Majerus is stepping down

volfan

So, was the rumor on this Board a month ago about Majerus' health true? It appears it was. If Majerus is in a hospital in Southern California, then it appears that rumor weeks ago was true. If that is the case, did SLU want it hush hush as to not affect SLU season ticket sale renewals?

I like the way you think. Someone who "gets it."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, was the rumor on this Board a month ago about Majerus' health true? It appears it was. If Majerus is in a hospital in Southern California, then it appears that rumor weeks ago was true. If that is the case, did SLU want it hush hush as to not affect SLU season ticket sale renewals?

Biondi pulling a fast one? I'm shocked to hear such a thing.

Wait this happened at about the same time 2 years ago with KM and WR?

Annette Clark always said he was such a stand up guy.... ?????

Get well Coach, and thanks for St. Patrick's Day weekend in Columbus.

To paraphrase Dick Vermeil, we will rally around Jim Crews, and we will play good basketball.

+1,000,000.

Sounds really, really sappy but I'll never forget that weekend in Columbus. That will be my lead in for when I tell my story about how the BIlls made the final four in 2012-2013.

I work at SLU, thats how I know everything...If it was up to Biondi he would get rid of the athletic program..athletics do not bring money to Universities he says, academics do.

Too bad our rankings have fallen substantially the last few years.

Also, speaking of that... I interviewed this week and in my third round of interviews (this one with a partner)I was asked the question "Why would you ever attend Saint Louis University?" Yup, I facepalmed right there in that interview. SLU has been really giving me a few headaches this week. I need to hear some good news from SLU pretty soon.

Following the Bills is like being in a street fight you just can't win. You get bloodied and beaten but keep scrapping. Then, when you finally get that second wind and adrenaline boost some a-hole from across the parking lot runs over and curb stomps your ass.

RM health is more important than wins and losses so hopefully they can get him healthy enough to live a normal life.

Basketball wise this is pretty depressing news the type of thing that will force me to overindulge in some adult beverages tonight.

I was heading to the liquor store to get beer when Rammer was on, I thought about getting a bottle of liquor to medicate.

But, I guess after the last week and the senseless murder of Megan Boken it puts everything in perspective. It's just a game and we'll move on with a special season still. Hopefully Rick will get his ticker taken care of and make a recovery.

Great f*cking Friday.

I don't like the line in the stories that talks about "SLU having not decided on the coach for 2013-14." My first thought is to wishing Rick a full recovery. My second thought was that Crews was the natural choice. I'll take him over Whitesell for now. This year should be somewhat more doable on cruise (Crews) control what with such talent returning. But my third thought is why even bother with discussing the 13-14 season if there isn't some smoke to the Biondi/Majerus issue noted by some above?

If the statement about Biondi believing there isn't merit to athletics playing arole in school profitability,awareness and enrollments, then one only need to point out the changing landscape in both college football and basketball these past few years. It's allbeing done on the account of the money. Last time I checked, money and profitability were kind of hand-in-glove cousins but that's an uneducated guess on my part.

I've long talked sustainability. I didn't know it would come up this soon nor in this way.

I work at SLU, thats how I know everything...If it was up to Biondi he would get rid of the athletic program..athletics do not bring money to Universities he says, academics do.

Yep.

Behind closed doors, he does not like athletics at all.

His cheap attitude always pecks away at our athetic dept, p*ssed of Majerus all the time.

And now another classic example, paying Harriman so little, he got triple to go to Nebraska for same asst coah job.

Sure, its The Big 12, BCS, state money, but Biondi was paying 1/3 of that for a quality asst. Great.

Will they be hiring another assistant coach or will they stick with just Whitesell and Bronson? Also, I'm glad they chose Crews over Whitesell (who I believe is incompetent) but I'm surprised since Whitesell is the "Associate Head Coach" while Crews was just an assistant. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

If so, then I just don't understand why Chaifetz was ever built under Biondi's watch. I can understand that he might not like athletics and would rather not have to deal with them, but he made the decision to build Chaifetz because he realized that athletics were important, at least from a name recognition standpoint. The building of Chaifetz can't be reconciled with your statement above.

FUOK THAT FUOKING COCKSUOKER. I hope Rick gets better soon, completely aside from basketball, and I hope for peace for Megan Boken and her family, but this, coupled with her murder, in addition to the law school fiasco, on the heels of anheuser-busch going down and the city going to hell in a hand basket in general, makes me now think my degree is worth FUOK ALL. I don't think I'm alone in that regard. I don't think it matters so much these days, but I'd always secretly hoped that we'd close the gap and people wouldn't just say "oh." when I said I didn't go to Wash U.

I want Biondi gone ASAP. In the past 5 years he's run off a quality, committed AD, basketball coach, and a dean. Who knows who else? He had his day, but he's a crotchety old arrogant fuoking PRICK and I'm sick of him. Oh. He ran off Father Doody, too.

Put that bastard out to pasture. I don't see how anyone in a position to oust him doesn't see that his ship had sailed.

FUOK THAT FUOKING COCKSUOKER. I hope Rick gets better soon, completely aside from basketball, and I hope for peace for Megan Boken and her family, but this, coupled with her murder, in addition to the law school fiasco, on the heels of anheuser-busch going down and the city going to hell in a hand basket in general, makes me now think my degree is worth FUOK ALL. I don't think I'm alone in that regard. I don't think it matters so much these days, but I'd always secretly hoped that we'd close the gap and people wouldn't just say "oh." when I said I didn't go to Wash U.

I want Biondi gone ASAP. In the past 5 years he's run off a quality, committed AD, basketball coach, and a dean. Who knows who else? He had his day, but he's a crotchety old arrogant fuoking PRICK and I'm sick of him. Oh. He ran off Father Doody, too.

Motherfuoking ###### Father Biondi. Put that bastard out to pasture.

Thank you

Questions & Comments

When did Majerus know he was in poor health? When did SLU know? When the Utah rumors came out SLU officials assured us Majerus was fine. Apparently not the case. July? June? May? Did we know about Majerus when Harriman was hired away? If so that is reprehensible that we let him go.

Why Crews for HC? Yeah he's been to the tourney, 13 years ago. He doesn't recruit. He hasn't been in contact since the week after they lost to Mich St. Lets not forget he was fired from Army for being abusive to a player. He was deemed too abusive by the ARMY?!?!?!?!?! Sorry I didn't mind the guy as a stopgap on the bench for a season but as HC of my Billikens, I can't support it. It is a Biondi move all the way.

Why not Whitesell. He's Associate HC. He's the only one on the current staff who has recruited at all extensively and is by far the coach closest to the team. He's not John Wooden but he is a much better choice than Crews IMO.

What about recruiting? Crews does nothing with it at all. After a season under Crews Carter and Drew won't return. And the CO of 13, well forget about it. All we have to do is replace Mitchell & Ellis. No big deal.

I still think this team can make the tourney. Sweet sixteen or better, doubtful. I also wouldn't be surprised if the team imploded. Zero faith in Crews.