2011-12 A10 Attendance

The Billikens were 66th in the nation with 7,757 per game. We brought in 1,458 more people per game compared to last season which was the 9th largest increase in division 1.

The A10

28. Dayton - 12,154

39. Xavier - 10,155

58. Temple - 8,615

66. Saint Louis - 7,757

89. Charlotte - 6,001

93. Richmond - 5,660

UMass - 4,279

Saint Joseph's - 4,197

St. Bonaventure - 3,926

Rhode Island - 3,829

Duquesne - 3,204

George Washington - 2,561

Fordham - 2,343

La Salle - 2,209

The two new additions

70. VCU - 7,622

78. Butler - 6,599

Other programs I've seen mentioned for possible expantion options.

6. Creighton - 16,665

68. Bradley - 7,640

80. Siena - 6,509

George Mason - 5,161

The State of Missouri

32. Missouri - 11,830

66. Saint Louis - 7,757

70. Missouri State - 7,050

SEMO - 2,356

Central Missouri - 2,045

Mo. Southern St. - 1,923

Mo. Western St. - 1,760

Drury - 1,714

UMKC - 1,308

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/2012/2012+ncaa+mens+basketball+attendance

I wish they would give the % full. IMO that would be a better measurement for teams that are failing or not.

Fordham holds about 3470, making it about two thirds full. Of course, when they make the big time, they plan to go to MSG, assuming MSG is still standing.

-so what is the goal for the upcoming season? if we add 1300 we are at a 9k avg playing on avg to 85% full house

-9k avg to me would figure 3-5 sell outs to balance the savanah states of the schedule

-ticket prices will have something to do with this

Say what you want about the fashion preferences of Dayton fans, they're a loyal bunch.

Hopefully, we can increase attendance another 1,000 per game next season. Winning is one piece to the program-building puzzle, but consistently being in the top 50 for attendance is another big piece.

Xavier was deemed a sellout at 10,441, although it was also called the second-largest crowd in the history of Chaifetz.

10,600 is the official capacity, I assume including the boxes.

73% average attendance.

I wish they would give the % full. IMO that would be a better measurement for teams that are failing or not.

Here are the arena capacites of the A10 according to Wikipedia

13,435 - Dayton

10,600 - Saint Louis

10,250 - Xavier

10,206 - Temple

9,493 - UMass

9,171 - Richmond

9,105 - Charlotte

7,657 - Rhode Island

5,480 - St. Bonaventure

4,406 - Duquesne

4,338 - George Washington

4,200 - Saint Joseph's

4,000 - La Salle

3,470 - Fordham

The new additions

10,000 - Butler

7,617 - VCU

So here are the %full that everyone averaged

99.9% - Saint Joseph's

99% - Xavier

90% - Dayton

84% - Temple

73% - Saint Louis

73% - Duquense

72% - St. Bonaventure

67% - Fordham

66% - Charlotte

62% - Richmond

59% - George Washington

55% - La Salle

50% - Rhode Island

45% - UMass

New Additions

100% - VCU

66% - Butler

St. Joe was pretty much a sellout every game. Hagan's capacity is 4200, and they average 4197. It is historically noted as being a very tough place to play for the visitors. I'm sure they could bring in more fans with a bigger arena, but the atmosphere created with a small, packed house is one of the best in college basketball, espeically when St. Joe's is going good.

Not bad considering the Bills never adverstise really. I come up to St. Louis from November thru January for the holidays every year. I rarely see any type of advertising or schedules out. Just imagine how many more people would come to the games if they actually knew when the games were. I've said this before and I will say this again, they need a better tv deal, at least some merchandise in the stores and they need to lower the ticket prices. Just do a little bit of all three and keep winning and then you"ve got something. Eventually, they will become noticed. I never did understand the "Our Town, Your Team" slogan, especially when St. Louis is Cardinal Town, not to mention the Blues, the Rams and that little state university in Columbia, MO. I love going to the Fetz on game day, it has so much potential/great atmosphere, I know the Bills are a college program, but for heaven's sake, I wish they would take notes from a NBA team on how to market their program better. The Grizzlies do a great job marketing basketball in Memphis, come on down and take some notes. Memphis is a good basketball city, but not as good as St. Louis, MO. Let's go Bills!

They keep on winning, they will keep on coming. Spoonball proved that in the 90's. I think next year we easily go up by 1000. After another dance appearance and a nice run this season, following year you'll be scrambling for a ticket.

According to the A10 site, for league games we drew a average of 8784. Not bad, about 85% of the Chaifetz was filled.

The weak home OOC schedule hurt overall average attendance. Especially that string of games we had in December. Also I think it took awhile to sink in with the fans that this was not the previous season and this team had potential.

Even our so called marquis game with Washington in early November I think it only drew in the high 4000.

