For the first time since

He has played at SLU there were times he did not run down the court. At one point in second half we had 1 foul they had 9. We just are not a real stand up team without Conklin, DE in Foul trouble and JJ standing, holding himself.

If these coaches can't come up with a game plan Romar will run us off the floor. After game interview

Crews did not have a coherent thought and admitted he hadn't seen tapes of Washington although Earl

Has managed to see three games.

Who is doing Majerus' job this Year? RM let the assistants make substitutions in past

Start a search now and hire someone before we start the A10 season. We don't need someone to fire them up we need someone to clue them in on how to play. We looked un coached tonight.

Hire us a believable head coach

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a point where KM had the clipboard and was drawing up a play or something as Crews and JJ looked on. I found that odd. Maybe not an indictment of Crews, but just odd. At the same time, I was pleased to see KM so into the game and wanting to help even though he could not play.

Would we really want a coach that would leave his team mid-season?

if a person gets a 250% pay raise i would never hold that against them.

I understand SLU was pretty much screwed once we lost Coach Majerus and one of the assistants had to take over. I never was much of a fan of Crews as a HC and what I have seen in 3 games on the TV has not made me feel any better. I would hope getting Mitchell back will help a lot. Will it be enough to get us in the NCAA again this year only time will tell. I for one hope Crews is not our HC next season regardless of how we finish this season. I would much rather see us go with either a proven HC or an assistant from a winning program.

What is Crews doing writing notes during the game? I have never seen a head coach with a pen and paper writing notes while the clock is running. Then he asks Danny Brown for some sheet of paper and reads it with the clock running. Shouldn't that have all been thoroughly vetted prior to even game planning let alone tip-off? It seems like he just forgets about his bench. JB had his best game ever and was playing good defense and he lets him ride the pines with JJ hobbling along risking further aggravation of his injury? I assume he has no confidence in Manning, but JB showed him he could play and he just forgot about him in the second half. He seems like one of those coaches who only feels comfortable with his proven players and will play them until they drop rather than take a chance on an unproven player.

Not only that but JB is a threat to shoot against the zone. When JJ cannot penetrate due to being injured he is an absolute waste offensively against the zone.

JB is looking more and more comfortable as he plays more. I liked him putting the ball on the floor and going to the rim a couple of times

Not only that but JB is a threat to shoot against the zone. When JJ cannot penetrate due to being injured he is an absolute waste offensively against the zone.

JB is looking more and more comfortable as he plays more. I liked him putting the ball on the floor and going to the rim a couple of times

Although i still don't have any confidence when he shoots, I generally agree with you on JB.

Untie the purse strings and bring in the Murray St coach after the season. I see the dance slipping away. Butler and VCU are better than expected.

Don't fret yet. After the Washington game, all of the remaining non-conference games are at Chaifetz and Kwamain Mitchell will eventually get back. A top 3 finish in the Atlantic 10 will yield an at-large bid.

I understand SLU was pretty much screwed once we lost Coach Majerus and one of the assistants had to take over. I never was much of a fan of Crews as a HC and what I have seen in 3 games on the TV has not made me feel any better. I would hope getting Mitchell back will help a lot. Will it be enough to get us in the NCAA again this year only time will tell. I for one hope Crews is not our HC next season regardless of how we finish this season. I would much rather see us go with either a proven HC or an assistant from a winning program.

I must concur regarding Crews. I have nothing against him and wish no one ill will regarding his or her employment, but I think the program's long-term prosperity hinges on getting the right coach, and I don't have confidence in Crews.

if a person gets a 250% pay raise i would never hold that against them.

Can you name the last D1 college basketball head coach to leave his team mid-season for another college basketball team? It is virtually unheard of and quite frankly is scummy and I'd never want someone like that in my program, no matter what the raise he is getting.

In the real world its the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a huge project, not giving two weeks of notice and stealing clients as soon as you start the new job. It's extremely poor form.

No, SLU will wait till the end of the season like the rest of D1 basketball to find our next head coach.

Crews is our coach, so this year is what it is.

I don't think we'll go cheap with the hire. We just put a lot of money into a new building and guys like Dr. Chaifitz were completely energized last year as was much of St. Louis over the Bills. If this season is not very successful, it'll just reinforce how important the right coach is.

Overall I think May has done a pretty good job hiring coaches. The baseball team is generally as good as it's ever been andMcGinty is looking pretty good. The V-ball coach's results seem to be worse than his predecessor and the women's soccer and basketball still need some time to assess. Both however, seem to be good hires with some proven success.

The next mens basketball HC will be the signature hire for whomever is responsible...just not sure if we go by Majerus hire how much input May will have on this very important decision. I could see him doing some of the sorting & vetting candidates, but I would still put my money on Fr. Biondi being very involved in the actual offer & hiring process.

Can you name the last D1 college basketball head coach to leave his team mid-season for another college basketball team? It is virtually unheard of and quite frankly is scummy and I'd never want someone like that in my program, no matter what the raise he is getting.

In the real world its the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a huge project, not giving two weeks of notice and stealing clients as soon as you start the new job. It's extremely poor form.

No, SLU will wait till the end of the season like the rest of D1 basketball to find our next head coach.

you need to learn to read. did i say we should do it? i said that an employer shouldnt hold it against an employee that gets an opportunity like that. in no way do i see that as scummy, but i also realize that it isnt likely to happen. .

as to your statement about no notice, again no one said anything like that either. but i will say if i went to my boss and said, at the end of the fiscal year in april i am leaving to go work at xyz bank for a 250% pay raise. my boss would be happy for me however tell me to leave that day.

as to "stealing clients", the reason a competitor would want me is to bring my customers with me. and a college that loses a coach darn well knows that the recruits that coach was chasing will likely continue to be pursued by that coach.

last you all are naive if you believe that for one second that slu via third parties arent quietly unofficially contacting people to guage possible interest.