Record prediction thread

bonwich

23-7, some hiccups early without KM then we get on a good roll. Win the A-10 tourney, get a 6-7 seed and make it to the Elite 8.

that would be more than 30 total games i think.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is harder than it looks--It would be much easier with KM in the lineup from day 1-- I worry that we will lose a game or two early that we would not have otherwise lost if KM had been playing. If that happens and if we are slower off the mark in the conference because of a need to smooth out the play of our guards with KM back then we could lose a game of two in conference we did not expect to lose. Then if we make the tourney we get a fairly medium seed like an 8 or a 9 and have to play a 1 in the next game.

Let's hope I am a ridiculously pessimistic dog!

Regular season 23-7

A 10 tournament 2-1

NCAA 1-1

USC Upstate W

11/14

Santa Clara W

11/19

Texas A&M W

11/20

Kansas/Wash St. L, I guess

11/24

SIU-Carbondale W

11/28

@Washington W, mercked em last year. no different this year.

12/2

Valparaiso W

12/5

North Texas W

12/15

UT-Martin W

12/19

Eastern Illinois W

12/22

Loyola Marymount W

12/28

SIU-Edwardsville W

12-31

New Mexico W, no home cooking for the slobos

1/4

Savannah St. W

1/10

UMass W

1/12

@Temple W, revenge of the A10 will be had in this game. Not even close. 73-54 SLU

1/19

Rhode Island W

1/23

@Duquesne W

1/26

@St. Bonaventure W, whats a Bonaventure?

1/31

Butler W

2/2

Dayton W

2/6

@Fordham W

2/9

@Richmond W

2/16

Charlotte W

2/19

VCU W, welcome to St. Boogie newbs

2/22

@Butler W, welcome to a real conference, newbs

2/27

Saint Joseph's W, overrated

3/2

@Geroge Washington W, 73-19 SLU. Payback

3/6

@Xavier W, they have to play their non-ogre white dudes now

3/9

La Salle W

3-0 in A10 tourney, our conference now

3-1 in NCAA tournament

35-2. Shun the nonbeliever.

Current projection: Undefeated. Current status: 1 and 0. Current reality: attained. Future projection: TBD.

The OCC is weak. Big discussions will be Texas A&M, Kansas and Washington all away from home. Biggest home threats: New Mexico and Valpo. Five "swing" games. Winning four: great. Winning all five: priceless. Cannot afford a "trap" game. Mediocre/average: 2W - 3L. Doin so would place all our eggs in A-10 basket.

Conference schedule/A-10 basket: extremely favorable with all contenders at the Fetz. Defend the home fires. Great teams do. Road contests of concern: Olean, Butler, Richmond, Temple and Xavier. Never seem to win in Olean. Butler is Butler. Richmond can be tough place. Temple is Temple and we will likely be a "super bowl" game to young Xavier squad. Can win all but most concern is in Olean and Philly to me. Current roster give me great confidence. We shall see.

Play them one at a time. Let's see what Craig and USC Upsate bring.

Current confidence level for undefeated season: 2%.

Current confidence level for Dancing in March: 95%.

Let the fluctuations begin.

Current projection: Undefeated. Current status: 1 and 0. Current reality: attained. Future projection: TBD.

The OCC is weak. Big discussions will be Texas A&M, Kansas and Washington all away from home. Biggest home threats: New Mexico and Valpo. Five "swing" games. Winning four: great. Winning all five: priceless. Cannot afford a "trap" game. Mediocre/average: 2W - 3L. Doin so would place all our eggs in A-10 basket.

Conference schedule/A-10 basket: extremely favorable with all contenders at the Fetz. Defend the home fires. Great teams do. Road contests of concern: Olean, Butler, Richmond, Temple and Xavier. Never seem to win in Olean. Butler is Butler. Richmond can be tough place. Temple is Temple and we will likely be a "super bowl" game to young Xavier squad. Can win all but most concern is in Olean and Philly to me. Current roster give me great confidence. We shall see.

Well look at Mr Glass half-full. Someone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.

Hey Taj,

Do you realize that if you make a prediction regarding the record and you are wrong, there is no penalty? We all realize they have to play the games

Well look at Mr Glass half-full. Someone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.

i've got an idea as to why...

waking up to a vigorous, damn near violent old-fashioned from the missus in the middle of the night. just a guess.

Hey Taj,

Do you realize that if you make a prediction regarding the record and you are wrong, there is no penalty? We all realize they have to play the games

But if Taj puts in positive prediction/projection now and we stumble during the season and under-perform, he won't be able to play the "I knew it all along" card later in the season.

On the other hand, given the infamous 7-9 in the A-10 prediction/projection from last year, I can't believe he isn't dying to wipe the slate clean with a new prediction/projection. After all, you are only as good as your last prediction/projection.

Jay Bilas has us 42nd... he is a smart man... I have us higher.... but he is aware we lost one of the top 10 coaches in the NCAA, and the best guard in the A-10 will not be 100% until mid-yr or later.

I hope the kids gut it out and play with passion... but we lost a lot. So I went with 22 wins in the regular season.

If they stick together, when KM is himself in, say, mid-February we should have a good run.

Jay Bilas has us 42nd... he is a smart man... I have us higher.... but he is aware we lost one of the top 10 coaches in the NCAA, and the best guard in the A-10 will not be 100% until mid-yr or later.

I hope the kids gut it out and play with passion... but we lost a lot. So I went with 22 wins in the regular season.

If they stick together, when KM is himself in, say, mid-February we should have a good run.

There it is Kshoe...MB will now be the one able to say "I told you so" -- that scenario is much more appealing :lol:

The Majerus loss will hurt a lot more on the recruiting front than on the floor this year except for a possible match up in the tourney were we have a real talent disparity. Crews can coach and this team already has talent. 26-4 regular season, A10 champs and sweet 16.

I just laughed when I read that jay bilas is a smart man. Lets just say that is not a universally held opinion...

I think Jay Bilas is a very smart man, but smart men often let their biases cloud their judgment...cough cough...Karl Rove...cough cough.