According to the A10 site, for league games we drew a average of 8784. Not bad, about 85% of the Chaifetz was filled.

The weak home OOC schedule hurt overall average attendance. Especially that string of games we had in December. Also I think it took awhile to sink in with the fans that this was not the previous season and this team had potential.

Even our so called marquis game with Washington in early November I think it only drew in the high 4000.

Attendance figures at a 10,600 capacity with percentage filled at the end for the 2011-12 season. Not all of the non-conference games hurt attendence last year. The AD did a great job getting people to the Texas Southern game on a Sat night, think it was Boy Scout Night.

Tennessee St 11-Nov Fri, 7:30pm 6497 61%

Washington 20-Nov Sun, 11am 6761 64%

Portland 3-Dec Sat, 7pm 7087 67%

Vermont 7-Dec Wed, 7pm 5677 54%

UI-Springfield 10-Dec Sat, 1pm 5842 55%

Alabama St 17-Dec Sat, 7pm 6574 62%

Arkansas St 22-Dec Thurs, 7pm 7354 69%

Texas Southern 27-Dec Tue, 7pm 8044 76%

GW 7-Jan Sat, 7pm 9021 85%

Temple 11-Jan Wed, 8pm 8760 83%

Duquense 21-Jan Sat, 7pm 8656 82%

St. Bonaventure 1-Feb Wed, 7pm 6346 60%

Dayton 4-Feb Sat, 4pm 10414 98%

Richmond 15-Feb Wed, 7pm 7459 70%

Fordham 18-Feb Sat, 3pm 9173 87%

Xavier 28-Feb Tue, 8pm 10441 99%

Not bad considering the Bills never adverstise really. I come up to St. Louis from November thru January for the holidays every year. I rarely see any type of advertising or schedules out. Just imagine how many more people would come to the games if they actually knew when the games were. I've said this before and I will say this again, they need a better tv deal, at least some merchandise in the stores and they need to lower the ticket prices. Just do a little bit of all three and keep winning and then you"ve got something. Eventually, they will become noticed. I never did understand the "Our Town, Your Team" slogan, especially when St. Louis is Cardinal Town, not to mention the Blues, the Rams and that little state university in Columbia, MO. I love going to the Fetz on game day, it has so much potential/great atmosphere, I know the Bills are a college program, but for heaven's sake, I wish they would take notes from a NBA team on how to market their program better. The Grizzlies do a great job marketing basketball in Memphis, come on down and take some notes. Memphis is a good basketball city, but not as good as St. Louis, MO. Let's go Bills!

This not fully true - not saying that they can not do a better job. There billboards up the entire season, they run ads in the Post for games and for special pricing packages, they are in Groupon, they get advertising on the radio (101.1) the enter season, they send emails to alums from time to time regarding special games.

We drew 6761 for the Wash game - look up in the SLU archives or a previous post which I did not see when I posted this. The OOC schedule was not that weak - yes some of the good games we played were on the road in tourneys but you have no control over that - also the Washington team was suppose to be better than they turned out. Still the OCC home schedule had Vermont - NCAA bid, Wash - NIT bid, TNSt - NCAA bid - beat Murrary State and won their conf tourney. So, it is not like we did not play anybody at home. Also, we were coming off a 12 game win season - nobody except us were excited about us so why would they come to early games in the season.

This not fully true - not saying that they can not do a better job. There billboards up the entire season, they run ads in the Post for games and for special pricing packages, they are in Groupon, they get advertising on the radio (101.1) the enter season, they send emails to alums from time to time regarding special games.

What about pocket schedules? Seems like the Cardinals, Blues, and Rams always have pocket schedules you can grab at banks, grocery stores, fast food joints, etc. I do not recall seeing any Billikens schedules in the past. This might be a good idea for the Bills to get word out about their games. I think half the battle is just making everyone aware of when the games are and who the Bills are playing.

Another good way to do this is to hype up the season opener big time and give away magnetic schedules. If you get close to a sell out of the season opener and all of those people have schedules stuck on their fridge, it is much more likely they will go to games later in the year. I know they have done this is in the past, but I can't remember getting one in recent years (perhaps because of late arrival to the game).

What about pocket schedules? Seems like the Cardinals, Blues, and Rams always have pocket schedules you can grab at banks, grocery stores, fast food joints, etc. I do not recall seeing any Billikens schedules in the past. This might be a good idea for the Bills to get word out about their games. I think half the battle is just making everyone aware of when the games are and who the Bills are playing.

Another good way to do this is to hype up the season opener big time and give away magnetic schedules. If you get close to a sell out of the season opener and all of those people have schedules stuck on their fridge, it is much more likely they will go to games later in the year. I know they have done this is in the past, but I can't remember getting one in recent years (perhaps because of late arrival to the game).

I had a pocket schedule this past year - can't remember where I got it though.